十九

time skip! younghoon and hyunjae's first day of school.
* warnings : degrading comments, identity denial, and derogatory terms
~

"we're here boys! this is your classroom, aren't you excited to go in? come come, let's go together hmm"

jacob said as he leaded the two to their primary one classroom. it was the first day, where they could take a tour round the school and get used to the environment. jacob held both boys' hands in either hand, guiding them into the classroom painted with a soft shade of purple with some dark purple coloured accents. the chairs were a bright yellow and the tables had various shades too.

once jacob has guided the two to their seats, he kneeled down in front of both boys (they sat next to each other) and gave them each a peck on the forehead and told them sweet words of encouragement.

both boys happily waved their mama off, excited to meet the new faces that were scattered across the colourful classroom.

"you're reallllly pretty!..."

a few girls crowded over to younghoon and jaehyun's table, asking for their names as well as introducing themselves, wanting to be friends.

let's just say that the boys were quite the popular duo in school that morning.

.

"alright roll call everyone! raise your hand and shout 'present!' when you hear your name okay?"

the class of seven year olds responded enthusiastically, leaning in intently while waiting for their names to be called. upon reading out the names, some children would jump out of their seats with their hand held high, shouting the loudest "PRESENT!" one could imagine, some kids shirt raised their hands just above their head, mumbling their attendance to the teacher.

"bae younghoon?"

younghoon flashed a wide smile as he raised his hand high up in the air, his arm forming a perfectly straight line as he said "present" in his inside voice.

upon adoption, since jacob was the one who had signed all the papers, all the kids (even eric) were given jacob's surname. (though sangyeon and jacob were married, they had mutually decided to keep their respective last names)

"bae jaehyun?"

jaehyun froze at the name, he hasn't heard himself being called by that name in a long long time, and frankly he had never wished to hear that name come out of anyone's mouth.

younghoon snapped his head over at his brother, seeing him with wide eyes, he knows that jaehyun didn't like being referred to as jaehyun so, he gently squeezed his hand underneath the table and spoke up.

"uh, ms teacher! my brother doesn't like b-being called that name you read out! please call him hyunjae!"

the teacher ignored the boy's comment, repeating the name one more time and looking at the poor boy, waiting for him to raise his hand.

"bae jaehyun. are you in this class? you have to raise your hand okay? don't be shy!"

jaehyun looked down at his seat and fiddled with his hands nervously, before hearing his name called a third time. jaehyun meekly raised his hand and mumbled a small —un jaehyun like— "present..."