122. Surprise Attack

The Dark Mages has been defeated and all the hostages are safe. Now they just need to leave the cave and return to the town.

"Can you all walk?" asks Ben to the hostages.

The hostages check themselves and try to stand up. Most of them can stand, but 4 of the kids and 2 adults can't even stand. They are too tired and stressed after being held captive for 2 days.

"I-I'm sorry, I can't stand. Ple-please don't leave me behind," says a little girl scaredly with some tears in her eyes.

Ben smiles thinly and approaches her before rubbing her head.

"I won't leave you, so don't worry. We will return together," says Ben kindly.

The little girl smiles and nods before wiping her tears.

"Let's go to the cave entrance first. I will carry the 2 adults who can't walk, so can you guys help the kids to walk?" asks Ben to the adults who can walk on their own.

The adults nod and help the kids to stand and walk. Ben lifts the 2 adults and puts them on his shoulder before walking to the entrance. He also reduces the gravity around him to make the hostages walk easier.

They reach the entrance in 15 minutes because the hostages can't walk too fast. Ben calls Reymond & Bella who still hide in the forest. He asks Reymond to call for help while he will stay here with the hostages.

After Reymond left, Ben checks the hostages' conditions. He isn't a doctor, but he knows about medic. It is a must for him who wants to explore the world to learn medic because he never knows what will happen in his journey.

Ben gives the hostages some first aid treatments using the tools & medicines that he brought. They only have some superficial wounds, but their psychological trauma must be deep. He can't do anything about it, but at least they are safe now. He will leave that problem to the professional.

Suddenly, Ben senses a strong magic power moving toward them from the forest. It moves very fast, so he knows it isn't a living being, it's a magic spell. Ben flashes between the hostages and the incoming spell while preparing his magic power.

"W-what happens?" asks the green-haired woman.

"Stay back! I'll take care of this," shouts Ben.

A flash of white lightning can be seen moving fast to their location. It destroys the trees that it passed through without losing any of its power & speed. Ben takes a deep breath and a yellow magic circle appears in front of his mouth.

"Sun Dragon's Light Roar!" shouts Ben as he shoots a light beam.

*BOOM*

Ben's light beam clashes with the incoming lightning spell. They collide for a while before Ben's light beam destroys the white spell. The light beam moves toward the source of the lightning spell and surprises the attacker.

*BOOM*

An explosion happens far in the forest and Ben stops his spell. He looks at the explosion site and clicks his tongue. The attacker has evaded his light beam.

"Damn, who the hell is that?" curses Ben while trying to find the attacker.

Ben finally finds the attacker who hides deep in the forest. He's just about to send an attack when suddenly a big lightning ball flies into the sky. It moves to their position and then many lightning bolts rain down from it.

"Tch, what a troublesome guy. Sun Dragon's Solar Sphere!" says Ben while creating a big golden dome from solar energy to protect everyone there.

The lightning bolts rain down on the sphere and many explosions happen on its surface. None of the lightning bolts can pass the dome, not even damage is created. This spell is the first defense spell that Ben created, so it's very tough because Ben kept improving it.

Ben searches the attacker again while defending the lightning bolts. He finds the guy's position and immediately calls his new sword using Requip. Ben grins and charges his sword with solar energy before swinging it down toward the guy's direction.

"Take this, you bastard. Solar Slash!" says Ben as he swings his sword.

A golden slash attack flies at high speed toward the attacker. It cut through the trees & ground as it moves amidst the lightning rain. The attacker sees it and gets surprised once more by Ben's attack.

The attacker clicks his tongue and stops his lightning spell to defend against Ben's attack. He makes a big white magic circle and shoots a big lightning attack. Then the lightning beam and golden slash collide.

But Ben's attack is stronger than what the attacker thought. So he needs to use more power in his spell to match Ben's attack. Both attacks finally destroy each other after colliding for a minute.

After destroying Ben's slash attack, the attacker wants to get away, but Ben has arrived at his location. Ben has created a defense rune formation to protect the hostage, so he can chase the enemy.

"So this is where you are," says Ben while grinning.

Ben looks at the attacker which is a tall man with blonde hair like him. The man has a cross-shaped scar on his face and wears a black cloak. He also has a black goat head tattoo on his forehead.

"Who are you? Why'd you attack us?" asks Ben.

"Why should I tell you?" asks the man back.

"Well, you don't need to. I just want to know it before I beat you up," says Ben while grinning.

"Hmph, a brat like you think you can defeat me, Joran, the Vice-Master of Hell's Floor? In your dream," says the man.

Ben is stupefied by the man. He just implied that he won't tell his identity, but then he revealed it after Ben mocked him. It's whether he is an idiot or a big idiot.

Also, Ben finally knows the Dark Guild name now after the man said it. He never bother to ask anyone before because it's not important. And this guy is the Vice-Master, which means he is the one with the highest authority right now because their Master is detained.

Ben ignores the useless thought and attacks Joran. He activates his Sun Mode immediately because he doesn't want to play around. The hostages can't wait anymore and need to be treated properly soon, so he needs to defeat this guy fast.

Joran sees Ben who is covered in golden flame flashes toward him very fast. So he also covers his body with his white lightning to enhance his speed & strength. Ben arrived in front of him and they start to fight at close range.

Both of them move very fast because of their magic properties. But Ben gets the upper hand in a short time because of his magic's temperature. Lightning is hot, but the Sun is far hotter and it burns Joran's skin upon contact.

"I don't want to play around with you, so I'll finish this fast. Sun Dragon's Solar Domain!" says Ben as he spreads his golden flame everywhere.

The spreading golden flame creates a dome that covers both Ben & Joran. The temperature inside the dome is very high and it makes Joran feel his body is being burned inside out. He screams as he falls to the ground because he can't stand the heat.

"Your Guild's name is Hell's Floor? Then you should try how it feels to be in Hell," says Ben before punching Joran multiple times until he loses consciousness.

Ben puts his left foot on Joran's body and dispels his magic before saying, "With this level of strength, you dare to threaten the Kingdom? Your Guild is really a joke."

The Dark Mages in this Guild are weak. There's no S-Class Mage in their Guild, even this Vice-Master isn't an S-Class, just close to it. Maybe only the Master is an S-Class in their Guild. If they didn't have hostages, then they'll get destroyed easily by any S-Class Mage, alone.

"Sigh, but at least, this has ended for sure, right?" says Ben unsurely before going back with the unconscious bastard.
______________________________________________________________
You can read up to 30+ chapters ahead of this fanfic novel & the other one on my Pa_treon page if you are interested.

I've uploaded:
1. Chapter 152 of Fairy Tail: Sun Eater
2. Chapter 163 of Transcended as Lord Buggy

https://www.pa_treon.com/CaptMermain
(the web didn't use _underscore_, it's to avoid censorship)