190. Refusing

Just like what Ben thought, the Council wants him to leave Fairy Tail. They don't like Fairy Tail for a long time because the Guild members often caused trouble. That's the case at first, but now some high-ranked officials just hate the guild and can't see it getting stronger.

Now with Ben joining Fairy Tail, they've gotten a lot stronger. Having Gildarts alone is considered cheating because he is one of the most powerful Mages in Ishgar. Previously, they even have Laxus and still have Mira & Erza now which are stronger than most S-Class Mages.

"Leaving the Guild? Sorry, but I won't do it even though you offer me a lot of benefits as a Wizard Saint. I am indebted to Master since I was in my old Guild. He helped us the most at that time and I am not an ungrateful person. You don't want to leave too, right, Bella?" asks Ben to Bella who is lying lazily on his head.

Bella nods and says, "Not leaving."

The Council officials are surprised by it and the Wizard Saints who come from Magic Guilds look at Makarov with envy. It's very rare for a Mage to refuse the position of Wizard Saint because it's very beneficial for them.

Everyone murmurs and then Draculos asks, "Are you sure you want to refuse it, kid? If you become a Wizard Saint, you will get access to many benefits that can make you far stronger than you are now. You might even become the strongest in 20 or 30 years."

Ben smirks hearing that and thinks, '20 years? Hah, I will surpass that God Serena in less than 10 years even if I work on my own. If I become a Wizard Saint, it will be even faster.'

While Ben is thinking like that, the other people are very surprised by what Draculos said. His words imply that Ben can surpass God Serena, after all. That man is very strong and even has 8 types of Dragon Slayer Magic.

But they forget that Ben is still 17 and has been offered to be a Wizard Saint at his age. Draculos is the Magic Council's chairman so surely he has access to everything in the Council. It's easy for him to find Ben's track record and he can judge it from there.

"I reach my current level with every limitation that I have in Cait Shelter. Do you think that I can't do it now when I have better facilities & access to a lot of things? Old man, you underestimate me too much," says Ben while smirking.

A middle-aged man with grey sideburns suddenly gets angry at Ben, "INSOLENCE! How dare you talk like that to the Chairman. Not only he is the Chairman of Magic Council, but also the 2nd rank of Wizard Saint. He's not someone that you can talk with so casually."

"Why are you getting angry? The man himself is very chill about it. I don't know if he breaks a table secretly, though," says Ben.

"You!" the man is still angry, and so are his comrades.

"Enough! Don't get too worked out on something unnecessary. The kid is right, maybe I underestimate him too much. Besides, we can't force someone to be a Wizard Saint. So he can refuse it if he wants," says Draculos.

The others get even more surprised that Draculos admit that he is underestimating Ben. They all think just how high Draculos thinks of Ben's talent. Makarov & Jura who have seen Ben's power has the same opinion as Draculos. Although they are still surprised that Draculos will think of Ben like that.

"Then, kid, will you really refuse this offer?" asks Draculos again.

"Yeah, unless I am allowed to stay in Fairy Tail, then I won't join your ranks," replies Ben seriously.

"Sigh, fine then. Too bad that we can't get a very talented young man in our rank. But I hope you'll still help Ishgar when needed," says Draculos.

"As long as Ishgar doesn't try to harm me & my loved ones, then I will help you if you ask," says Ben.

"Alright, I hope it'll never happen. Then, with this, the meeting has finished with the candidate refusing the Wizard Saint position. Dismiss," says Draculos before he cuts off his virtual connection.

The other Wizard Saints who joined through virtual also cut off their connection. Then the Council officials leave the room while grumbling unhappily. Meanwhile, Jura & Makarov don't leave and approach Ben.

"It's been a long time, Ben," says Jura.

"Yeah, you seem to get a few months older since we last met," says Ben while smirking.

"Is that supposed to be a joke? It sounds like an insult instead. Anyway, you sure are gutsy to refuse such an offer and talk like that with Mr. Draculos," says Jura.

"Just because he is far stronger than me, doesn't mean that I need to be afraid of him. Losing in a fight and doesn't dare to even fight is different, after all. The only thing that I'm scared of is losing my loved ones. Compared to that, even my death is not scary," says Ben.

He has died once, so death doesn't scare him anymore now. But the death of those that he cares about is the only thing that he's scared of. Even now, he is still regretting the fact that he couldn't save his past life's family.

Ben & Makarov talk with Jura for a few minutes while Bella sleeps on Ben's head. Then they leave the room and go out with Geld's guidance again. The man is quite disappointed because Ben refused the Wizard Saint's position but still respects his choice.

Then Ben, Makarov, & Bella return to Magnolia using Light Runner again. But now they use the land route because they aren't in a rush. They pass by a few towns and buy some souvenirs for their guildmates.

When they are going through a mountain road, they even encounter a bandit group. Ben takes care of them fast using his magic revolvers because he doesn't want to waste energy on these guys.

Then he ties them up and puts them on a cart before taking them to the nearby town. He is surprised when the Police give him a lot of money as a reward and even give him a job completion letter when they know he is a Mage from Magic Guild.

This bandit group is actually quite dangerous and has been hunted many times. The people here even put a subjugation quest in Magic Guilds but none have succeeded so they increase the reward. Ben has finished a job without his knowledge.

"I'm very lucky, I guess. Now I just need to do more jobs so I will be qualified to join the S-Class exam," says Ben.

"You want to join the exam?" asks Makarov with a surprised tone.

"Of course, I want to be an S-Class again and take S-Class jobs. No, maybe SS-Class jobs or above because I haven't tried them," says Ben.

Ben doesn't see that Makarov is having a surprised expression before it turns into a smirk as he realizes something. But Makarov just keeps silent and doesn't say anything to Ben. Then they resume their way back to Magnolia and arrive in 4 hours.

"Then, Ben, good luck with your jobs. Do your best before the exam starts," says Makarov as he leaves the car and enters his house.

"Alright, I'll make sure you make me join the exam, Master," says Ben confidently before he drives away and returns to his home.

Makarov sees Ben departs and says, "Hahaha, he is still a kid, after all."

________________________
The book Transcended as Lord Buggy has reached its number of chapters limit of 200 in Wattpad, so I make its 2nd part. This book will also reach its chapter limit at chapter 200, so I'll make the next chapters in the 2nd part too like the other book.
______________________________________________________________
You can read up to 35+ chapters ahead of this fanfic novel & the other one on my Pa_treon page if you are interested.

Voting for this book is highly appreciate.

I've uploaded:
1. Chapter 225 of Fairy Tail: Sun Eater
2. Chapter 236 of Transcended as Lord Buggy

https://www.pa_treon.com/CaptMermain
(the web didn't use _underscore_, it's to avoid censorship)