十一

arguments
* tw// : mentions of blood, items being thrown and heated arguments

~

"sang we need to talk about something"

"there's nothing to talk about."

"you know damned well that we have a lot of things to talk about."

"no you don't , lee sangyeon get back over here..please"

"we're not talking about anything, there's nothing to discuss"

"sangyeon—"

"listen when i tell you that we are NOT going to have this talk!"

silence filled the living room as the both of them stood there, atmosphere tense. the moon was shining, making it the only source of light that illuminated the dark room, giving it just enough light to see what's going on, but too little to properly see each other's expressions.

"then what was that, sangyeon..?"

"why would you throw all of their gifts away, the gifts that the kids work so hard to prepare for you each and every time?"

"jacob for the last time i do not want to fucking talk about this!"

" i know what i saw sangyeon..."

"i..just don't like them okay? is it so hard to understand?"

"yes! yes it is! i can't grasp why you would so easily throw away all those hours of effort taken just for you!"

"stop trying to manipulate and gaslight me jacob bae."

"how am i doing either of the things you said above? i'm just—"

smash

the sound of the cup hitting the floor made jacob shut up. he took a sharp breath as he stared at the shattered cup with pursed lips. his eyes lingered on the broken cup on the floor for a little while before forcing himself to look back up at sangyeon.

"I TOLD YOU I THAT I HATED THEM. IS THAT SO HARD FOR YOU TO UNDERSTAND?"

" SURE THEY'RE CUTE, IN YOUR EYES, BUT NOT IN MINE. YOU WERE THE ONE WHO BROUGHT IN THESE PESTS FROM SOMEWHERE"

"NO, you do NOT speak about the kids that way—"

"DONT YOU INTERUPT ME RIGHT NOW JACOB, you're really testing me now aren't you."

sangyeon grabbed the flower vase on the coffee table and gripped it in his hands, his other hand gripping the bridge of his nose, his glare threatening the younger. he aimed it at jacob for good measure before continuing.

"I CANT STAND YOU SOMETIMES JACOB, WHY ARE YOU ALWAYS GETTING ON MY DAMNED NERVES NOWADAYS?"

"FROM THE MOMENT I WAKE UP TO THE MOMENT I TRY TO SLEEP IN PEACE, YOURE ALWAYS THERE TO RUIN THE MOOD, ARENT YOU?"

"sangyeon, i—"

the ceramic vase hit jacob right in the arm, some of the pieces scratching his face and his chest, causing many places on his upper right body start to ooze the thick, red liquid.

jacob felt all sensation in his legs go missing, turning into jelly, as he grabbed onto the wooden coffee table. his vision got blurry, and his arms shook as he felt tears fall from his eyes. he couldn't think, all he could hear was his heart pounding in his chest.

"oh— jacob i... didn't mean to actually throw—"

"g-et out, lee sangyeon. please get-get out of my house."

jacob managed to croak out, feeling his airways tighten with every word he spoke, feeling his breathing getting heavier and his body shaking more violently. it wasn't until jacob heard the door to the house slam shut was he finally able to release his breath and fall onto his knees with a loud thud.

"hic-hic—"

jacob broke down, he let the tears flow down his face as he let out a breath, feeling himself on the verge of hyperventilating, gasping for air as if he no longer knew how to breathe, as if he was drowning. he felt like he was chocking, cries couldn't even escape his lips, nothing but silent screams escaped his dry lips.

jacob tucked his hands underneath his knees, head pressed between his legs, not caring if the shards of ceramic and glass stabbed the rest of his body. all jacob was trying to focus on now, was to get his body to shut up, and compress all of the screams he so badly wanted to yell out into oblivion.

.

after a solid hour, jacob had finally calmed down and successfully suppressed all of his screams. his breathing was heavy and his vision was blurry, but he shakily stood up, grabbing onto the sofa and the walls for support as he limped his way to grab a broom and a dustpan.

he swept up all the big chunks of broken ceramic and glass, and used his hands to pick up the smaller pieces. he then vacuumed the floor just in case and walked one round round the living room to ensure that there was not a single shard left behind.

after that, he made his way to the bathroom on the first floor, taking out tweezers, disinfectant and gauze from the medicine cabinet.

he slowly pulled out each shard that has stabbed his smooth slightly tanned skin, each pull leaving jacob in pain as the open wounds began to throb all around his body in a synchronous manner.

after yanking all of them out, he disinfected the wounds, the stinging from the medicine made him wince in pain as another round of dry heaves escaped his lips.

a roll and a half of gauze later and he was all cleaned up. how was he going to explain this to the kids when they woke up? how was he going to explain why their papa wasn't home again?

a fresh batch of warm tears leaked from his eyes as he made his way up to his room and crawled his way into his bed, burying himself under the covers and curling himself up into the tiniest ball possible.

and finally, the darkness engulfed every inch of his tired body as he dozed off to sleep.

.

jacob woke up the next morning in a jolt. he sat up and frantically looked around the room. the bed was empty, and there were bandages round his arms and legs. he stared at the digital bedside clock that read four am.

oh, so it wasn't a dream...

~

> 💀💀💀

first of all, what on earth did i just put my man through, second of all, why am i doing this??? idk it was an angsty day and i vented it out in an unhealthy way by making my characters suffer. am i going to regret going on an angst route later on in the book? probably yes. am i going to rewrite this chapter so that i can live in my forever fluffy au? probably not.

so, join me for the ride as you read a bunch of fluff with the occasional wreaking ball impact of angst that comes at you every few chapters or so.

welp, thanks for coming to my ted talk and i hope you guys will have a good day/night!