41: The Truth

"She's pretty isn't she," Maria said. We were in a run-down bar sat away from the bar watching Mimi do her job. "Who?" I asked oblivious I was too focused on Mimi she was seducing a man at the bar. Using her black widow training to do so. We were trying to make the arrest by creating the smallest scene possible. "Amelia." I looked at her. "Don't look so shocked, Nat. She's stunning." I looked back to the bar. "Do you know if she's dating anyone?" I clenched my jaw. "No, I don't think so," I say pretending not to be bothered. "I think I might ask her out." I'm making my move. I subtly nodded. "She's going for it be ready," I say.

Amelia swiftly took the mans hand off of her thigh and twisted it he shoved her against the bar but then Mimi took control again before shooting him with her bracelet. She watched him as he fell to the floor looking unimpressed. "All that could have been avoided." She says putting him in cuffs.

We got him to transport and then went back to our hotel for the night. Maria and I were sharing Mila had her own room. Missions are the only time she can really get alone time despite the high intensity of them so I didn't object to it. It's better than her moving out to Peppa's apartment for good.

"I'm going to ask her," Maria said confidently. I just raised an eyebrow and continued to type on the computer updating our mission notes. "How did you know she was going to make her move?" She asked. "What?" "Today. You just knew. How?" "I just know her body very well," I say. "I guess I'll learn the more I work with her." I wasn't going to tell her she used the mind stone to tell me. She can just keep thinking I'm super close to her. "What do you think she'd like to do? Dinner and a movie? What food is she into?" "Cheeseburgers. But she's not the type to go to fancy restaurants so don't waste your time with that." I say bored of the conversation. "She's a Stark." She says shocked. "She likes nice clothes but that's the only thing she falls Into stereotypically being a Stark. Well, that and being hardworking." I explained. "Right, so a cheap diner maybe? What about a movie what is she into?" "She hates horror. Only watched them if there's someone to hide behind and cuddle with at night. That normally being Wanda or her dad so no luck on that one...she watches a lot of kids films because of Morgan." I explain. She nodded. "Where would you take her?" She asked. "Huh?" "You're good friends with her. Where would you take her?" "Umm, I don't know. We don't get much free time." I dismiss it. I wasn't giving her ideas. I didn't want her to take her on a date. I didn't want my blissful moments to end.

In those moments I felt more loved than I ever had. I felt safe and content. And they're are not feelings I get often and I wasn't ready to not get them again. She stopped asking questions for a few moments and then Mimi knocked at our door Maria answered it and asked her right then and there. She stuttered out an answer I looked over my shoulder and she looked at me I looked away to allow her to answer freely. She said yes. But I don't know if that was because she didn't know how to say no nicely.

——————
One date leads to another and another. And now they're cuddled up on the sofa together at the compound. Amelia had gotten better at sharing her time so Yelena and Wanda and now Kate didn't feel replaced or neglected. But Maria took up a lot of her free time. Tony said she stopped going to the office as much because she'd be at HQ with Agent Hill. He seemed glad because she was relaxing and going out for fun not just for missions.

"What happened to your face?" Yelena asked with a mouthful of food. I looked up to see what she was talking about. Amelia untucked her hair quickly to cover the bruising around her eye. "Banged it." She shrugged. "On what?" Yelena asked. "You need to be more careful." She says. "You're so clumsy. You've been falling over a lot." I frowned Amelia wasn't clumsy. She was perfectly balanced the only time I've seen her trip is when she was drunk that one time. "A lot?" I questioned. "She fell down the stairs the other week. Covered in bruises. You broke your ribs too didn't you?" Yelena asked. "Yeah lost my balance." She took her food and left.