36: Chapters

"This is Kate." Clint introduced the tall girl to us all she waved excitedly. "So do we take in all the strays now?" Tony asked. "Does that mean we can get a dog?" Yelena asked. "She's not a stray, she's a person." Clint corrects. "And she's skilled. And she'll be joining us." "Bet there was no contract she had to sign," Amelia mumbled from beside me I nudged her she sat up.

"I'm Amelia, I assume we'll be roommates." She forced a smile as she shook Kate's hand. "You'll be correct to assume that... We're having the room prepared but you know how it is." Clint says apologetically to Amelia, she liked having her own space despite everyone hanging out in there."I'm sharing a room with a Stark?" "No. No. No No. No No." Yelena threw her head back. "What are you two dating?" Kate whispered. "Yeah, we're married," Amelia said bored and almost sarcastically, Kate looked confused. "I'm kidding she's referring to your starstruck demeanour, it's a little..." "Too much. Kate Bishop." "How do you know my last name?" "We're trained spies. We know a lot more than your last Name kate Bishop." Yelena teases. "She read the file," Amelia says handing it to her.

"Oh." "We each have one don't worry." Amelia eased her nerves. "I'll show you around whilst these finish up here. It's all boring stuff anyway." Mila lead the way and they left. "They're the same age... You guys will get on." Clint told Yelena. Yelena forced a smile. "I'm sure of it." "What's your problem." "Someone else to take up her time." I chuckled. "Seriously since she started working at Tower place in the city she has no time. I saw her more when I was on the run." I realised she wasn't joking. "Talk to her." "I'll call her PA and schedual a meeting with her." She left the meeting. I stayed until the end.

I feel like everyone was constantly fighting for her attention it must be draining. She's gone from having her best friend wanting to date her, to Bucky having a crush on her. Yelena coming back, a new sister, A brother of some sort, two full-time jobs, training, her other friends, fighting her own demons too, it must be exhausting to be her.

——————
Yelena wasn't wrong Amelia spent a lot of time with Kate. Like a lot of time. They were always giggling in their bedroom or training together and when they weren't together they were texting each other. Amelia even FaceTimed her from work today. Everyone was glad they got on I guess they didn't want a repeat of what happened with Mila and me but I didn't get my blissful feeling moments. I didn't even get the moments before that or even close to it. I didn't even get to make eye contact with her most of the time because she's so consumed by Kate.

"Did you hear they're going on a date?" I hear Sam whisper to Bucky. "Who is?" I ask sitting beside them on the sofa. "Amelia and Kate." I tried to keep my face neutral. "Where did you hear that?" "MJ and Peter." He shrugged. "What?" "They were talking about how Kate and Amelia kissed when they were drunk the other night at the house party at Peters friends house...and then Kate asked her on a date the next day...they're going to an axe throwing place in the city tonight." Of course, they'd go on a fun date all they have done is have fun since Kate arrived. Amelia is still taking her job and training serious but Kate has helped her relax and loosen up.

I don't engage in the rest of the conversation I had my own thoughts and feelings to sort through right now. Like why was I feeling this towards Kate? I find my sister and she immediately knows something is wrong. "A beer?" She asked and I nodded we go to the garage and take my car into town finding an old pub to have a drink and talk about things.
—————
"I had a really nice time tonight." Kate said softly. We were all watching on the cameras they had just come in from their date. "Me too." Amelia said shyly. Told you she was shy. I push to Wanda and she shoots me a look we both go back to watching. Amelia had a crop top on and some leather pants she looked really cute and stylish but I don't think she thought this would happen.

Kate rested her hand on Amelia's exposed body and that was her test really. If she trusted them enough to let them in to go further. There's something about skin in skin contact for her that can either trigger her or calm her in a second flat. Like when Peppa rests their foreheads together. It's like her body knew who to trust before she did. "Don't touch me." She said pulling away. "Aww, mimi. I was rooting for you." Peppa said sadly looking disappointed. Amelia has turned down Wanda, Bucky, Peters friend and now Kate. She has to let someone in. "I'm sorry." "You didn't know it's not your fault." Amelia says softly tucking her hair behind her ear. "We can take things slow...no more drunk kisses." "Oh, we finally making it a rule. After 10 million times." "5...5 times." Kate chuckled linking their arms and they continued their path towards the bedrooms. "She might be the one." Bruce says. Since when has he been into teen drama.