28: I Forgive You

AMELIA'S POV

After a few shakey days I finally felt like myself again, I was easing into training slowly and Fury was observing me. He's an intense guy. Wanda's not speaking to me, Yelena's avoiding me and Natasha well she's just being Natasha. 

I finish my lap and jog up the hill to the bench where Bucky was sitting. He had finished his workout a little before me and was just having a break. "You're slacking." "I have a ticking time bomb in my chest, cut me some slack," I said sitting beside him and taking his water bottle. My chest was hurting pretty bad, Bruce said this would happen and that's why I'm meant to be easing into it so I avoid my heart exploding in my chest. "Sure, help yourself." "I plan on it," I say taking a sip he chuckled. "Glad to see you back out here." I looked at him scanned his face. "I'm fine Bucks, I swear." I showed him my hands they weren't as shakey as they have been it's only slightly now and if I focus really hard I can stop it from happening but then I get tired so it's not worth it. "I'm gonna go change and then visit Peppa," I say standing up. "Are you going into the city with Peter?" "No, I'm going to stay back do my mission report." "You don't have to do that." "Pirate man is giving me a different impression," I say nudging my head he turned around and saw Fury watching us. "Is he with you all day?" "Pretty much. Wants to make sure I'm okay to go back to work." "Do you feel ready?" I sat back down beside him. 

He stayed quiet whilst I decided what I was going to say. I could give him the honest answer or I could lie. "I'm scared Bucks." I manage out, it was a whisper but he heard me. He patted my knee before resting his hand there. "I'll be right by your side." We make eye contact briefly. "What if I don't have it under control next time? Or I can't get the power before something bad happens?" "You don't need them to be great... You're all you need. You can fight and you're clever and your mind is an amazing tool it's like a GPS and Wikipedia all in one." I chuckled. "You will do just fine, you don't even have to use them." I nodded. "When we train you don't use them. You have strength all on your own." 

"Will you drive me somewhere? Not got my car back." "Sure." He smiled. "Meet you in an hour." I nodded and went inside. "You have legs on you Stark." Fury said when I caught up with him. "What?" "You can run?" "Yeah, we trained a lot in the red room. Guess I just got good at it." I shrugged. "What are your plans for the rest of the day?" "Going out with Bucky... Mission Report and sitting with Peppa. Also on bedtime duty for Morgan with Peter tonight as Dads in the office." He nodded. We walked inside quietly. 

"You don't like me very much do you Agent Fury?" I asked him as we reached the building. "It's not that I don't like you Little Stark." "Then what is it?" "It's that I fear with the amount of power you have and the amount of pain you've been through that you'll become something others will fear." "You don't know what I've been through," I said cooly. "I have files and files on you Amelia... Little Warrior is what he labelled you as." My breath got caught in my throat when I heard it again. Echoing in my head was everytime I ever heard the nickname I hated so much. Fight little Warrior. "You protected your sister with everything you had." "Don't" I hold my hand up to stop. "I need to shower so are you going to follow me in there too or?" "I'll see you in a while." I nodded and went up the stairs to mine and Wanda's room. She was in the corner reading. 

"Hi." Nothing. I went to walk into the bathroom but paused at the door. "I don't know what I did to hurt you or upset you. But I'm sorry I caused you to feel like you have to ignore me, whatever I did I'm sorry." I say hoping she'll explain to me what she is feeling or what I did. She was pushing me out of her head, when she said nothing I went into the bathroom and showered before coming out and changing. 

I put on oversized jeans and a long sleeve crop top and a jacket, it's cold in New York we're not quiet out of winter just yet, nearly but it's still cold regardless. "I'm going to visit Piper...If you're willing it would be great to have a friend there." I say shyly as I adjust my messy bun that I had been perfecting for the past 10 minutes now, I was just buying time hoping that she might talk to me. "I'm sure Natasha would go with you." I frowned at her tone. "Nat and I aren't talking right now and I don't want her to come. I want you to but it's fine if you don't feel comfortable being around me." I didn't know what I had done but Wanda wouldn't just cut me off for no reason so I must have done something to her. She didn't say anything. "I'll get dad to move my things out... I don't want to put you out." "Where will you go?" "Peter has a spear bed... Or Yelena and Natasha can share and I can have my room." "You're not sharing with Natasha." "Like I said we're not talking right now." It's pretty lonely in this house. Wanda's not talking to me, Yelena's not talking to me, Natasha and I are in this weird place I think we're arguing but I'm not sure what about and my heads still really fuzzy and things are hard to comprehend right now.