51: Pause, A Pause

"Tony you can't keep her trapped in here forever." "She bearly remembers she lives here never mind letting her out into the city." "Tony." Peppa and Tony kept going back and forth. They let Mila go with Yelena and Kate into the city... I understand the concern but she's 21 and she's been stuck in this house for two weeks with people telling her stories from her life. Yelena treats her like a normal person so no wonder she wants to go out for a bit with her. 

"You have like 12 tracking chips on her what's the big deal?" "The big deal is she almost died Peppa. And I'm sorry you don't understand what it's like to almost lose your child." "Don't! don't you dare tell me I don't know what it's like? She is my daughter! I love her just as much as you and I were so scared I still am. But she isn't going to get better with people talking at her constantly trying to get her to remember." She snapped back at Tony. "You don't give her permission to leave the compound ever again. She is my daughter." They walked away from each other. 

"Dinners going to be fun," Wanda says. "So much," I say sarcastically eating my lunch. "How are you holding up?" "Me? I'm fine." "It's me you're talking to Nat, you don't have to lie." "I miss her. And I can't wait for the moments when it just feels normal for us. But they're short-lived and rare." "It's been three weeks." "Exactly... And in those three weeks, she's remembered, Morgan and Peter." "So you're next on the list." "Doesn't work like that," I say knowing full well it won't. She doesn't trust me and without that trust, our relationship didn't start. "Why not recreate your first date?" "No. It's a core memory Wanda we're not meant to mess with it. Trivial things like what her favourite breakfast is and her daily routines yes but her memories that really mean something to her, where important things happened we're not meant to mess with. She'll remember in her own time. So please just let her." "But it's hurting you." "And it's killing her." I walked away from her no longer wanting to have that conversation. 

----------

"You buy the flowers," Amelia said bursting into my room. "What?" "You buy me flowers every week. You're T." She exclaims. "I called you Tasha once and you signed them that because we were dating before everyone knew." This is too good to be true. "I don't remember everything but I'm sure you're T and you get me flowers." "I do." "Shall we go to Mason's?" She asked sitting on my bed. "You want to hang out with me?" "Kate and Lena are preparing for a mission. Wanda is in a mood because you shouted at her." "I didn't shout." "She seems to think you did." "I didn't shout." "You raised your voice." "I didn't." I lied. "Your thoughts are roaring Natasha... You can't lie to me." She says with a smug smirk lacing her lips. "Please take me. I'm only allowed off the premises with someone, those are the rules." "your dad seems to think differently." "Then let's go before he finds me." 

I grabbed my keys and jacket and we went down to the car, she got in the passenger side and I took her to Mason's. "Wasn't expecting my favourite couple... Wait are you even still a couple because you like forgot everything." Thanks for that Mason. "Can we come in or not?" Amelia asked ignoring his question. "Sure. Yeah sorry." He stepped aside and we both walked in. "Sorry." He says to me. I shoot him a death glare. 

Amelia looked around the small apartment. "Where's the closest?" She asked. Mason pointed confused and she opened the door before crouching. I knew what she was looking for. She came back out not saying anything Mason looked more confused than ever. "So I need a favour." She says sitting on the sofa in crisscross. I take a seat. I didn't know we were coming here for a favour. "what is that favour?" "I need a car." "What?" I questioned. "Dad's not letting me have my keys and I need to get around. I need a car. You from my amazingly disappointing memory can obtain that in a couple of hours. So why you do that I'm going to write a check and chill... you have beer?" She asked standing up quickly. "No, you're not going to get her a car." "Why not?" Amelia turned sharply. "Because you're not cleared to drive it's dangerous." "The only thing that's dangerous is the fact that aliens can fall from the sky. me driving is nothing." "Amelia, no." "You can't tell me what to do." She says narrowing her eyes at me. "I'm not letting you get a car to drive without anyone knowing where you are or what you're doing." "I don't need a babysitter 24/7 and until my dad realises that I'm getting a crappy car to drive." "No." "Yes." "No." "Yes." "No." "Pause," I say and she freezes. "You can't pause me... I'm getting a car." "Pause," I repeat, we're not arguing right now. It's not happening. "God, you're so infuriating." She goes to the fridge and grabs three beers popping them open before coming back, handing them to us both before sitting down.