199. Ben vs Hades

Ben is facing Hades now and he knows that Hades is very strong. Hades is the strongest opponent that he ever faced, except Zeref. He can guess that he'll still have a chance against Hades, but Zeref is out of his league currently.

"What's your objective here, Hades?" asks Ben while getting ready with his sword.

"Why don't you guess?" asks Hades back.

"I doubt it has something to do with us. It must be Zeref," says Ben.

"Hoo, so you know it," says Hades while smirking.

"I've met the bastard, so I can guess it. Dark Mages like you are very obsessed with Zeref, after all," says Ben.

Hades has an angry expression and says, "Bastard? How dare you call him like that? You are not worthy."

Ben smirks seeing Hades angry because of someone like Zeref. Most Dark Mages have this strange obsession for Zeref since hundreds of years ago. It seems Hades also has an obsession for Zeref like the others.

Hades suddenly extends his right arm and a big magic circle appears in front of him. Then 2 chains come out of the magic circle and shot at Ben. It is the same spell that Hades used against Makarov before.

Ben knows the chains are strong because they could fling Makarov in his giant form easily. So Ben chooses to evade the chains by moving to the left. But the chains chase him so he uses his sword to block them.

Seeing Ben can block 2 chains easily, Hades decides to add 2 more chains. It's indeed made blocking harder for Ben but he still can handle them. He uses his light magic on his right hand so he can move it a lot faster.

Of course, this doesn't make Hades happy seeing someone far younger than him handle his attack quite easily. Ben's movements are very fast and Hades can only see them as blurs because they are too fast.

"What kind of movement is that? He is the fastest man that I've ever seen. Not even Speed Magic can boost someone speed's that much. Tch, I never expect this. But I can't let myself being played by a kid," says Hades.

Hades then prepare another magic using his left hand. He shaped his fingers like a pistol and then a small purple energy ball appears in front of his index & middle finger. It is Bullet Magic, a high-leveled one at that because Hades has a high mastery over it.

He shoots multiple bullets at Ben while Ben is busy blocking the chains. Ben clicks his tongue and evades the bullets while still blocking the chains. It is very difficult and he gets pinched by Hades' attacks.

Ben gets overwhelmed and he knows he won't be able to keep doing this. So he changes his strategy and suddenly disappears from his spot. Hades is surprised but then he suddenly ducks to avoid a sword slash from his back.

"What the?! Teleportation?!" says Hades in surprise because Ben suddenly appears behind him.

"Correct," says Ben as he sends a kick with his left foot.

Hades blocks the kick but he gets fling quite fast to the back. He can stabilize himself and land on the ground. But his hands feel sore because he didn't fully cover his hands with magic, so the damage is quite big.

"Such power, it's truly a waste that I didn't find you first. But it's not too late now. So why don't you leave Fairy Tail and join me, kid? You will get stronger if you follow me rather than Makarov," says Hades.

"Hah, your humor is really bad, old man. I can get this strong by myself, so why do I need your help. You & the Magic Council are really full of yourself and think you can make me reach my full potential. I can always reach it myself. What you can help is just make me reach it faster. So your help isn't that necessary," says Ben while smirking.