62: Mummy Or Nat

NATASHA'S POV

Seeing my daughter with my wife was crazy to watch. Penelope was pretty much glued to Mila's side. I've been told she's not normally like this it's just because her mum was away for a few days. Mila responded to her every need despite her being in pain and weak.

I stayed in the medical room with the girls last night on the chair. Mila didn't sleep much she was too busy admiring her child laid on her chest completely on top of her. "Does she sleep with you often?" I asked. "Only on bad days." "Bad days?" "Days I'm missing you or days she's upset for whatever reason." I nodded. "She'll warm up to you, it's just confusing you know. To her, you've been in heaven and she understands that. And I promise you she knows who you are and how much you love her. I promise she knows. She's just confused." I nodded. I could tell Mila was getting a little upset. P reacted in a less than Ideal way to me and it hurt me and she knew that and I think that's why she was upset and reassuring me. "When we get home it'll be okay." "I'm going to stay in a hotel." "No." She tells me flatly. "You're coming home. I did not almost die again to have you stay in a hotel like we're not married."

"It's been 6 years Mila." She can't expect us to fall back into things. "And you're telling me the loves gone away? Because if you tell me that you're lying." "You have a daughter to think about." "She is our daughter. ours we are married and nothing has changed. I love you." "We can't just fall back to where we were." "Why not?" "6 years is why." "Then leave before you confuse her more. If you're not coming home leave now before she wakes up so I can tell her it was a dream and you're still away." She looked at me seriously. "I have got a daughter to think about. So do you, you need to think if you're ready for this Natasha because she's a lot of work and energy she takes everything from me and I don't mind giving her all that, she is my baby my little girl my world you need to make the decision for yourself if this is what you want and you can't get scared again and threw yourself off a cliff to save the world instead of thinking of your wife who scared and your daughter who was waiting for you."

"Muma." A tired voice pierced the air. "Yes, my baby." She says keeping her head laid on her chest so she didn't see me. "Your heart sounds funny." "It's okay." I frowned at her. "Go back to sleep." "When can we go home? I miss Coco." "Coco is with MJ, so when mama's doctor says it's okay we can go straight home." "Yayy." "go back to sleep baby." She didn't even mention me. Mila watched her daughter until she was asleep again.

"Can you get the doctor to come in so I can take my daughter home?" She says coldly. "Mila." "Don't tell me I'm not well enough, I can take care of her better at home where she feels comfortable." "You need rest." "And I will rest. I've been taking care of us for 6 years." I felt guilty because she wasn't wrong I thought that P would be better off with the certainty of Mila than with the chance of both of us. But I didn't think about Mila one bit. I didn't think about all the loss she had already gone through.

"Where's your dad? He never leaves your side when you're poorly." "He died. Same day as you. So he's not here." "I'm so sorry Amelia." "It's fine... Can you get the doctor I want to take my daughter home? In fact." She started to move around on the bed holding P securely standing up with her in her arms. She laid a blanket over her. "Let's get you home my princess." She tried to pick her bag up. "Let me," I say. There was no point in arguing with her to stay because she wouldn't. "Please. Let me help." She allowed me to gather her things and help her down to the car. "Same place as before?" "Yeah." I drove them home P slept the whole journey which wasn't far 30 minutes.

Mila went to get P out of the car. "Let me," I say she looked weak and I didn't want her hurting herself or passing out after just leaving the medical wing without permission. "Just be careful with her." I nodded and cradled P in my arms her head rolled onto my chest I smiled down at her I've missed out on these moments. Mila of course grabbed the bags so it defeated the point of me carrying Penelope in.