3: Morgan

AMELIA'S POV

As much as I was welcoming being rid of the red room I was very much bored. Dad wouldn't let me walk around the compound unaccompanied but I didn't want to be around people right now. So I stayed in my room, but that means thinking about Piper. And I didn't want to do that either. I didn't want to think about that because all that I could see was her getting beaten to death and all that I could hear was her screaming for me to help her. 

I should have helped her fight harder and gotten free to help her. But I couldn't I couldn't move my head until she went silent and I knew she had, had enough she had stopped fighting herself. Something happened in me and I had a renewed strength and I rushed over to her but I was too late, I tried to keep her talking to me but her face was unrecognisable it was cut up and bloody from the repeated hitting. I held her hand in mine and looked her in her eyes and the life slipped away from her. I begged her to hold on but she couldn't She was tired and in pain and now I'm tired and in pain. 

If I could just have gotten control sooner, fought hard she could be home with me, with dad. I feel like I've lost part of me, no matter how bad it got, no matter how brutal the attacks were or mind-numbing the brainwashing was we were by each other's sides and that's all that mattered we were strong for each other when we were tired of being strong for ourselves, we had to stay strong for the sake of the other. 

----------

Peppa's POV

Everyone has gone out to HQ for business and I was left with Amelia, she was in her room like she had been for the past two weeks. She wouldn't come out to eat or to talk to people she wouldn't do anything but lay there. I take her meals up to her every day but she's either sleeping or she just rolls over. I go in to collect the dishes after an hour or so and they're half eaten most of the time. 

I was in the lounge reading trying to pass the time for the rest of them to come back, dinner was in the oven Wanda helped prep it before she left. 

Mimi came into the room and looked around, she looked so pale, dejected and tired. Her eyes weren't bright like they used to be, not that I expected it all the things she would have seen. I'm not surprised the innocent sparkle had disappeared after all these years. "Where's dad?" She asked quietly. "At work." She nodded and pushed her lips together in a straight line, she looked around again. "Is everything okay?" She nodded and walked over to me sitting a little away from me on the sofa. "Do you want something to eat? I could make you something." "Not hungry but thank you." She said politely. We haven't really spoken about how she feels about me and her father. 

I went back to reading as she sat there quietly, I didn't want to push her to talk if she didn't want to. I felt her head lay in my lap gently almost like she was hesitant, she would lay like this when she was younger, Pips on one side and Mimi on the other side they'd fall asleep waiting up for their father to come home from work. I ran one hand through her hair like I would when she was young. 

Her body started to shake and then a sob left her lips. "Oh, baby." I tried to comfort her the best I could she rolled over and buried her face in me and I rested a hand on her back. "It's okay, I've got you." "It hurts so much." She managed out. "I know I wish there was something I could do." "I miss her." "She's always with you. And it'll get easier." "It won't. It's never going to be easy without her." She sat up and I wrapped her in a proper hug. "I can't do this. I wish they never came for us. I wish he killed me too." "Mimi, you don't mean that." "I do. I hate it without her." She sobbed again. "Shh." I soothed her. 

"You have Morgan, and your dad and me. We're all here for you." "Dad won't even let me near Morgan." "Well, we can change that," I tell her. She pulled away and I swear I saw that little sparkle in her eyes returns for just a second. "Really?" I nodded and smiled at her softly. "Of course, she needs her big sister. Peter can't be having princess parties with her forever." She smiled.