106. Sun Demon

"The corpse of Sun Demon," says Ben with a shaky voice as he read the writings on the stone table.

The writings on the stone table explain that the corpse of Sun Demon is lying inside the coffin. It is explained that this demon is the only one of its kind who held the power of the Sun. It's the same as Escanor, the only Dragon who held the power of Sun.

The Sun Demon goes by the name of Midas and he was also known as 'The Dark Sun'. The epithet didn't mean that his sun power is dark, but it's because of his evil personality. Midas was known to be very evil and has killed millions of lives.

He was born 800 years ago in the era of Dragons. Nothing was feared by Midas, even the powerful Dragons. He has killed many Dragons too, showing that he is a very strong individual.

Like other strong demons, Midas has some appearances. But the most famous was his human & full demon appearances. As a human, Midas became a tall & muscular man with blonde hair.

(a.n: Just think of it as Meliodas with Estarossa's body.)

While as a demon, he became even taller & bigger at 3 meters in height. His skin is black with long blonde hair growing on his head down to his hips that lit up with a red fire on its ends. He also has a pair of wings made of golden fire. Golden fire also lit up on his chest, hands, and feet.

Midas didn't side with anyone, even his kind. He is a lone wolf that doesn't care about anyone and only cares about fighting. He wasn't someone who like killing others, he just like battling to the death, a battle maniac.

For many years, Midas challenged many strong individuals. Dragons, human mages, demons, beasts, and other strong creatures. He had many losses, but he won more often.

If he won, he would kill his opponents, but if he lost, he would escape. Midas likes to win and kill his opponent, but he doesn't want to die. If he dies, he won't be able to fight again.

That made the Dragons mocked him as a coward, but he never cared about it. Dragons are always putting their pride before their lives. But Midas is a demon, a being who doesn't care about pride. Life is more important for him.

Still, even though he loved his life, Midas also made mistakes that endanger his life. One of those mistakes is very fatal and it was the one that cost him his life. 500 years ago, he challenged the one and only, Escanor, the Sun Dragon.

"Oh, it's the first time I find a record about Escanor that doesn't come from AI Chip," says Ben excitedly.

Midas has known about Escanor since he was born. Escanor was always his target and goal. He trained hard and fought many strong opponents to get stronger because he wanted to defeat Escanor.

500 years ago, he thought he was strong enough to defeat Escanor. So he went to challenge the Ancient Dragon God. Escanor accepted it and they fought for 3 days and 3 nights without any rest on an island.

Their battle created a lot of destruction and erased the island from the map forever. They seem to be equal in those 3 days, but then it changed. Escanor never used his full power from the beginning, while Midas was always serious.

After 3 days of battle, Escanor decides to finish it and used his full power. Midas got pushed and finally, he was killed after struggling for hours.

He could escape, but he choose to stay. It was the first time he choose to fight to his last breath. If he runs away in that fight, then he won't have any goal again in life, and that is worse than death.

Escanor knows it and he respects Midas' choice to fight until his death. So Escanor built this grave to honor Midas as the same Sun Power holder. The writings on the tablet were also written by Escanor, so Ben gets even more shocked now.

"Wait! It's a grave, right? But why isn't the coffin buried underground?" ponders Ben.

This coffin was actually buried under the stone table, but someone has taken it out and put it on the stone table. But the grave has a defense mechanism that was made by Escanor himself to avoid anyone misusing Midas' corpse.

If the coffin was taken out for any reason, the defense mechanism will get triggered. That defense mechanism was the one that burnt this Dark Valley. It killed whoever it was who took out the coffin.

Ben doesn't know that because there's no record about it here. He has searched through the skeletons here but doesn't find any clue. It's not a big deal though, so he leaves it and focuses on the coffin again.

"So, what should I do now?" asks Ben while scratching the back of his head.

There's nothing that tells him of what he needs to do. He walks around the stone table & coffin to find any clue but doesn't find anything.

"It seems the only way is to open the coffin and see the inside. I hope there's no other defense mechanism that will be triggered when I open the lid," says Ben warily.

Ben braces himself and approaches the coffin closely. He takes a deep breath and prepares himself before opening the lid. Then after he opens the lid, he hears a cracking sound from the coffin.

"Fuck!" says Ben with a panic tone.

Golden fire suddenly comes out of the coffin and engulfs a very wide area around the coffin. Ben gets pushed a few meters back and rolls on the ground. He is inside the golden fire that is shaped like a giant dome if looked at from outside.

"ARGH! IT'S HOT!" shouts Ben with a pained tone.

It is very surprising to see Ben suffers from the heat. This can only mean that the golden fire's heat is higher than his body's tolerance which is very high already. Other people will die immediately, but Ben still can hold on.

Ben covers his body with his own golden fire by entering his Sun Mode. It reduces the damage that he gets, but it still feels hot. His clothes that have high heat resistance have given up and they are burnt to ashes.

But suddenly, a moment after Ben activated his Sun Mode, something changes. His body suddenly gets used to the heat of the surrounding golden fire. He also feels his golden fire gets strengthened in every aspect.

Ben doesn't know what happens and he gets speechless when the surrounding golden fire is absorbed by his golden fire. They fuse and Ben's golden fire keeps getting strengthened.

"What the hell happened?" asks Ben with a dumbfounded expression.

[Detecting similarity of host's fire and the other fire. The similarity in every aspect reaches 99,9%.
Conclusion: It is Sun Dragon Escanor's fire that he saved here as a defense mechanism.]

"WHAT?! REALLY?!" says Ben in surprise.

AI Chip confirms it and it makes Ben very happy & excited. He can't see Escanor himself, but at least he can see & feel a glimpse of Escanor's power now. Not only that, but he also gets his power strengthened by Escanor's fire.

"Even if I won't get anything else after this, I will be very satisfied already. I can feel that all my magic has been strengthened," says Ben excitedly.

Ben can feel that his heat limit has raised from 4000 Celcius to 5000 Celsius. It's getting closer to Sun's surface temperature, which is around 5500 to 6000 Celsius.

He leaves his excitement for now and approaches the coffin once again. Ben looks inside the coffin and sees Midas' corpse. Midas was in his human form when he died, so he's not too big.

"Hmm, what should I do now?" ponders Ben.

[Suggestion: Eat him so you can get his power.]

Ben paused when he hears that before saying, "Huh? What the fuck are you talking about?"
______________________________________________________________
You can read up to 30+ chapters ahead of this fanfic novel & the other one on my Pa_treon page if you are interested.

I've uploaded:
1. Chapter 136 of Fairy Tail: Sun Eater
2. Chapter 147 of Transcended as Lord Buggy

https://www.pa_treon.com/CaptMermain
(the web didn't use _underscore_, it's to avoid censorship)