35. Ben vs Mreye

Ben is facing the Beholder Etherious, Mreye now. Mreye has shown some troublesome abilities. It has regeneration, its tendrils are very fast & flexible, and it has a curse of petrification.

'Its defense & offense are very strong, and the attack's range is wide & long. If I attack it at close range, the tendrils will protect it and it will heal the damaged part with its regeneration.'-Ben

While Ben ponders about it, Mreye attacks him using its tendrils. It can extend its tendrils and use them like whips. Ben ducks to dodge a horizontal swipe, then he rolls to the left and avoids a vertical attack.

But then, a tendril come out from the ground and hit him on the stomach. Ben spits a mouthful of air and is sent flying up to the sky. He senses something and looks at Mreye's eye that turns purple, ready to shoot its petrification beam.

"Shit!"-Ben

Ben immediately gather his MP in his hands and clap them. A magic circle with 3 meters diameter appears under his feet.

"Sun Dragon's Sphere!"-Ben

A sphere layer of bright orange sun energy appears around Ben like a ball. The purple petrification beam hit the sphere and push it back with Ben inside. Ben falls to the ground while still inside the sphere.

'Phew, I made it in time, and luckily it can't petrify magic, or else I'll be doomed.'-Ben

Ben gets pushed rather far from his initial spot. Now his distance with Mreye is around 200 meters.

"Can that thing's attacks reach this distance?"-Ben

Ben can't see Mreye because of the trees between them. But he can feel Mreye's presence with his magic sense. He senses Mreye is coming closer to his spot now.

'It move, that means it can't attack from this distance. I'll wait here and see how far its attack range is.'-Ben

Ben wait on his spot while preparing himself to dodge & attack anytime. Ben sees Mreye is getting closer to him, then at 50 meters distance, Mreye sends its tendrils to attack Ben.

'50 meters, and it doesn't use a petrification beam. Is it on cooldown or something?'-Ben

Ben dodges the tendrils attacks while keeping his vigilance to the ground. He doesn't want to get attacked from below again.

Then it really come, a tendril attack from under the ground. Ben can't dodge because he is still in the air after the jump, so he kicks the tip of the tendril away.

He kick it without any magic covering his feet, so it surprised Mreye. Its tendrils are strong, and mages usually don't have the necessary power to hit it without magic. If they only use their body, they'll just hurt themselves.

"You are pretty fast & strong physically for a small human. And your magic power is rather high too. But it is not enough if you want to defeat me."-Mreye

"If it's not enough, then I will make it enough to win. A battle isn't mathematic or statistic, a higher number doesn't always win. No result will be decided until it really ends."-Ben

"Fufufu, indeed it is, but if the number is too far apart, nothing can change the result on paper."-Mreye

Mreye shoots a petrification beam, and Ben has prepared for that. He covers his feet with light and his hand with plasma. Then Ben dodges to the left and avoids the purple beam.

Ben didn't stop and immediately run forward at high speed toward Mreye. The Beholder Etherious swipe its beam toward Ben, but Ben jumps to dodge it again. Mreye then sends a tendril to stab Ben while he is in midair.