三十五

life updates from the family

~

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO KEVIN HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!"

"hyung turned two digits!"

"it'll be your turn too next year hakkie!"

"HYUNG WHAT DID YOU WISH FORRR?"

"i-it wo-uldnt w-wor-k if kev t-t-told you, sun!"

"awww come onnnnn"

the kids all laughed as the kevin blew out the candles on his cakes. yes, cakes. kevin had argued that he deserved two cakes for the first year of his life being two digits. one was a vanilla cake covered in white to grey ombré frosting sprinkled with edible gold glitter all over it while the other one was a rainbow splattered frosting confetti flavoured cake with black buttercream edges to represent his creative side.

after cutting the slices of cake out for each of the boys, all of them happily munched on the delicious tasting cake. then,

"Y-YAH! CCHANGMIN! SUNWOO!"

both boys cackled as they smudged some cake onto each of kevin's cheeks. until kevin got back at them by taking a handful of cake and hitting them too.

"HEY!"

"YOU STARTED IT!"

"IT WAS SUNWOO'S IDEAAAA!"

"HYUNG DONT THROW ME UNDER THE BUS
MAN—"

"HEY!"

"both of you stop arguing."

sunwoo's sentence was cut off by a blob of pink cake being catapulted onto his left cheek by none other than hyunjun.

"oH NO YOU DONT!"

sunwoo yelled out loud before grabbing his cake and threw it back at hyunjun, missed, and landed on jaehyun's face instead.

"i did NOTHING??"

and before jacob could even blink his eyes, the entire dining room was covered in cake.

~

jacob had brought chanhee with him to a speech therapy center. chanhee had expressed to jacob how he felt very insecure with his stutter and didn't dare to talk in school, and how it affected him. his teachers had also voiced out their concerns with chanhee's fear to speak, worried that they might affect chanhee's grades and social skills as he got older.

the first session didn't go as well as planned, chanhee blatantly refused to speak to the therapist unless jacob was right there by his side. and even when jacob was by his side, the only words that he was able to say to the therapist by the end of his one and a half our session was "my name is chanhee."

the anxiety of speaking to unknown people had gotten the better of him, to the point that he remained silent with his gaze towards the floor for a majority of the time. chanhee really really wanted to speak to the therapist, but every time he opened his mouth, nothing seemed to be able to come out, it's like something was preventing him from speaking.