144. Destroying The Moon

After defeating Deliora, Ben rest for a moment to eat & drink a little. Then he dispels the barrier dome and leaves the location. He feels bad for destroying the natives' temple, so he goes to the village.

"Damn, how should I talk to them about this? Should I repay them with money? What if they want me to build a new temple? Ugh, maybe I should just run away," ponders Ben while walking.

On the way to the village, Ben encounters Gray who has defeated Lyon. He doesn't know what to say so he just walks past Gray, but the Ice Mage calls him.

"Hey, what about Deliora?" asks Gray.

"Dead," replies Ben shortly.

Gray has a conflicted expression hearing that. On one side, he is happy that the demon who destroyed his home is dead. But on another side, he is not happy that someone can kill Deliora while his teacher couldn't.

"How's his strength?" asks Gray.

"Not as strong as what was told in the story. It must be because he has been imprisoned in that Iced Shell for 10 years. I won't even be surprised if he died right after being released. But his life force is strong enough to make him survive that. He is called immortal for a reason," says Ben.

"Is that so? That means the Iced Shell has contributed a lot, right?" asks Gray while looking at the sky.

"It is, so be proud of your teacher. But don't do the same thing as her. She won't like it even for a bit. She didn't teach Magic to you just so you can die like her, she taught it to you so you can survive in this dangerous world."

"Tell your fellow disciple that if he wants to surpass her, then he needs to live longer than her. Being too arrogant like this just means that he is still far from her level. A Mage's quality isn't just seen from their strength, there are many factors in it," says Ben while looking at Lyon.

"What factors?" asks Lyon weakly as he lays weakly too.

"That's for you to find out," says Ben as he walks away.

Gray & Lyon get silent and look at the destroyed temple while Ben keeps walking to the village.

'Dayum~, that's too cool. I never thought I would say something deep like that. This can be addicting,' thinks Ben, praising himself.

[You are just saying nonsense to stop them from talking to you any longer.]

'Yeah, but I still said cool things,' protests Ben.

[Whatever.]

After walking for some minutes, Ben finally reaches the village. Erza is stopping him in front of the gate like a guard.

"Are you the Devil Slayer who fought Deliora? Have you defeated him?" asks Erza with a strict tone & pose.

"Yeah and yeah. Now move. I want to talk with the villagers," says Ben nonchalantly.

"Let me ask you one more thing. Who are you? And what's your motive?" asks Erza.

"That's 2 questions, not one," says Ben.

"Just answer," says Erza while pointing her sword at Ben.

"Let me tell you something. You need to ask someone that you don't know with a politer tone. You also shouldn't point your sword at others, they will get offended. And if they get offended, they can get angry and attack you like this," says Ben as he teleports right in front of Erza and grabs her face.

Erza gets surprised and wants to attack Ben with her sword. But then she pauses when Ben releases his Devil Slayer power and points it at her. She sees an image of a very menacing demon behind Ben that makes her tremble and drops her sword.