chanhee and changmin's adoption story

~

"hello?"

"hey jacob! seungcheol here, we've got a set of fussy twins dropped off at the orphanage doors the other day, i was wondering whether you'd want to meet them! maybe take home some new kids as well!"

"oh uh..."

"..."

"jacob? everything alright there?"

"ah, yes yes! i'll be over right away, thanks cheol"

.

jacob sat in one of the orphanage's bonding rooms, trying to get the twin boys, who he learnt was named changmin and chanhee, to warm up to him.

changmin stared at him, before slowly crawling his way over to jacob, sat across him and held his hand out. jacob laughed and held his hand out to changmin as well and watched as changmin inspect the hand and played with it.

changmin reminded him of a little cat, the way he was warming up to him was exactly like how the cat from his high school warmed up to the students on campus.

once changmin played with jacob's hand for awhile and had deemed him 'safe', changmin crawled his way closer to jacob and made grabby hands towards him

"up! up!"

jacob smiled and lifted changmin up into his arms, said little boy kicking ang wiggling around in jacob's arms while jacob's grip on changmin's side tightened ever so slightly to ensure that the little one didn't fall.

chanhee on the other hand, just sat there, never moving an inch from his previous spot. jacob scooted over to chanhee, his twin still in jacob's arms.

changmin kicked around, giving jacob the signal that he wanted to be free, so jacob set him down onto the soft carpet next to the various stuffies and then turned his attention to chanhee.

he offered his hand to chanhee, thinking that maybe chanhee would warm up to him the same way changmin did, but he just needed a little help to get started.

chanhee stared cautiously at the hand before slowly looking up at jacob. he pouted for awhile with his little diva expression, biting his lip. jacob thought it was so adorable.

it seemed that chanhee had made up his mind as he lifted his arms up, almost like commanding jacob to cary him. jacob's face crinkled into a smile as he picked up little chanhee, sitting him down in his lap.

jacob then heard changmin squeal as he crawled over to where jacob and chanhee sat, staring intensely at jacob, then at his lap, demanding to be sat on jacob's lap too.

jacob obviously complied and picked him up and placed him on his other thigh.

changmin squeaked and giggled as he kicked around, almost falling off of jacob ig jacob had not placed his hand behind changmin's back to support him. whilst his twin brother hugged jacob's side and buried his face into his chest.