149. Jupiter Cannon

Ben is impressed by Phantom Lord's walking castle. It's really impressive, but this is not the right time, so Mira scolds him. She tells him to get ready for battle before she leaves to warn her Guildmates.

After getting scolded, Ben leaves in the castle's direction and gets ready for any confrontation. Phantom Lord must have brought their building here for something. His suspicion is proved when a very large and long cannon appeared from the castle and aimed at the Fairy Tail building.

The Fairy Tail Mages are panicking, but Mira manages to calm them. Then she goes to the front line with Erza. They are the only S-Class Mages left in the guild, so they have a responsibility to protect their comrades.

Erza immediately uses her Requip and changes her armor into Adamantine Armor. While Mira now transforms into Satan Soul: Halphas. They are getting ready to intercept Phantom Lord's Magical Convergent Cannon: Jupiter.

This cannon is known for its immense destructive power. It is a very powerful weapon that shoots a very strong compressed energy beam. If this cannon is activated, it will destroy the Fairy Tail building and even Magnolia.

They can't let that happen, so Mira & Erza will stop the cannon. The cannon is getting charged and they are standing between it & their guild building. They prepared themselves to block the powerful attack.

*PSHEW*

Phantom Lord finally shoots their Jupiter cannon toward Fairy Tail. Erza stands in the front with her shields ready to block the dark beam. Mira is preparing her spell to counter the dark beam and reduce its power.

But before the beam reaches them, golden light flashes beside them. It is Ben who has his whole body covered in golden flame. He stands in front of the 2 girls and gets into a stance. He extends his hands to the front with his palms open.

A big golden magic circle appears on his hands and he says, "Dragon Slayer's Secret Art! Energy Release: Solar Flare!"

Ben shoots a big gold beam toward the incoming dark beam from Jupiter Cannon.

"Wait! That's too low," says Erza in realization when seeing Ben's aim is lower than Jupiter's beam.

"Don't worry, he knows what he's doing," says Mira.

*PSHEW* *BOOM*

Ben's attack hit Jupiter's beam's lower side just like what Erza thought. But that's what Ben aimed because now Jupiter's beam is redirected upwards. It moves to the sky and hits nothing but air.

Countering the beam frontally will need more energy rather than redirecting it. If he can stop it with less effort, then Ben will choose that option. What they need to worry about isn't just Jupiter's beam, after all. So saving energy is important.

Jupiter's beam finally ends after a few seconds and Ben also stops his spell. Erza finally realized why Ben aimed the beam's lower side. Mira has realized it from the beginning though, that's why she is very calm.

Before Mira & Erza can say anything, Ben disappears using his teleportation. Many Fairy Tail Mages are coming to their position, so he decides to hide again. It's not like he doesn't want to meet them, but they'll surely ask him many things to him, and he wants to avoid that.

Just like what he predicted, they ask Erza & Mira about him. They want to know who he is because they couldn't see him clearly. Erza who gets troubled by their questions finally gets angry and tells them to stop.

"We still have enemies to fight, so just focus on it now," says Erza strictly.

"That's right, you just need to know that he is here to help us," says Mira while smiling.