192. S-Class Again

Makarov looks at Ben who has lost his color and turned into a sketch. He even looks as if he turns into dust slowly as the wind breeze. It surely makes Makarov feel bad right now, so he coughs to gather everyone's attention.

Everyone looks at him again and Makarov says, "Also, there is an exception in this year's S-Class exam. I have decided to promote someone into an S-Class directly and all the S-Classes have agreed. Ben Cooper, you have been promoted to S-Class."

Colors return to Ben's body and he asks with a dumbfounded face, "Huh? Me?"

Everyone is also confused, so Makarov explains, "That's right, you have become an S-Class, and you don't need to join the exam. Some of you maybe aren't satisfied by this, so let me explain. Ben has become an S-Class in his previous Guild and has done a lot of S-Class jobs with 100% success rate."

"If it's not enough, then I'll tell you that he has been chosen as a Wizard Saint candidate, but he refused it. If someone at Wizard Saint-level joins the exam, don't you think that it will be unfair? Furthermore, in the last 4 weeks, he has finished 95 quests by himself. It's a lot more than any one of you and he only takes A & B-Class quests. I think those are enough, right?" asks Makarov.

Ben looks at the others and thinks that someone might disagree. But none of them protest and they even get happy because someone from their Guild was chosen as a Wizard Saint candidate. Just that alone is enough to make him an S-Class Mage.

"Well Ben, you don't need to take so many jobs actually. I've decided to promote you to be an S-Class since you were chosen as a Wizard Saint candidate," says Makarov.

"Eh? Then why-?" asks Ben before Makarov chimes in.

"Why don't I tell you anything? Well, you looked very excited to take jobs after we returned from the Council. I couldn't possibly cut off your excitement, right? So I let you do what you wanted. Besides, it's a Mage's job to take quests, so I shouldn't stop you," says Makarov with an innocent tone.

The 3 S-Classes are holding their laughter because they've known this after the Edolas incident. After all, Makarov has discussed this with them. The other Mages are also holding their laughter now because they know that Makarov is pranking Ben.

Ben has a dark expression and looks down depressedly. He feels betrayed right now and it makes Makarov feel really bad for him. The old man then uses his giant magic to make his hand big & long then he picks Ben to the stage.

On the stage, Ben is lying like a block of dead wood and Mira is trying to cheer him but it doesn't work. Makarov sighs and ignores him then announces the time & place for the exam. It will be held on Tenrou Island a week from now and the participants need to gather on Hargeon Port.

Then Makarov tells the participants that they need to get a partner for the exam. But they can't choose the S-Classes because the 4 S-Classes will be their opponents. It surprises all of them and Ben who hears it suddenly has his colors returned to him.

Ben still looks down with a dark face and asks, "So I will also hinder one of them?"

"That's right," says Makarov.

Ben grins from ear to ear before he laughs sinisterly, "Fufufufu, who thought that the chance for revenge will come soon. You guys looked happy before and laugh at me. Let's see if you still can laugh later in the exam. Don't think that you guys will go through this peacefully. HAHAHA!"

The S-Class exam participants are shivering hard right now because they know Ben wants to vent his anger at them. He can't do it to Makarov, so he will do it to them because they are easier targets. Makarov & the S-Classes are getting stunned by this.

Gildarts suddenly says, "Master, I think you've awakened something inside him."

"Y-Yeah, I hope he won't give them trauma later," says Makarov as he looks at Ben who looks like a demon now.

After the announcement finished and Ben calmed down, Makarov & the S-Classes have a meeting in the Guild Master's office. Well, the meeting is just to tell Ben about what they'll do in the exam. They also tell him that the S-Classes will go to the island today to prepare for the exam.

"I don't want to go there by ship, it will make me puke," says Ben.

"Ah, that's right, you are a Dragon Slayer. Hmm? Wait! Weren't you driving a car before?" asks Gildarts.

"Yeah, I can tolerate car because I love it. That's why I have a proposal. If it's just the 4 of us, why don't we go there in my car?" asks Ben.

"But we'll cross the sea and car can't move on the water," says Erza.

"Don't worry about it, just believe in me," says Ben with a smirk.

"Hmm, fine then, we'll leave it to you. Now, prepare your stuff! We'll depart this night," says Gildarts.

They leave the room and go to prepare their things. Ben meets Wendy & Carla first and tells them to take care of themselves. He gives them some money before he goes home with Bella and prepares their stuff.

While he prepares his stuff, the participants also prepare themselves. Right now, they are looking for a partner for the exam. They also plan to train themselves before the exam starts so they'll be in their best condition.

Before the sunset, all S-Class Mages gather in front of the town's gate. They'll ride Ben's car just like what they've discussed. But before they get on it, Ben locks Gildarts's hands in stone cases that become like stone gloves.

"Uuh, what are these?" asks Gildarts.

"Hand locks made of magic sealing stones. They are to prevent you from using your Crush magic unconsciously. There's no way I'll let you destroy my Light Runner that I've built for months. If you don't want to wear it, then you can walk," says Ben.

Gildarts has fake tears and says, "How cruel. You don't really give me any choice there."

The 4 of them plus Bella then get on the car. Light Runner is 5 seaters, so everyone can sit in the car. Gildarts & Erza are on the back while Mira is in the front with Bella on her lap. Of course, Ben is driving, no one else is allowed to drive his car, he is very petty about this.

They leave Magnolia and Ben drives very fast to Hargeon Port. The other 3 are S-Class Mages, but even they can't handle Ben's fast driving. Their sense of speed can't be compared to Ben who can move very fast with his magic.

"WAIT! WAIT! WAIT! SLOW DOWN, KID! THIS SPEED WILL KILL US," says Gildarts panicky.

"It won't. Don't overreact, old man, this speed is very safe. I've even driven slower than when I was alone. Look, even Bella is very calm," says Ben while pointing at Bella.

The others look at Bella who is sleeping soundly on Mira's lap. She is not affected because she doesn't realize what happens at all. Well, she often sleeps when riding the car because she knows that Ben always drives madly.

But now, he drives even more madly because he wants to take revenge on them for their prank before. The 3 S-Classes now realize this but can't do anything because Ben is the one who holds the steering wheel.

They reach Hargeon Port in just half an hour and they thought it was over now. But Ben just keeps driving to the sea and makes them panic. They fall into the sea but then resurface again as the Light Runner turns into a boat.

But their suffering hasn't finished because their boat ride to Tenrou Island is just as scary as their ride on the land. Ben drives crazily and makes them very scared for their lives. Their suffering only finished after they reached Tenrou Island.

Ben smiles happily as he looks at the amazing island and says, "Such a nice island. Come on, wake up! Since when will you lay on the ground like that?"

The 3 who lay on the ground weakly can't even say anything before they faint.
______________________________________________________________
You can read up to 35+ chapters ahead of this fanfic novel & the other one on my Pa_treon page if you are interested.

Voting for this book is highly appreciate.

I've uploaded:
1. Chapter 227 of Fairy Tail: Sun Eater
2. Chapter 238 of Transcended as Lord Buggy

https://www.pa_treon.com/CaptMermain
(the web didn't use _underscore_, it's to avoid censorship)