168. Goodbye

The Alliance Mages arrived at Cait Shelter in a few minutes. Everyone except Ben was riding Christina that has been fixed. While Ben rodes Light Runner because he wanted to be alone for a moment.

In the village, the Mages are choosing new clothes to replace their torn-up ones. The villagers help them choose from their village's collections. Fabric is one of their specialties, so they are proud of their clothes.

Ben is looking at this with a very sad expression. He will be very happy to have visitors in their village if it's a normal day. But he has known the truth and now he can't see things the same as before.

After everyone gets new clothes, they have dinner together before they sleep. They all are tired and need to sleep even if it's just for a few hours because this is already 2 AM. The others are sleeping peacefully, except for Ben who can't even get sleepy.

There are a lot of things in his mind that prevents him from sleeping. He has destroyed Nirvana, so Roubaul can finally leave this world peacefully. It is a good thing, but not an easy thing to accept.

Soon, morning come and they have breakfast together again. Ben's mood is getting worse because the time keeps coming closer. Then finally, the other Guilds Mages are preparing to leave.

"Everyone, I need to thank you for what you've done. I also want to apologize for hiding the fact about Nirvana and us," says Roubaul to them because they've heard that the villagers are Nirvits' descendants.

"We don't mind it at all," says Natsu.

"I don't mind it too, Master," says Wendy.

"Thank you, but I apologize for hiding the truth that I will reveal now. We are not the Nirvits' descendants, we are the Nirvit tribe itself. And the one who created Nirvana 400 years ago was me," says Roubaul.

"WHAT!?" says everyone in surprise.

Ben just closes his eyes and clenches his fists silently. Roubaul then tells them the story that he has told Ben before. He tells them the story of Nirvana and then the story of this Guild which was made because of Wendy.

Everyone is very surprised to know that every villager is just an illusion. It is such a high-leveled illusion that can even fool Ben for years. So of course, none of them can realize that the villagers are illusions, even Jura.

Wendy, Bella, & Carla then start to cry when Roubaul made the villagers one by one. The girls beg for them to not disappear and stay there. This sight makes the others very sad and heartbroken.

Finally, the only one left there is Roubaul who will also leave soon. Then suddenly, Ben is standing in front of the old man with a smile, no tear flows from his eyes. Without saying anything, he kneels in front of the old man and places his head on the ground.

"Gramps, thank you for everything that you've done for us in these 7 years. I'm sorry have caused a lot of trouble and often fight with you for petty reasons. But even if we fight a lot, please know that I never hate you. You are our parent, our grandfather, so we are forever grateful to you and will always love you. Now, you can rest peacefully. Don't worry about us, we will be fine by ourselves. I promise I will always protect my sisters. I will even destroy the world to protect them," says Ben firmly.

Roubaul smiles and says, "Thank you, Ben-boy. I leave them to you."

Ben then raises his head and body to be in a sitting position. He smiles while looking at Roubaul as the old man starts to disappear while smiling too. Wendy, Bella, and Carla can't smile like him though because this is too sudden for them. They cry beside Ben as Roubaul finally disappeared.

Ben hugs his sisters while smiling warmly and telling them that everything will be fine. Their Cait Shelter Guild Marks slowly disappear as they hug each other. Without Roubaul here, there isn't Magic Guild Cait Shelter anymore.

After half an hour, the girls finally calm down a little although they are still sniffing. Ben stays with them until they finally can accept it. Mira and Erza finally approach them now because they've calmed down.

"Mira, Erza, I'm sorry but can you take care of them for a moment? There's something that I need to do," says Ben.

Mira & Erza nod as Ben stands up and leaves his sisters in the 2's care. Then he walks slowly to the forest. Gray tries to calls him, but Jura stops Gray and shakes his head.

Ben walks deeper and deeper into the forest until he reaches quite far from the village. Then he stops and leans his back on a tree. He looks sadly at his forearm that doesn't have a Guild Mark again.

Suddenly, his head is pulled forward by someone and lands between soft & warm cushions. Mira has chased him and now hugs his head on her chest. She rubs his head softly while smiling warmly.

"It's okay, no one else will hear you here, your sisters won't hear you. You are allowed to cry too just like them. There's no need to be strong again, there's only you and me here. So cry," says Mira warmly.

Tears finally flow out of Ben's eyes. He cries while hugging Mira who keeps rubbing the back of his head. He has held his tears before because he wanted to part with Roubaul while smiling and he needs to be strong for his sisters.

But he is still human and has feelings. Losing his loved ones is not something that he can take easily. He has lost his blood family in his past life, now he lost people who he sees as family.

At the very least, he doesn't lose his sister or he will really break down. He doesn't know what he'll do if that really happens. Maybe he will lose his rationality and stop being human.

Ben cries for a few minutes before stopping and preparing to go back. He can cry, but he won't cry for too long. He has released his emotion, so now he needs to move forward and face the future.

"Are you okay, now?" asks Mira.

"Yeah, thanks Mira," says Ben.

"Don't mind it. We've promised to always support each other and be there when needed," says Mira.

Ben smiles and kisses Mira before they return to the village. He has thought of what he & his sisters will do after this. But he will ask their opinions before doing it.

Sometime later, Ben & Mira arrive in the village. They see everyone has waited for them, including Wendy & the cats. Ben then tells his sisters to pack their things because they will leave the village. They can't stay here anymore without anyone besides them.

"Where will we go, Ben nii-san? Erza-san offered me to join Fairy Tail just now. But I will follow your decision," says Wendy while they pack their things.

"Fairy Tal, huh? What do you think about it?" asks Ben.

"I think it's nice. We know a few people from there. Also, I know more about Fairy Tail than other Guilds. So I feel safer to join it rather than the other Guilds," says Wendy.

"Then we will join Fairy Tail," says Ben.

"Eh? Really?" asks Wendy.

"Yeah, we know more about Fairy Tail and our Guild was close with them. Putting aside my relationship with Mira, Master Makarov from Fairy Tail was Gramps' friend and has helped us many times in the past, Gramps told me that. Also, our jobs were actually taken through Fairy Tail because our Guild was fake. So it can be said that we are their indirect members," says Ben.

"I never know that," says Wendy.

"Even I have known it yesterday before doing the job. Anyway, are you all agree with this?" asks Ben.

The girls nod, so they agree with this. They will join Fairy Tail.
______________________________________________________________
You can read up to 35+ chapters ahead of this fanfic novel & the other one on my Pa_treon page if you are interested.

Clicking that power stone/like also seem to be a good choice, hehe.

I've uploaded:
1. Chapter 203 of Fairy Tail: Sun Eater
2. Chapter 214 of Transcended as Lord Buggy

https://www.pa_treon.com/CaptMermain
(the web didn't use _underscore_, it's to avoid censorship)