140. Brats

After deciding that he will let Deliora gets unsealed and fight the Etherious, Ben goes to prepare a few things. He has sensed Deliora's power and that Demon is strong, so he needs some preparations.

Ben finished his preparations before morning and he's ready to fight Deliora tonight. The only problem is those people who try to unseal Deliora. But he will leave them to the Fairy Tail Mages, he will focus on Deliora.

He wants to train at the day like what he usually did, but he needs to hide so he can't do it. His hiding place is a small cave located a few hundred meters from the temple. It's not too far or close, so it's a perfect hiding location.

To kill time, Ben read the magic books that he has scanned in the library. There are a lot of them, so he'll be able to read for a few hours. It'll also help him understand the magic more thoroughly.

Just when he's about to read the first scanned book, he gets a message. It's from the Lazy Clone that he sent to stalk the masked man, Zalty. The clone sends a surprising message to Ben and he grins after receiving it.

"A council member, huh? This will be interesting," says Ben.

Ben makes another clone and Lust Clone comes out. He gives the clone a lacrima crystal ball and the clone nods in understanding before leaving.

"This will be a good weapon to be used against the council in the future. Corruption is everywhere, even in Magic World," says Ben before he starts to read.

Time passed and night finally came. Ben goes to the temple and enters it stealthily to not alert anyone. Inside the room where Deliora is kept, Ben sees the Fairy Tail Mages & the enemies have finally met.

'Titania is still not here? Does she get lost or something?' ponders Ben.

Ben ignores it and eavesdrops on the Mages' conversations. Now he finally knows their names that he doesn't bother to learn before. It's not like he needs to know their name, after all.

The pink-haired Dragon Slayer is Natsu, the black-haired guy is Gray, the blonde girl is Lucy, and the blue cat is Happy. As for the enemies, the helmet man who has opened his helmet is Lyon, the dark pink-haired girl is Sherry, the short guy is Yuka, the dog-eared guy is Tobi, and the masked man is Zalty.

Ben hears their conversation and now knows why Lyon's group takes Deliora here. They are the victims of Deliora's brutality in the past and want to kill the demon. They believed that Lyon can kill this thing after releasing it.

On the other hand, Gray can't let that happen as he believes no one can kill Deliora. Even his & Lyon's teacher, who is the same person, couldn't do that and needed to use Iced Shell. He is filled with guilt because he was the reason why their teacher, Ul, sacrifice her life.

Ben watches in amusement as both pupils start to have a debate. On one side, Gray is very pessimistic and filled with guilt. On another side, Lyon is too arrogant and overconfident that he can kill Deliora & surpass Ul.

'They're just brats,' thinks Ben.

Both sides want to start fighting, but suddenly they hear a loud cracking sound. Everyone looks at the source, which is the Iced Shell. A big crack is formed on the top and it spread everywhere.

"Finally! You can't stop it now, Gray!" says Lyon.

"I can," says Gray as he extends his hands and crosses them.

"Iced Shell? Hah, you're bluffing," says Lyon.

Lyon thought Gray is bluffing about using Iced Shell to scare him. But then a magic circle appears below Gray, showing that he is serious to use Iced Shell.