145. Flying Iron Pillars

"What happens here? Why're they still in their demon forms?" asks Lucy confusedly.

"Because they are demons, they've never been humans. The Moon Drip ritual never affects people's physiques, it affects their memories. Somehow, they must've forgotten that they are demons and think that they're humans. So they transformed into humans at day unconsciously. Some of them also went crazy because their memories were in a mess," says Ben.

"As I thought, that's really the case. Galuna Island is known to be an island of demon, after all," says Erza.

"I've realized it since I stepped in this village. As a Devil Slayer, I am sensitive to demonic energy, and I can feel it from them," says Ben.

The Fairy Tail Mages nod before they widen their eyes in realization. Ben said that he is a demon hunter and the villagers here are demons.

"Hey, you! Don't even try to attack them, they haven't done anything bad," says Natsu as he & his friends surround Ben and are ready to fight him.

Ben smiles thinly and says, "Don't worry, I don't hunt demons indiscriminately. Even I have a demon friend, although he has left this world because of old age. As a Dragon Slayer, you should also know where our magic came from and who taught it to us, right?"

Natsu has a realization and nods before relaxing a little. He was taught by a Dragon and thought that Dragons are friends, but he also knows that Dragons can be enemies. So he thinks that Ben has the same opinion as him.

"Then, I'll take my leave. There are more bad demons to hunt. Good luck with your punishment," says Ben while leaving and waving his hand.

The Mages except Erza remember that they will be punished for breaking the Guild's rules and have horror expressions. They all look at Erza and know that there's no way out of this, so they just give up.

Ben leaves the village and goes to the forest. He moves stealthily towards a far coast while making sure no one sees him. There's someone who follows him, but he can get away from this person easily, it's Zalty.

"Tsk, I lost him. Well, doesn't matter, I can always find his identity with the Council's power," says Zalty as he transforms into a woman.

This woman is a Council member, Ultear. She is the real mastermind behind all of this. Ben can confront her, but he doesn't find the need to do it now. It is not his problem, it's the council's problem, so he won't do anything for now.

Ben uses his Light Runner as a ship to return to the mainland. He arrives on the coast near Hargeon Port in 2 hours because he drives it fast. He wants to return to his village, but then he remembers about Mira.

"It's been some time since I met her. But I don't know what to say after what happened back then. Sigh, let's just think about it along the way. I don't want her to think that I avoid her because of that small kiss on the cheek. Damn, just a kiss on the cheek has made me like this. Miserable," says Ben while driving Light Runner in Rally mode.

Ben drives fast to Magnolia while thinking of what he should say to Mira. The way to Magnolia feels very fast because he is too focused on what to say to Mira. But he still doesn't find the best thing to say even after reaching Magnolia's gate.

"Damn, whatever, I'll just say what I think," says Ben in frustration.

Ben stores Light Runner on his storage mark again and enters the town. He walks to Mira's house while looking around the street.

"This place is always lively, huh? People must feel safe here because a big Guild is protecting their town," says Ben as he walks.

Suddenly, something flash above him and he looks up. He sees some big iron pillars fly in the sky and they are flying to the center of Magnolia. They fly to the Fairy Tail Guild building located in the center.

Ben's trained mind as an ex-soldier knows that it is an enemy's attack. He doesn't know whether the Fairy Tail Mages realize it or not, but he knows he needs to move. Those pillars are big and they might fall on normal people.

In a flash, Ben teleports to the sky to catch the pillars, but he doesn't appear in the right spot. He aims to teleport in front of them, but he appears behind them. It's a miscalculation because he needs to move fast, but he still has a way.

Ben extends his hands in the pillars' direction and says, "Sun Dragon's Gravity Pull!"

A dark purple aura covers his hands and suddenly the pillars stop midair. They fly back to his position as he falls to the ground. Some people are on the street below him, so he shouts to them to get away from there.

The people on the street scattered and Ben lands on the ground. But the pillars are still flying to his position because they follow his pulling force. Right before the pillars hit him, Ben uses Gravity Pull with the same power to nullify the pulling force.

"What a trouble," grumbles Ben as the pillars fall around him.

"YOU THERE, ARE YOU ALRIGHT?" shouts a man from an alley.

"I should be the one asking. I am a Mage while you're a normal person, so you have a bigger chance of getting injured by these things," says Ben while sweatdropping.

"Ah, that's right," says the man.

"Anyway, can you tell the local authority about this? I will go to Fairy Tail, so I can't take care of these pillars," says Ben.

The man nods and goes to report it to the authority. Ben leaves the location and goes to the Fairy Tail building. He doesn't know what happens with their Guild, but he needs to make sure that Mira & Elfman is fine.

But before he can even reach the building, he encounters the Mages from Fairy Tail. Mira & Elfman are among them and Makarov leads them in the front. They all stop and look at each other, with Mira & Ben don't know what to say to each other.

"You are, Ben, right? Is it you who stopped those flying iron pillars?" asks Makarov.

"Yeah, I was walking on the street when those things fly. Did I not supposed to do that? I just thought that it will be dangerous if they fall on the town," says Ben with an apologetic tone.

"No, that's the correct action. We need to thank you for that. Mira, Elfman, he's here for you, so go and accompany him. I will take care of this matter," says Makarov.

"But, Master," says Mira.

"I leave it to you. Let's return, everyone," says Makarov as he walks back to his guild building.

The Mages look at each other and shrug their shoulders before they follow Makarov. Mira & Elfman stay behind and sigh before they approach Ben.

"Long time no see, Ben," says Elfman & Mira to change the topic.

"Yeah, long time no see. Sorry that I've just come now, I've been busy these days," says Ben following their want.

He knows not to meddle in another Guild's problem, it is their code of Ethics as Mages from Magic Guild. Although he doesn't really care about it, he won't be too clear about it. He doesn't want to give Mira & Elfman another problem too.

"Have you eaten something?" asks Mira.

"Not yet. Let's eat then, my treat," says Ben.

"Okay," replies Mira.

They said that but none of them move and it make the situation awkward.

"I think I'll help the others," says Elfman.

Elfman chooses the running away option as he runs to his guild, leaving the 2. Ben & Mira scratch their heads and laugh before finally walking to a restaurant. They order some food and eat while talking. But both of them avoid the topic of Mira's kiss.

Ben finally mans up and says, "Listen, Mira."
______________________________________________________________
You can read up to 35+ chapters ahead of this fanfic novel & the other one on my Pa_treon page if you are interested.

Clicking that power stone/like also seem to be a good choice, hehe.

I've uploaded:
1. Chapter 180 of Fairy Tail: Sun Eater
2. Chapter 191 of Transcended as Lord Buggy

https://www.pa_treon.com/CaptMermain
(the web didn't use _underscore_, it's to avoid censorship)