37: Lola And Elliot

"Daddy!" Morgan ran out of my arms and into Tony's arms and he held her tightly. "Amelia!" I rushed around them running down the two flights of stairs. I didn't care about what had happened I knew she was hurt. She got shot. I saw her get shot.

"Medical," Sam says pointing. I kept my speed up and ran through the halls trying to find her. But I caught sight of the blonde hair. "Yelena?" "Nat she's going to be okay," Steve told me. "It looks worse than it is. Just a lot of blood." Yelena dismisses me. "Where's Mila?" "Next room." Steve pointed. "Are you sure you're okay?" "Go." She dismissed me with a wave of her hand.

I hurried next door to see Peppa with her she was being stitched up. "Are you okay?" "Fine Romanoff. Where's Morgan?" "She's with your dad." She nodded. "She's okay, a little shaken up." "I should go to her, will you hold the baby's hand she's scared of needles," Peppa says and I was shocked. "Shut up." She warned. I took Peppa's seat and held her hand as asked. Peppa kissed her forehead. "we'll be down in a few." She left shortly after.

"After all these years I never knew you were scared of needles." I teased. "Well we couldn't show fear, now I can and- Ow." She squeezed my hand and her eyes closed she had a firm grip. Her shoulder was being tended to where the bullet went through. She didn't let up until the doctor had finished.

"You're lucky it was just your shoulder," I tell her when the doctor left. "I had to get Morgan." "What happened?" "A bunch of idiots. Nothing serious. Literally, idiots who think we're the bad guys." "Normal people." She nodded. "Normal people with crazy brains and guns."

"Melia." Kate rushed over to her and hugged her. "Thank you." She said looking into her eyes. "You saved my life." "It's my literal job, don't be too flattered." New York, Bali, Russia, England, Milan, New York, Mexico, Ohio, Alaska, Ohio, New York, Ohio, New York, Ohio, New York, Ohio, hospital... I counted how long I had been holding her hand and then she pulled away. Now I knew why it didn't hurt me as much but I wanted to hold her hand and make sure she was okay. "How Lena? She took a hit too." "She's okay, told me it's worse than it looked. Of course, it would be you two that got messy." She smiled at me. "Do you need anything? Water? Food?" "I'm good. Just waiting for my sister... Actually, could you help me change? I don't want Morgan to see the blood." "Sure," Kate answered. Amelia looked at me. I don't want her to see them. "I'll do it. Can you make sure Yelena doesn't need anything?" I asked Kate, she looked confused but she backed out and left nodding.

"Thanks." She adjusted the way she was sat on the bed and I helped her get out of her shirt and into the fresh PJ's Peppa must have brought her in. When she was dressed I helped her sit back down. "Ohio? That's my mum's house right?" "Nat..." She warned. "I only showed you to explain. We're going to stop talking about it. It's just one possible outcome. There are millions, billions even." "So we could... Might not... Ever." "More than likely no." "Oh." "You're not disappointed are you Romanoff?" She teased. "Of course not."

"Knock knock. Can we come in?" Peppa's voice was heard. "Yeah." "Melia!" Morgan ran to her and she ignored the pain and scooped her right up placing her on her lap. "Are you okay? Were you hurt?" Amelia scanned her over. "No, Nat got to me." "Good. I'm sorry." "Why?" "I should have gotten to you." She whispered cradling Morgan rocking her. All she wanted was for Morgan to be safe.

"Natasha could you excuse us for a minute. We need a family talk." I nodded. "I'll check on you soon." She nodded and I left going to check on my sister. She was fine a little sore but nothing she hadn't had before.

--------

"You should be resting," I say when I see her standing in Yelena's doorway. Lena was sleeping in the hospital bed and Amelia should be too. "Amelia?" I questioned when she didn't say anything. She came further into the room and sat on my lap sideways resting her head on my shoulder. "What's wrong?" "They're leaving." She sobbed, she hide her face muffling her cries. "Who?" "Morgan and Peppa... It's not safe." I held her close. "I can't keep her safe if she's away from me. How. What am I meant to do?"