72. Close Call

Ben rushes at Elfman while making a black purplish gravity ball. He throws the ball at Elfman to pin him down. Ben then chops Elfman's neck to knock him out and Elfman returns to his human form.

Ben releases the gravity ball and takes Elfman to Mirajane. Mirajane is treating Lisanna while crying and blame herself. Ben doesn't know what happen, so he just put Elfman down and doesn't say anything.

Lisanna opens her eyes and looks at Mira, then she looks at Elfman who has turned into a human again, and smiles. But suddenly her body glows and starts to disappear slowly.

Ben is surprised by it, he's sure his punch has reduced Elfman's attack power before. She shouldn't be that injured because that attack was not lethal.

Lisanna's body that starts to glow and disappear also seems strange. Ben tries to check her, but But it's not the time to think about that.

Ben immediately uses his magic sense and senses Lisanna's magic power gone slowly. Ben immediately makes a Light Sphere dome barrier that covers them. He tries to stop Lisanna's magic power from leaving her body.

However, even Ben's Light Sphere now starts to brittle and disappear. "WHAT?! Why's my magic-?! It gets sucked by something."

Ben looks up at the sky and sees the cloud twirling like a tornado. He tries to use his magic sense and realizes that a big amount of Ethernano is moving up to the sky and disappear.

'This is- It's the thing that makes the Magic Council sent me. What happen here?' thinks Ben while trying to maintain his Light Sphere.

Ben makes a Light Sphere again and he makes it stronger than before. He keeps trying to maintain his Light Sphere to prevent Lisanna's magic from disappearing. He uses more MP because the suction is very strong.

'AI Chip, analyze the situation! I will focus on saving her,' says Ben to AI Chip in his mind.

[Understood]

Ben maintains his Light Sphere and reduces the suction on Lisanna's MP. Her body starts to become visible again, but her MP is still depleted slowly.

Ben uses more power on his Light Sphere to make the unknown thing suck his Spell's MP rather than Lisanna's MP. The situation continues for 15 minutes. Even Ben's MP that has grown a lot has become very low now.

[Name: Ben Cooper

Age: 15

Status: Alive

MP: 213/146,184

STR: 205

AGI: 199

STA: 218

INT: 221]

Luckily, it stops before Ben runs out of MP. He slumped on the ground and panted hard because his MP dropped fast. He sees Lisanna is still on Mirajane's lap, but she is unconscious.

Ben tries to sense Lisanna's magic power, but he can't feel it. It seems her MP still gets sucked and now she run out of her MP completely. If nothing wrong happened, she should recover from it in a few days.

Mirajane sees that everything is over and then she fall unconscious too. She is very stressed out by what happened just now. Now when everything is over, she can relax and sleep.

Ben check on the 3 siblings' condition and they're fine. But he senses something is strange with Lisanna. He can't feel her presence at all even though he can see her and her heart is beating.

Lisanna's MP should start to recover even if it's very slow. With Ben's current level of Magic Sense ability, he should be able to sense even a small change in Lisanna's magic power. But it doesn't increase even a bit.