182. Going for The King

Ben's group leaves the prison with only Ben knowing that Edolas Ben has killed Dennis. The others were following him while he tested the new spell before, so they don't realize it. Edolas Ben also killed Dennis cleanly so there was no sound at all.

"So, what will we do now?" asks Moza.

"We need to go to Fairy Tail and meet Lisanna. But I'm worried that they have changed their location. When I was there, Edo Lucy was asking her guildmates to help us in the Capital. I'm afraid that they're on their way here and we'll miss each other if we go there. Edo Ben, do you have a way to contact them?" asks Ben.

"Sorry, I don't have it. If I have it then I would contact them a long time ago," says Edo Ben.

"Sigh, as I thought. Then it seems we need to finish everything in Capital first so we won't need to worry about anything later. Mira, you go with the cats and help the others. Edo Ben & I will strike the King. We are near the castle and the guards seem to be lower, so this is a very good chance," says Ben.

"Alright, be careful," replies Mira.

"OI, WHO DO YOU CALL CATS? WE ARE EXCEEDS," says Moza angrily.

"You are still cats in my eyes," says Ben while smirking.

Moza keeps protesting but Ben ignores him and goes to the castle with Edolas Ben. Mira finally can calm Moza and they leave to help their friends. The Royal Army has chased them and they must be fighting now.

On the way to the castle, Ben talks with Edo Ben, "Are you alright now?"

"Hmm? Why are you asking that so suddenly?" asks Edo Ben.

"You've killed Dennis and avenged your parents, right? I'm just worried that you might feel bad or something after killing someone. Are you feeling alright now?" asks Ben again.

"So you know, huh? Well, I don't know about you but I've killed many people. So killing Dennis isn't a big problem for me. Also, I feel relieved now after I finally killed the man who killed my family," says Edo Ben.

"That's good if you are alright. I won't say anything about killing because I've also killed many people. I just hope that you can live more freely now after cutting the bind of your heart," says Ben.

Edolas Ben smiles and says, "Yeah, I will live more freely now."

They arrive in the castle shortly after that and infiltrate it. There are still some guards there but they can handle the guards easily. Ben finally can see Edolas Ben's fighting skill and he is very impressed by it.

Edolas Ben is an expert at spearsmanship and martial arts. He also has high physical strength, although not as high as Ben. But it is high enough, even higher than most Mages in Earth Land and that's impressive. His spear is a magic item but he hasn't used its magic at all.

"Strange, there's no Royal Captain at all. Usually, they would come immediately if they heard about my arrival," says Edolas Ben.

"I think they are going after my friends. We can use magic, so they are warier of us," says Ben.

"Makes sense. But the King must've stayed behind," says Edolas Ben.

After a few minutes, the 2 of them finally arrived in front of the throne room. Before they can open the door, someone opens it from inside. They get alerted but then they see a girl running out of the room scaredly while holding a big key.

It makes them confused but then a beam is shot toward the girl from behind. Without thinking, Ben flashes behind the girl to block the beam with his body. He gets hits his feet because it's very low and then it explodes.

His sudden interference surprises Edolas Ben, the girl, and the 2 old men inside the throne room. They think that Ben gets injured and Edolas Ben is worried. But when the smoke disappears, they are surprised to see Ben is fine.

"A magic beam with heat property, it's very rare to get attacked by one. Fire is more popular than just Heat, after all. But this magic is very weak. Well, what can I expect from a place with low Ethernano density," says Ben calmly.

"O-Oi, are you okay?" asks Edolas Ben.

"Yeah, I have high immunity toward heat, so it's not a problem. Anyway, one of those old men was attacking a girl, very despicable aren't they? Are you alright, miss?" asks Ben to the girl.

"Y-Yes," replies the girl while looking at Ben & Edolas Ben back & forth.

"Ah, we're twins, don't mind it," says Ben, too lazy to explain.

"Demon Lord, so you finally cone here. I hope you've prepared to die," says the tall old man.

"He is the King of Edolas, Faust. Beside him is the Chief of Staff, Byro. And this girl is actually Byro's assistant, Coco. But I don't know why they attacked her," says Edolas Ben.

"D-Demon Lord?! P-Please, help me. They want to kill Lily," says Coco.

"What?! Panther Lily? Tsk, even if I know you're despicable, I'd never thought that you will even kill your comrade, Faust," says Edolas Ben angrily.

"Hmph, what I do to my subordinate is none of your business. Besides, he should be honored that he can die for the Kingdom," says Faust.

"You bastard," says Edolas Ben even angrier.

"Enough talking, it won't solve anything. Take that girl out of here. I will handle the King," says Ben.

Edolas Ben looks at Ben for a moment before nodding and leaving with Coco. Faust orders Byro to chase after Coco and takes the key back. Byro does as he orders but Ben makes a slash attack in front of him and he stops.

"You won't go anywhere, old man," says Ben while smirking.

"Tsk, just who are you? Are you even the 'Demon Lord' Ben Silverstone?" asks Faust.

"Most likely, he is someone from Earth Land. Also, it seems he is one of them Your Majesty, a Dragon Slayer. He mentioned that he has high immunity toward heat. That is one of Dragon Slayers' traits, immunity toward their element. So he must be a Dragon Slayer," says Byro.

"Ho, then this is perfect. We haven't gotten the Dragon Slayer Magic Power from those 2 that we captured before because they get rescued. But now there is one in front of us, so we can get it from him," says Faust.

"Ah, you're correct, Your Majesty. Then, I will make a preparation," says Byro before he leaves.

"Getting my Magic Power? Do you plan to absorb it or something? You guys sure like to take people's Magic Power, huh? That's a bad hobby," says Ben calmly. He lets Byro leave because he is curious about how they'll take his Magic Power.

"Hahaha, be calm while you can, kid! After this, you won't be able to do anything, so enjoy this moment while you can," says Faust before he shoots a beam from his scepter.

Ben receives it again and doesn't get injured, just like before.

"I told you I have immunity, your attack won't work against me. Sigh, you must've gone senile," says Ben as he eats the heat to fill his energy.

Faust clicks his tongue but keeps attacking Ben with the same magic.

'It seems his magic item only has one usage,' thinks Ben.

Ben is starting to get impatient when finally Byro returns with some soldiers. They bring a strange machine with them. Faust & Byro laugh as if they have won now.

"Hahaha, this is the end, you Dragon Slayer," says Faust crazily.
______________________________________________________________
You can read up to 35+ chapters ahead of this fanfic novel & the other one on my Pa_treon page if you are interested.

Voting for this book will also help me a lot, so please consider it.

I've uploaded:
1. Chapter 217 of Fairy Tail: Sun Eater
2. Chapter 228 of Transcended as Lord Buggy

https://www.pa_treon.com/CaptMermain
(the web didn't use _underscore_, it's to avoid censorship)