13: Grounded

"What were you thinking?" My dad shouted at me. I sat on the office chair as he stood over me. He was furious. "Driving in a storm, I thought you had more common sense than that!" "Tony in her defence it wasn't really a storm when she left." Peppa tried to defend me but dad was so angry. She had texted me prior to y return that he was infuriated with me. I can't lose her. I felt guilty hearing his thoughts, he was worried about me. 

Nat and I were held up in the hotel room for two days. We didn't argue but we didn't say a word to each other either. She kissed me and I know she did it to distract herself but she made things really awkward between the two of us. When we got home she went straight to her room and my dad began lecturing me. "I'm sorry dad." "You're sorry? What would you have done if you lost control of the car and was in a ditch somewhere?" I looked at Peppa needing her to help me out. "Don't look at her. Look at me. I'm talking." He redirected me and I looked eyes with him. Her puppy eyes how can I be mad at her. "You could have gotten hurt." "Nat was there." "Natasha, you and her are so back and forth I'm wondering if you're plotting each others deaths." He snapped. "I'm not a killer," I warned him. "Car privileges are taken from you." "Dad!" "Tony that's not fair." "what's not fair is her disappearing in the middle of the night and me worrying whether or not she is dead!" He snapped at Peppa. I shrunk back in my seat. "Please stop shouting," I say softly, memories were running through my head and i needed them to stop and I couldn't focus on that with him shouting triggering them to come forward. "Keys." He held his hand out in front of me. I went in my bag and handed the keys over. "Phone." "No." "This isn't up for discussion. I want your phone." 

I cant give him my phone. If Yelena needs me I need to know. Or if she texts and dad sees. Shit. "Amelia. I'm waiting." "Dad, please." I tried again. "Take the car but my phone." "You have no friends what do you need it for?" "Harsh." "Amelia give me the phone." I slammed it on the desk and stormed out of the room. 

I run up the stairs and burst through Natasha's door. She was changing. "Where's your phone?" I asked looking around for it. "Knocking would be great." She resorts back. "Nothing I've not seen before. Where's your phone?" I asked her again. She got it out of her bedside table and tossed it me. 

"Lena it's me, don't hang up," I say into the phone after dialing the number. "Do not call us," I say clearly before hanging up quickly. "What was that about?" "Dad took my phone and my keys," I say flopping on my old bed. "So you're stuck here?" "Yeah. Pretty much." 

"Can we talk about-"I'd rather not," I say. "Okay." She replied. "But you're not mad." "No. We do crazy things when we're upset." I shrugged. "Did the boys at the hotel-"Don't want to talk." I sit up and go to leave. "Wait." I looked at he over my shoulder. "Thanks for looking out for my sister." I nodded. "She's my friend." I shrugged before leaving. 

-------

"So you're grounded? Tony Starks golden child is grounded." Peter teased. I was in his room spinning on his desk chair as he was teasing me. "That's why I need you to go do something stupid so I can be reinstated as the favourite teen," I tell him. "I just got in his good books after breaking the suit." "Please Peter." "Whats in it for me?" I think for a minute. "I'll do your dinner duty for a week." "Two and my laundry duty." He bargains. "One week both chores. Or Two weeks one chore." I tell him. "One week both chores." We shake on it. 

"HEY, Mr Stark. I lost caps shield." He called out so casually as he left the room. I hear my dad curse under his breath, I smirk in victory and skip down the hall to Wanda's room only to be stopped by Peppa. "You can't use Peter as a way to get out of trouble." "He lost it, he was just admitting to it," I say innocently. "What are you up to?" "Nothing." "So if I was to go through your phone there would be nothing incriminating on there?" She raised an eyebrow. "Nope. Nothing." I say confidently, I was a good liar perks of the training. "You cling to this thing like your life depends on it." She held my phone up pulling it from her jean pocket. I reached for it. "Nope." She put it back in her pocket. "Tease." I pouted. "Help clean the lounge and it's yours." "Did dad say so?" "I trump dad." I raised an eyebrow. "We're miles away from anything I couldn't have you without it. Go. Sam and Bucky played popcorn war so good luck." I sighed and made a b-line for the stairs.