127. Scanning Magic Books

After learning the library's layout, Ben checks the 4 warehouses. He starts from the north then follows the clock's rotation. The warehouses contain tools for the library's maintenance and many damaged books.

"Hmm, so they stored the damaged books here and replace them with good copies. But some books didn't have any copies, so they store those books in special storage. I'm very lucky to find these books although they aren't complete. I still can get some knowledge for references," says Ben as he opens a crate filled with damaged books.

He starts scanning the damaged books that don't have any good copies. Even if they aren't complete, they are still useful as references. Besides, he has AI Chip that can always help him with this kind of thing.

'Hmm, with these many books, how many INT points I can get?' asks Ben to AI Chip.

[Probably around 1000 points, so you'll get 100,000 MP raise.]

'WTF!? There are more than 1 million books in here, you know,' thinks Ben in protest.

[Yes, but as your points get higher, raising them will keep getting more difficult. Even you should've felt it now.]

Ben has a realization as he looks at his current stats.

[Name: Ben Cooper
Epithet: Karna (The Sun's Child)
Real Age: 16
Body Age: 15 (halted)
Status: Alive
MP: 256,651/256,651
STR: 230 (halted)
AGI: 230 (halted)
STA: 230 (halted)
INT: 282]

He sighs after looking at his INT points that only raised 35 points in months. But he didn't learn many new books like what he did in the past, so it's not strange. If it's not for his new Sun Devil Slayer Magic & Curse, then maybe his INT stat won't raise at all.

'Well, 100,000 MP is high, so I can't protest. Besides, it is a bonus, not the real reason why I learn these magic books. I can raise my MP through other means, so it's not a problem,' thinks Ben as he flips a book's pages.

It takes him a day to scan all the damaged books in the warehouses. Bella is playing alone with her toys as he scans the books. The books scanning is just too boring for her, so she prefers playing with the toys that she brought.

At night, Ben plans his library's exploration and sets his priority. There are many magic books that he wants to scan, but he needs to have priority. There will be no end to it if he keeps following his wants.

"I have time limit and needs, so I need to plan this thoroughly," ponders Ben as he makes his plans together with AI Chip.

He plans it while Bella is sleeping soundly beside him. She is also being one of the factors in Ben's plan. He can't just think about himself and needs to think of Bella too.

After making the plan, Ben goes to sleep. He wakes up the next day and has breakfast on the bottom floor. As he eats, Ben tells Bella about his general plan.

"Bella, we'll go to the town once every 2 weeks to buy supplies. You can do what you want when I read the books," says Ben.

"Kay~," says Bella.

Ben rubs her head before going to a bookshelf on the 4th floor. It's a bookshelf containing a magic type that Ben always searched but he never find it, space magic. He really wants to learn it since he could use Requip because it is high-level magic.

There are 4 magic types that he has always wanted to learn. They are Space Magic, Time Magic, White Arts, and Black Arts. Those 3 are very rare and their rarity is the reason why Ben wants them, not because of their power, especially for Black Arts.

But for Space & Time Magic, Ben also wants to use them if he can. These 2 are very useful for almost everything, even everyday life. There are many things that he can think of if it's about space & time magic usage.

As a magic item crafter, he also wants to craft items with space or time power. But he doesn't have much knowledge about them before. The only space magic that he knows is Requip and as for time magic, he only knows Body Age Seal that he used on himself currently.

This library has a lot of space & time magic books. Although they're not as many as the other types of magic. As for the Black & White Arts, there are only a few of them, especially the Black Arts because it is forbidden magic.

There are 96 books about Space Magic in this library with 57 magic types. It is a lot if he just looks at the number, but it is very few compared to the books about other types of magic. It is also a small number if he looks at the age of this library.

For hundreds of years collections, the space magic books in this library are not many. But Ben is still glad that there are almost 100 of them. It's because the books of time magic are even less than that. There are only 34 of them and they only contain 16 magic types.

"Ooh, there are 3 books about Requip here. These books have more detail about this magic. Hehe, I can improve my Requip here. Then there is this teleportation magic, a very useful magic," says Ben as he looks at the books' titles.

Ben starts from Requip, the one that he is most familiar with. This is also the space magic that he used often, so he needs to improve it. Bella also uses this magic, so improving it is a must for them.

6 months isn't a long time, so he needs to learn things that will be useful to him first. As for the others, he can learn them in the future when he has time. He already knows the library's location, so he can always return here.

That day, Ben scans half of the space magic books in the library. He only scans 48 books in a day and it is a big problem. 48 is a lot, but compared to the books in this library, that number is minuscule.

"Hmm, I have 6 months, so there are 180 days for me to learn these books. If I can scan, let's say 50 books a day, then I can only learn around 9000 books in these 6 months, not even 10,000. Damn, I need to find a way to make it faster," ponders Ben.

"Return later?" asks Bella while reading a pictured magic introduction book for children.

"Of course, we will return here in the future. 6 months won't be enough to learn all these books. But at least I want to learn around 100,000 in these 6 months. At least it will reduce the time for us to return here in the future," says Ben.

"Return, walking, tiring," says Bella unwantedly.

"Sigh, we don't have another choice. Even with a magic car, it will take a long time because of the distance. If only we can shorten it, then we'll-" says Ben before widening his eyes in realization.

Ben realizes that there is magic that can help him with that problem, "Teleportation Magic!"

He opens AI Chip's database because he has scanned the books about Teleportation Magic. AI Chip transfers the books contain to Ben's brain directly. It finished in a minute and Ben now has the knowledge of Teleportation Magic.

"One problem solved. Now, what should I use to be able to scan more books in a day?" says Ben as he scrolls through the books list in AI Chip's database.

[I suggest this magic: Clone Magic. It allows you to make copies of yourself, so you can read more books at one time. However, the clones have different personalities which embody your emotions.]

"A Black Magic, huh? I never used one before even though I've learned some. It seems to be a good solution, but will you also get copied?" asks Ben to AI Chip.

[Probably.]

"So you're not sure of it. Sigh, whatever, let's just try it tomorrow," says Ben as he returns to his sleeping place.

It's night already, so he needs to rest.
______________________________________________________________
You can read up to 30+ chapters ahead of this fanfic novel & the other one on my Pa_treon page if you are interested.

Clicking that power stone/like also seem to be a good choice, hehe.

I've uploaded:
1. Chapter 157 of Fairy Tail: Sun Eater
2. Chapter 168 of Transcended as Lord Buggy

https://www.pa_treon.com/CaptMermain
(the web didn't use _underscore_, it's to avoid censorship)