148. Lazy Lucy

After the 2 Phantom Lord Mages left with his 'Lucy' clone, Ben takes the real Lucy to Fairy Tail Guild building stealthily. He puts her on a table and goes back to the rooftop again. Maybe there will be another attack from Phantom Lord, so he needs to stay vigilant.

Meanwhile, the Fairy Tail Mages have reached Phantom Lord base in Oak Town. They barge in and attack the enemy Mages there. The war has started and both sides clash frontally.

Makarov leaves the Phantom Lord's members to his Mages and goes to find Jose, Phantom Lord's Guild Master. He walks to the 2nd floor in rage while showing his massive Magic Power that's even higher than Ben's current Magic Power. This old man became one of the 10 Wizard Saints for a reason.

As he walks, Makarov's magic power breaks the floor, wall, windows, everything around him. His rage can be felt by the Mages on the first floor, including the Phantom Lord Mages. But none of them have time to worry about it and focus on fighting Fairy Tail Mages.

Makarov finally reaches Jose's room and asks the latter about his reason for attacking Fairy Tail. Jose doesn't give a clear answer and makes Makarov angry. So the short old man uses his magic to enlarge his hand and punches Jose.

But Jose is using Thought Projection, so Makarov's punch doesn't injure him at all because he is just a hologram. It makes Makarov angry, but then he is shocked when Jose projects the captured 'Lucy'.

However, his shock turns into confusion as 'Lucy' is laying lazily as if nothing is wrong. Jose also realizes it and he gets confused too. 'Lucy' rips the rope that tied her hands easily and starts to pick her nose.

"Hey, how long should I wait like this? This is very boring. Why should I act like a damsel in distress? Sigh, at least give me some snacks," says 'Lucy'.

Her words make Jose & Makarov sweatdrop because it's like she doesn't understand the situation. This 'Lucy' is Ben's Lazy clone, so she is very lazy even when she doesn't need to do anything now.

Makarov realizes something is wrong and remembers that Ben is guarding the town. He thinks fast and knows that this must be Ben's doing. Although he doesn't know exactly what Ben did, he knows that this Lucy is not the real one.

"It seems you kidnap the wrong person, Jose," says Makarov.

"DAMN, ARE YOU REALLY LUCY HEARTFILIA?" asks Jose angrily.

'Lucy' doesn't say anything and just flicks her bogger at Jose, making him angry. Jose punches 'Lucy' and she dodges it by rolling to the side, she's too lazy to get up.

"Such a sissy punch," says 'Lucy' lazily to mock Jose.

Jose gets even angrier and shouts, "GRRAAH! ARIA!"

Suddenly, a big & tall man that wears a blindfold appears behind Makarov. The old man who is distracted by the show gets caught off guard. The man, Aria, has made a magic circle on each of his hands and aimed it at Makarov.

"Metsu!" says Aria.

After Aria said that, Makarov suddenly gets his Magic Power drained from his body rapidly. It makes him unable to do anything and finally gets his Magic Power drained completely.

Aria's spell heavily damaged the old man because of his massive Magic Power. This spell gets stronger if the target's Magic Power is high too. So the damage that Makarov gets is very big.

The unconscious Makarov falls to the first floor and it makes the Fairy Tail Mages surprised. They decide to retreat because their Guild Master's safety is more important. The war with Phantom Lord can wait until their Master recover.

Meanwhile, in Phantom Lord's headquarters located somewhere else, Jose is still angry at 'Lucy' and demands an explanation. But 'Lucy' is still being lazy to do anything, even just to answer Jose's question. The old guy is getting more frustrated and suddenly blabbers about his reason to attack Fairy Tail, which is her.

Lucy's father, Jude Heartfilia has hired Phantom Lord to find his missing daughter. Jose used this request to his advantage and attack Fairy Tail because Lucy is Fairy Tail's member. He used the job as a legal reason to have a war with his Guild's rival.

"Heeh," says 'Lucy' uninterestingly while still picking her nose.

"GRRH, JUST WHO ARE YOU ACTUALLY?" asks Jose angrily.

"Clone," replies 'Lucy' truthfully, still with a lazy tone.

"Huh? Clone?" asks Jose in surprise.

"Yeah, and I think my job is done, so goodbye," says 'Lucy' as she dispels herself.

Jose blinks his eyes in disbelief before he realizes that he is being played. He gets very angry and promises that he will make Fairy Tail pays for this. He'll also find out the Clone user and gets his revenge.

Ben receives the clone's memories and now understands the reason for this war. Although he is quite disappointed at his Lazy clone who doesn't even try to fight with Jose. At least he wants to know a Wizard Saint's power by using his clone to test it.

But well, knowing the reason for this war is good enough, and he has succeeded in pissing Jose. It's a little payback for all the trouble that Jose & his guild made. Now he just needs to wait for the news about Fairy Tail's attack on the enemy's base.

Sometime later, the Fairy Tail Mages finally returned. But Ben frowns when he sees the unconscious Makarov. He can sense that the old man's magic power is very low and knows that it's the reason for his bad condition.

Some Mages then take Makarov to the western forest of Magnolia. Ben knows they want to bring Makarov to that old woman's treehouse. He has gone there in the past after he saved the Strauss siblings, after all.

Mira also joins the group that brings Makarov to the forest. But Ben kidnaps her on the way without anyone's knowledge. It surprises her, but he quickly calms her down to not alert anyone.

"Ben! Don't surprise me like that!" says Mira angrily.

"Sorry, but I can't show myself to them. What happens with your Master?" asks Ben.

Mira stops getting angry and tells Ben what happened before. As the story goes on, Ben realizes that he is also taking part in Makarov's condition. If he didn't disguise his clone as Lucy, then this won't happen.

Ben apologizes to Mira before explaining his little act before. He explains everything, especially his reason and what he got from it. His explanation makes Mira a little pissed, but she knows it's not his fault, and he is not wrong to try finding out the reason for this war.

"Lucy's father, huh? So Phantom Lord used his request to their advantage, very cunning. At least now we know the reason. We need to hide it from Lucy for now or she will feel very guilty," says Mira.

"Do what you think is right. But I think you need to warn that girl to be more cautious. She doesn't have any sense of danger and just walked without any caution before. It's like she doesn't realize that her Guild is in a war with another Guild and she might be put in danger too even though she's in the town. If I wasn't there, she will surely get kidnapped by the enemies," says Ben.

Mira nods and agrees with Ben. They all need to be vigilant in this situation or it might cost them their lives. Lucy is new to this kind of thing, so she is still careless and still doesn't understand many things.

Suddenly, they feel a tremor and hear a very loud voice that makes the birds scared. They try to find the source of the tremor and sound by going up on a tall tree. What they see is really shocking, it's a moving castle.

"That's Phantom Lord's headquarter building. Damn, that's cool. Now I want to make something like that too," says Ben with a very impressed tone.
______________________________________________________________
You can read up to 35+ chapters ahead of this fanfic novel & the other one on my Pa_treon page if you are interested.

Clicking that power stone/like also seem to be a good choice, hehe.

I've uploaded:
1. Chapter 183 of Fairy Tail: Sun Eater
2. Chapter 194 of Transcended as Lord Buggy

https://www.pa_treon.com/CaptMermain
(the web didn't use _underscore_, it's to avoid censorship)