67. Yeti

Ben is talking with Roubaul in the Guild Hall now about his first S-Class job.

"Your job is to subjugate an S-Class monster that resides on Mt. Jaya's summit. It's an Ice Monster, a Yeti. It has Ice power, so your fire & heat power will be very effective," says Roubaul.

"But the environment is disadvantageous for me," says Ben.

"Yeah, it is the best environment for Ice Mages. Some Ice Mages have taken this job, but no one succeeds because the monster is immune to ice & cold," says Roubaul.

"So only fire & heat that can affect it?" asks Ben.

"Yeah, they're opposite, after all. Other elements might work, but it will be less effective than fire & heat," says Roubaul.

"I guess you're right. This will also be a challenge for me. That place must be colder than winter, so my power will be restricted," says Ben.

Ben thinks about the job & its environment. Cold & snowy place must've affected his magic. But he doesn't know to what extent. So this will be a good test and challenge for him.

"What's the reason for this job? Why should I kill that monster?" asks Ben.

"It has hunted a lot of creatures in the mountain. The creatures there are scarce even before this. Now it gets even more scarce. The Kingdom is worried that it will start to hunt humans in the nearby village. Also, the mountain creatures are the food source for nearby villages," says Roubaul.

"So it's a battle for survival like usual," says Ben.

"It is," confirms Roubaul.

Ben & Bella then prepare everything they need for this job. Wendy & Carla also help them while keeping telling them to be safe. S-Class job is a lot different from normal jobs, so they know it will be very dangerous.

After finishing their preparation, Ben & Bella bid farewell to everyone in the village. Then they leave by riding their car.

On their way to Mt. Jaya, Ben tells Bella to not get involved in the fight. It will be bad if the monster targetting Bella because of her attack. She needs to stay away from the battle and run immediately if something happens.

Bella nods and understands Ben's worry. She knows she won't be able to help and just become a burden if she gets involved. So she will stay away from the battle, like what Ben instructed her.

Ben & Bella then talk casually while going to Mt. Jaya. It takes them 5 hours to reach Mt. Jaya because it's far and the track is difficult. They still need an hour to reach the summit by car.

"Ben, snow!" says Bella excitedly.

"Yeah, you can play after we finish the job, so be patient," says Ben.

"Ok," replies Bella.

Ben finds a flat ground, so he parks the car there. Ben & Bella wear thick fur clothes to protect them from cold. Their clothes are magic items that Roubaul made using a monster fur that Ben killed in the past. It has a heating system to keep them warm.

Then Ben walk with Bella sitting on his head like usual. Ben uses his magic sense to find the monster. Ben keeps searching for half an hour before he hears a loud roar.

Ben gets alerted because he senses the monster is running toward them. It seems the monster has found them before they could find it. Its sense must be very strong to find them easily.

He tells Bella to get away & hide before the monster arrives. Bella nods and flies away to hide behind a tree. Ben gets ready to fight the monster that most likely is their target.