46: Bump In The Road

A week away made me want her by my side more than ever. We were back in the compound for a few minutes and we have pulled away. Amelia had to go to Stark tower to deal with an emergency and I had to go to HQ we drove into town together Happy dropped her off first then me off. When we got back she was thrown into a meeting and I was on dinner duty. During dinner, Yelena was talking both of our ears off and after dinner, I had a meeting and Amelia was on clean up.

"Teachs us not to have a week off. Huh?" She joked sitting on the edge of my bed. I nudged my head towards the bathroom Yelena was in there. She sighed. "How was work?" "Okay, emergency resolved and the meeting that was regarding the task force I was telling you about." I nodded. "What about you?" "I'm being sent on a mission for two weeks with Lena." "When?" "A weeks time." "What type of mission?" "Capture." "Promise me you won't run into an open fire." "I promise. I have too much worth losing." I take her hand and pulled her she leant in and pecked my lips. "Don't die." "I don't plan on it," I whispered against her lips.

———————
That one day was the beginning of us not seeing each other. Day by day we got less and less time and then I went away on my mission. We'd each send a message a day because of time differences. And when I got back there was a note on my bed. She had been sent out early with her task force for two weeks. Tony informed me she had no phone or any way to contact the compound. The only contact she had was with Director Fury himself.

------------

YELENA'S POV

I frowned at my sister's outfit. "That's not yours," I say pointing at the hoodie she was wearing, it was too nice to be hers, too soft. It was a lilac hoodie she doesn't wear that colour she wears, black, red, grey and dark green nothing more. "Yeah, it is." She touches the string. "No. No, it's not. I'd remember if you owned that." I say still looking at it. "It's new." "Liar." She rolled her eyes. 

"Is it your girlfriends?" "What?" She spun around quickly facing me with a scowl. "I don't have a girlfriend." "Sure you do. I heard you talking to her on the phone when we were away." Sometimes I think she thinks I'm dumb like she was the only one on the team with brain cells. She's not. "I'm a trained spy, I notice things," I added. "I don't have a girlfriend." "You're a liar." I sang back walking away from her. She is so secretive she never tells me anything. And I know everything. I know she's dating someone. She had been moping around all week, she's been snappy and in a bad mood she has been living in that hoodie so clearly, she was missing her girlfriend. She must be too busy with work to go see her... Maybe they met at the Stark Tower, she works there sometimes. 

That would make sense, Tony keeps those types of girls around the office for the image. You know the sweet preppy girls, I only believe her to be like that from the colour of the hoodie. I bet she's wearing it because it smells of her. My sister is so lovesick it's gross. 

-----------

"Katie." "No." "Lilly." "No." "Molly." "No." I had a list of girls that worked at Tony's offices we were playing a guessing game. Kate was participating too. "Hope." "No." "Cassie?" "No." "Lucy." "No." Natasha wasn't enjoying this game all too much she just kept her face straight as she readmission reports on the tablet. "JJ." "No." "Emily." "No." "Penelope." "No." "Maybe it's a dude," Kate suggests. I laughed. "My sister is a raging lesbian there's no way it's a dude." 

-----------

I've not seen my sister move so fast in two weeks she ran to the front doors where Amelia would be coming through. I was already standing there waiting. I had so much to fill her in on. Like a whole lot, it's been a month since I saw her last two weeks since I spoke to her, so much has happened like Natasha's girlfriend. Kate and I think it's Jessica, she sneezed when we said her name. Mila will be all over finding out everything about her so we can tease Natasha of course. They're like semi friends now... they stopped arguing which is fun and they're mission partners which means they spend a whole lot of time together.