beach day
* warning : brief mentions of almost drowning

~

it had now been a month since sangyeon went to take that stupid overseas project at work and damn did he miss him. jacob feels like it's the only thing on his mind whenever he was not busy looking after the kids. sangyeon.

he sighed as he got up, stretching and walking into the youngest three's room to check up on them. he smiled softly as he picked up a little newly awoken hyunjun from his crib and placed him in his arms and sat on a rocking chair.

the tiny one year old melted into jacob's embrace and quickly fell asleep again against the slow and calming rhythm of the rocking chair.

he looked around the room as it brought back memories of sangyeon's first ever overseas trip. damn it, sangyeon again, can't he ever stop thinking about him?

it was just like this. the first night he was gone. he had jaehyun in his arms while rocking on the rocking chair, while younghoon and juyeon were cuddling into each other, just like what little eric and sunwoo were doing at the moment.

"the first time sucked ass."

he mumbled out as he felt little hyunjun nod his head subconsciously as a response.

~

"wait you're leaving?"

"it's just for a week, a business meeting in japan. i won't be too far away."

"but—"

jacob nodded in understanding, he knew he wouldn't be able to argue his way if it was work related.

.

"stay safe alright? remember to send me a text every so often, i'll update you on the kids. make sure to eat all your meals and don't forget your—"

"alright, alright jacob i get it, stop nagging."

jacob smiled as he finished adjusting the tie on sangyeon's neck. he had to admit, his husband was pretty freaking hot.

"alright, love you! stay safe!"

"mhm, okay uh love you too."

"BYE DADA!!!"

.

"okay boys! shall we go to the beach today?"

"YAYYYY"

it's day two without sangyeon here and jacob can feel that it has already taken a toll on both him and the boys, especially juyeon, who has grown especially close to the parent.

so jacob thought it would be a good idea to spend the day having fun, it would be the first time for an outing with all three boys with just him.

"mama wha'chu doin?"

younghoon said as he climbed onto the kitchen island counter and watched jacob at the counter making various finger foods.