37. Last Resort

Ben is laying on the ground, unmoving at all. His body is full of bruises, bumps, and wounds because of Mreye's tendrils attacks. His right eye is almost shut too because it swells.

But Ben is still conscious, this level of pain is something that he can bear. He has felt something more painful than this in his days as a soldier.

'Dammit, it seems like my left hand's bone and some ribs are broken. I also don't have any MP left, and I can't eat sunlight to replenish it.'-Ben

Ben tries to move his body, but he can't. It feels really hurt to move his body, and the injuries have damaged his muscles too, making him unable to move.

'If only I can replenish my MP, then I can fight again. But there's only moonlight, it's not useful at all. It's just a reflec- !? It's just a reflection of sunlight.'-Ben suddenly widen his eyes

Ben widen his eyes in realization. The moon doesn't create light, it just reflects the sun's light. In another word, it is still sunlight, even if it is a reflection.

'I don't know if this will work, but this is my last resort. I don't have another idea. Let's do it, YOLO!'-Ben grit his teeth

Ben doesn't sure if this will work, but he can only do this. Ben opens his mouth and takes a bite of the moonlight. He feels something in his mouth like when he eat sunlight, so he knows it is possible.

'It works!'-Ben smile excitedly

Ben starts to eat the moonlight, but unlike sunlight that gives a warm sensation, this moonlight feels cold like an iced drink. Ben munch the moonlight and gulp it down, then he feels a little energized.

Ben peek at Mreye who left him and goes toward the black book where it came from. Ben knows this is his chance, so he starts to eat as much moonlight as he can. He knows Mreye will return after taking the black book to kill him, so he needs to be fast.

Ben's MP restored slowly as he eat the moonlight. He finally can't eat more after his MP is restored to 3/4 of his full capacity. He knows that it's because his body condition is bad, so he can't restore it fully.

'It's not the best, but it's enough. I'll destroy that eye bastard in one attack, and pulverize its body & eye. I'll make sure it doesn't regenerate again.'-Ben

Ben will use a big attack that can kill Mreye in one attack. Luckily Mreye's defense is quite low, proved by the previous events when its body & tendrils get destroyed easily by Ben's attacks.

The only problem is its regeneration and its curse. The eye that holds the curse power probably has a stronger defense than other body parts. Ben needs to focus on attacking its eye now.

Ben gets up slowly with his injured body. It feels hurt, but he grits his teeth and forces himself to stand up. He ignores the pain and is finally able to stand up. Ben tries to move his limbs, but he can't move his left hand because of the broken bone.

'At least I can walk and use my right hand.'-Ben

Ben walks toward Mreye slowly while preparing his magic. Mreye is flipping through the black book and reading the pages. But suddenly it stops and laughs maniacally, then it turns around to face Ben.

"HAHAHAHA. I know you will not surrender that easily, I like it this way. Seeing you struggle without any chance to win is more exciting than simply killing you. I will make you suffer and feel despair, I will break that spirit of yours, HAHAHAHA."-Mreye

Ben just stays silent and keeps walking closer to Mreye.

"You know, I like to turn people into stone because of my curse. That was what I did when I get summoned in the past. But now when I see you with such an unyielding & undying spirit, I feel like I need to destroy that spirit first before turning you into stone. That will be a lot more exciting than simply defeating you. Don't you agree?"-Mreye grin