56: He's Sick

"This place is dope," Peter says looking around our apartment. "Yes, you have a room," I say smiling at him hearing his thoughts before he said anything. Everyone was here and I was slightly stressed we have a lot of light furniture and our family are accident-prone and everything is new. 

Today was the offical moving in date. I was no longer a memeber of the Avengers Nor was my father meaning the Stark's are out, we still fund some of the facilities and our tech is used but us physically are offically removed from it. It was sad really. I showed Peter to the spear room. "This is the spear room." "I like it." He says laying on the bed. I closed the door. "You think dad's had enough to drink?" "About three scotches ago." I nodded agreeing. "Tag team it?" He asked I nodded. Since the divorce dad has been drinking a lot and it's hard to deal with him sometimes. 

Peter and I did our handshake before going out I went to the kitchen where most people were. "Hey dad? Do you want something else to drink?" I asked him before he could pour another. "We have fresh orange juice, Water, smoothies." "No." He poured his glass. "I think you've had enough Dad." "Say that again?" "I think you've had enough?" I say tiliting my head confused. "That last part." "Dad?" "Exactly I am your father you do not tell me when I've had enough." He threw his glass at me and I ducked and it shattered against the wall behind me. 

"Baby." "I'm good." I say holding onto Nat's arm she had stretched out. "Dad? I think you've had enough." I walk over and take the bottle from him with a little bit of a fight and then poured it down the sink. "That is 50 year old scotch! Amelia you don't pour it down the sink." He raised his voice I tried to keep my face strong but I cold feel my heart pounding in my chest. I hated it when he raises his voice at me. "And I am your father you stop telling me what to do." He raised his hand at me and I flinched. "Please leave my house now." Natasha says too calm for her. 

"I'll take him home Mimi." Peter tells me. "Um. No it's okay Happy is outside. I'll ride with him." I say "No you won't" Nat says firmly and I looked at her. "It's okay." "Peter can take him home." I nodded, Peter reassured me gave me a hug and held me tight. "You okay?" "He needs help." I whispered to him trying to keep myself together. "Yeah, we'll sort it okay." I nodded. "Love you." "love you." I say back before we pulled apart. He fought with Peter but eventually left with him, Bruce helped him down. 

Natasha came over to me after cleaning the glass us. "Are you okay?" "I've cut my foot." I say looking down at the blood. She lifted me up quickly sitting me on the counter and looking at my foot. "theres glass in there." "The tweezers are in the bathroom third draw." She tells Clint. "No." I say. "I don't want people in our room." "I don't want to leave you right now." "I'm fine." Our room was our space I didn't want anyone in there but us. We showed them but they didn't have a chance to look much before we moved them on. 

Nat was back quickly and she got the glass out before bandaging my foot up. "You need anything?" "Um... No. I just um... I'm going to call home and just..." I couldn't get my words out. My dad nearly hit me twice. He's a drunk. "It's okay." Nat pecked my forehead. "He nearly hit me." I whispered. "He needs help Mila." "I know... I just." She wrapped me in her arms. "Has he hurt you before?" I didn't have to say anything she knew. "Only once." I say seeing anger fill her up. "He was really drunk and he didn't mean to he sobbered up straight away and apoligised." "What did he do?" "Black eye I got from the butt of a gun in a fight?" She nodded. "It wasn't a butt of a gun and it wasn't on a mission." "Mila!" "I knew you'd be mad at him and it's not his fault." "Are you hearing yourself? This is what you did with Maria." "No this is different Maria was in control of herself. He's my dad and he's sick." "He hurt you." "I know... He just normally yells. It's not as bad as you're imagining it to be." She looked away from me. "Nat please." I cupped her face making her look at me. "It's not as bad as you're thinking." I could see what she was imagining. "It is that bad because he did it in the first place." She looked down before holding my arm up. "Did he do this to?" There was visable but very faded bruising on my arm in the shape of a hand. I thought it had faded enough to not have to wear long sleeves but my girlfriend notices everything I should have known better than to think differently.