112. Another Task

For the next 6 months, Ben keeps training his Sun Devil Slayer Magic. Of course, he still trains his Dragon Slayer Magic occasionally. He doesn't take any job in these 6 months to focus on his training.

It makes his sisters happy because they can play and train with him more often. They also have some vacations in these 6 months. Mira & Elfman joined them sometimes, but they never interact with other Fairy Tail Mages because there's no need to.

Currently, Ben can use most of his Dragon Slayer spells for his Devil Slayer Magic. He just needs to change the magic power that he used. The only exceptions are for advanced spells that are very difficult to use.

Some advanced spells like Secret Arts can't be used yet using Devil Slayer Magic. Even medium-level spells like transformation modes are also quite difficult to use. He can use the transformation modes, but they're still weak and imperfect.

His Sun Devil Slayer Magic mastery is very good already for someone who has just trained it for 6 months. This also makes his time limit for stopping his body's growth reduced to 2 years. So now he can grow normally again at 17 y.o, not 18 like before.

"I think it's enough for now. 6 months won't be enough to learn everything, so this is a very good result already. Now let's move to the next step, Curse," says Ben after training.

Ben goes to the Guild building to meet with Roubaul. He will learn the Curse together with the old man. It is a dangerous art with unknown risk, so he needs Roubaul's supervise.

"I will ask again. Are you sure about this?" asks Roubaul.

"No matter how many times you asked, my answer is still the same. I will learn this Curse power," says Ben.

"Sigh, you have Devil Slayer Magic and now you want to learn Curse. I hope you don't turn into a demon yourself," says Roubaul.

"That won't happen. At least my Dragon Seed won't allow that to happen," says Ben.

"That better be the case," says Roubaul.

Ben then opens the first book and reads it with Roubaul's help. AI Chip scans and records as Ben reads the book. This will help Ben remembers the book's content and also learn the old language at the same time.

These books just contain the basics of Curse Power. There's no Curse type or spell at all in these books. They just explained how Curse worked and made to its details. But this doesn't make Ben disappointed, he gets very excited instead.

"The method to make Curse and explanations of how it works, perfect. This will be a difficult thing to do, but this also means that I can make my own Curse. There's no need to worry about having different types of power than what I used before. I can make my own Sun Curse," says Ben excitedly.

"Good for you isn't it? You always like to do things your way, so this is perfect. I'm sure if there is a type of Curse in these books, you won't use it and still make your own Curse," says Roubaul.

"I will use it if I like it, you know. Maybe if it has the power like one of my elements. I don't want to use other types of elements for now because it will take time to learn them," says Ben.

Ben has learned a lot of magic types, but he always used his Dragon Slayer Magic in these 5 years. Well, he used some other magic like Requip because it is convenient. But mostly, he used his Dragon Slayer Magic.

The reason is training too many types of magic will only slow his progress. He just used those magic as references to make new spells and strengthen his magic.

Also, he just likes to learn new magic even though he won't use it. It will also help him if he faces enemies who use the magic that he knows. He will know his enemies' strengths and weaknesses easily.

Ben learns the Books of Curse for a week to fully understand them. He also tasked AI Chip to simulate some of his spells if used with Curse Power. Just like what he thought, it is very difficult and complicated.

"Don't rush it. Take your time and learn it slowly. It's not like you have a deadline to master this Curse power. You better focus on your Slayers Magic for now and think about the Curse once in a while. Mastering the Devil Slayer Magic to a high level is more important for you right now," says Roubaul.

"Sigh, you're right. I always said that learning too much at a time will just slow the progress. But now I am doing just that," says Ben while sighing.

"It's good that you finally realize it. Then you are free now, right?" asks Roubaul.

"Yeah, I guess so," says Ben.

"Let's talk privately," says Roubaul with a solemn expression.

"Hmm? What's wrong, Gramps? You are rather strange today. Are you sick?" asks Ben worriedly.

"I'm fine, just follow me," says Roubaul.

Ben frowns but still follows Roubaul to the Guild building. The old man tells everyone to leave before sitting on his couch. Ben sits in front of Roubaul and waits for everyone to leave.

"So, what do you want to talk about?" asks Ben.

"I have a task for you. This is not a difficult task but will take a long time to finish. The good thing is, this will go in line with your dream," says Roubaul.

"What is it?" asks Ben.

"I want you to explore the whole Fiore and find the Magic Library. Your task in the library is to learn everything you want there. It's what you always wanted, right?" asks Roubaul.

"Yeah, it is. But why are you suddenly asking me about it and giving me this task?" asks Ben.

"Because I am worried about you. You have a big problem like your Dragon Seed, but you never have time to focus on solving that problem. I'm afraid that it will be too late if you don't start to focus on it now. You need to do it now while you have 2 things to stop your Dragon Seed currently," says Roubaul.

Ben widens his eyes a little because Roubaul is right. This is the best time for him to focus on solving his problem. Magic Library might contain the best solution except for sealing Acnologia in his body.

Even if he doesn't find another solution, learning the magic collections in Magic Library will help him grow a lot stronger. This journey is what he really needed right now. Not only he can explore Fiore, but he can also train and learn magic in that legendary Library.

Still, Ben thinks that it's not the whole reason for Roubaul to give him this task. He feels that the old man hides something, but he doesn't know what is it. It makes him remember when the old man refused his ex-students from joining their Guild.

"What about the girls?" asks Ben.

"You can only go with Bella like usual. I will train Wendy & Carla while you aren't here," says Roubaul.

"Alright," says Ben.

"Also, you need to return before you turn 17, no matter what," says Roubaul.

It gets even more strange for Ben, but he just nods and agrees with the old man. Just what is Roubaul's real reason?

______________________________________________________________
You can read up to 30+ chapters ahead of this fanfic novel & the other one on my Pa_treon page if you are interested.

I've uploaded:
1. Chapter 142 of Fairy Tail: Sun Eater
2. Chapter 153 of Transcended as Lord Buggy

https://www.pa_treon.com/CaptMermain
(the web didn't use _underscore_, it's to avoid censorship)