74. Limitation

After he leaves Magnolia, Ben goes to National Fiore Council Branch. It is located near Capital Crocus and about 4 to 5 hours by car from Magnolia. Ben will report his finding of the anomaly on Fiore's sky.

Bella is sleeping peacefully on her seat after she drank her milk. She didn't do much today, but what happened has made her tired.

They arrive at the Branch's location after 4 hours. Ben immediately goes inside after waking Bella up. They pass the securities easily after showing their job letter.

Ben & Bella then go to an office where they will report their finding. Unsurprisingly, the one in the office is Geld, the one who always took care of Ben's business with Magic Council.

"Sigh, you again," says Ben with a defeated expression. Even Bella sighs too and shakes her head before sleeping again on Ben's head.

"Haha, indeed, it's me again," says Geld nonchalantly.

"Whatever, I'm here to report what I found in my job," says Ben.

Geld nods and Ben starts to tell Geld what he found before. Geld notes everything that Ben tells him without interrupting. Only after Ben finished, that Geld starts to ask some questions.

Ben answers Geld's questions based on what he found. But Ben doesn't say anything about Lisanna's condition. His job is just to investigate the anomaly with the Ethernano on Fiore's sky.

"Alright, thanks for your report. It gives us more details than the other investigations that we've done so far," says Geld while closing his notebook.

"I don't think I found a lot though," says Ben while raising an eyebrow.

"No, it's a lot. So far, our investigations only found that the Ethernano in the sky reduced mysteriously. We never know that it gets absorbed by something and it even absorbs Magic Power from spells or living beings," says Geld.

Ben tilts his head and says, "You guys are very bad at investigating, aren't you? This thing has happened for some time, but you only found that. I am worried about Ishgar's Magic World now."

Geld feels his heart is getting stabbed a few times because of Ben's words. His head plopped on the table and he says, "Please spare us, we have a lot of things to handle here."

"Yeah, yeah, I'm sure you do. Now, my job is done, so I will take my leave," says Ben while turning around to leave.

"Alright, thanks for your help. Your reward will be transferred to your bank account like usual," says Geld.

Ben just waves his hand as he leaves the room. He leaves the Branch immediately after that. Ben doesn't like to be in this place for too long and just wants to go home.

Ben puts Bella on her seat before he drives away from the Branch. It's evening already, so he needs to drive carefully because of the dark road.

On their way back, Ben thinks about the strange phenomena that happened before. He know the Ethernano in the sky was being sucked, but by what or who?

He thinks of many possibilities, but can't find an answer. Even AI Chip can't find anything with all information that it has in its database.

"My knowledge is still not enough. I need to gather more knowledge. This thing doesn't seem big now, but it might lead to disaster in the future. The scariest thing isn't death, it's the unknown," says Ben seriously.

Ben has died once, so he's not afraid of it at all. But the unknown always pose danger to him and what he wants to protect. If he doesn't know what he'll face, then he won't know how to fight it.