118. Last Days

"As you know, I've lived for hundreds of years. It's a long time to live for any creature. Not every demon can live past 100 years, just like humans. But I can live up to this age because I am a high-ranked demon," says Morgbitt.

"So you think that you will die soon?" asks Ben.

"It's not an assumption, it's a fact. You might not know that a magical creature like a demon can feel when their time is near. That sense will get stronger for a high-ranked creature or a strong mage. You will know it when you're old because you are strong, even for your age. You still can grow and will keep getting stronger. So you will understand it in the future," says Morgbitt.

"But you won't know the exact time, right? After all, it's just a feeling," says Ben.

"It will be better if that's the case. Too bad that I know exactly when I will die of old age. A high-ranked demon like me has " says Morgbitt.

"When?" asks Ben seriously.

"13 days, that's my time limit. So I have a selfish request for you," says Morgbitt.

Ben nods and Morgbitt says, "Can you stay until that time and bury me beside Audrey's grave. That's the only thing that I can hope for. You can take everything here as payment."

"I will still do it even without payment, you know. We might've just known each other for 3 days now, but you are my first demon friend. So I will fulfill your final wish. Besides, it will take time to explore this whole area. So 13 days is not a long time," says Ben.

Morgbitt widens his eyes a little when Ben said that they are friends. He never thinks that Ben will see him like that because he is a demon while Ben is a human. Their kinds are always at odds and have killed each other for ages, so it's very surprising that Ben sees him as a friend.

"You sure are a strange human kid," says Morgbitt while smiling.

"I don't judge someone from their race or species, but by their attitude toward me. Just like what you've said to me, not all humans are good, and not all demons are evil. Everyone has a different personality and I can't judge everyone to be the same," says Ben.

Morgbitt smiles and says, "You will be a great mage, kid."

After that, they leave the cave and resume their exploration. Ben doesn't take the magic items for now and focuses on the exploration. While Bella takes a ring and puts it on her tail because it's too big for her finger.

The ring is made of rainbow-colored crystals. It is shaped like a plain ring but has an eagle carving on it. The ring has a usage to reduce the user's weight so it's very suitable for Bella and will help her fly easier.

They explore the mountains one by one with Morgbitt's guidance. There are many interesting spots but there's no treasure to take. Ben also fights with some strong wild creatures that they encounter on their way.

Morgbitt is very impressed at Ben's strength and magic. Ben always used his Devil Slayer Magic in front of Morgbitt. He doesn't want to shock the old demon by showing his Dragon Slayer Magic.

The Sun Devil Slayer Magic is enough to impress Morgbitt. And as an old demon, Morgbitt knows that there's only one demon who has the Sun Magic in history. But he doesn't ask Ben on how Ben got his Devil Slayer Magic.

Everyone has their secret and Morgbitt doesn't want to ask it because it will ruin their friendship. Besides, he doesn't really care about it and just wants to enjoy his last days. There's no need to think about difficult things when he's about to die.

Ben also introduces Morgbitt to Wendy & Carla when he calls them. Both of them are afraid at first, but then they get along well because Morgbitt is very friendly. It's a good result because Ben wants to teach them that they can't judge a book by its cover.