61: Back To Work

I was standing in my office when I got the news. I never planned on going back there. When I left Shield last year to focus on P and Stark industries I didn't think I would have to go back. "Mimi?" Peppa called my name and I looked towards her. "We need to get the girls out of here." "Mimi think about this." "There's not much to think about Peppa. Thanos is back and he has the stone the only way to do this is with power and I am the only one with that power. We don't have time to time travel and fight and dive off cliffs for the greater good." "Amelia last time... You almost... You have a little girl now you can't." "If I don't do this my little girl could be gone. What am I supposed to do?" I looked at her.  

"I need to go to HQ," I say looking around my office for my belongings. "Amelia think about this." "I have. And I'm doing it. If I don't... Tell her I love her and she's special and I need this for her." "Amelia." "No. Please. You have to promise me." "Let them deal with it it's not your problem anymore." "Yes, it is. They're my family and I'm the only one who can do this. So it is my problem." 

"Muma!" P ran into my office holding her school bag Happy followed her in. "Baby!" I crouch down and hug her tightly. "Happy picked me up early from school" "I know... Were you good for him?" I asked looking up at Happy and he nodded. "Mamas got to go away for a while." She frowned. She was 6 now and in school and she was doing well at dance and she was smart. Her big green eyes filled with tears. We've still never spent longer than a school day apart. "You'll be okay, you'll be with Morgs and Nanny and Happy and they'll take care of you." "But when will you be back?" I stroked her hair off of her face. "I don't know," I whispered to her not trusting my voice if I spoke any louder. "Will you be gone like mummy?" She asked her tears falling. "Maybe not... Muma's going to fight to be back with you. And I won't give up until I am okay." "But I don't want you to go muma." It break my heart hearing those words I promised her the day I brought her home I'd always be there, I'll always put her first but she can't see that I am. I'm doing this so she is safe. "I don't want to go either but I have to. Remember when I told you that mummy and I was superheroes." She nodded. "Well, I've got to go back and do that for while." She touched my neck the burn scar that I had gotten used to. "I don't want you to." She pouted. 

"P I got to..." "NO!" "Penelope, I need to go or you could hurt and I don't want you to get hurt. So you're going to listen to Nanny and Happy and they're going to keep you and Morgs safe." She nodded. "I promise you I will not stop fighting to get back to you." I gave her an Eskimo kiss. "I love you 3000." She whispered. "I love you 3000." I kissed her forehead before pulling her into me and holding her tight. I squeezed my eyes shut as the tears spilt over and my emotions took over but I tried my best to hide them from my daughter who was already upset and distressed enough. "I got to go now." Peppa came over and peeled her from my body. She was calling out for me as I rushed out of the building. 

---------

"Agent Romanoff." I was greeted and handed my old case. "You sure about this?" Fury asked me. "Natasha didn't die for him to take my little girl," I tell him firmly. "I'll be in the jet in a few," I say going through to my office and changing into my suit. I braided my hair back like I used to wear it for every mission in two dutch braids so it stayed out of my face. I climbed on the yet to be met with my old team. 

"Good to have you back Kid," Clint says in his usual seat. He nudged his head to Nat's seat. "I know you know how." "I never learned," I say standing back. "You watched her, that's all you need to do. I know that and you know that." I slowly took her seat and did my belt together. I went through the memories of Nat flying this thing and slowly pieced together an instruction guide on it. I take a deep breath and look at Clint giving him a small nod and we were up in the air. 

I kept going through all the memories of her flying this so I could do it correctly. I hated seeing her. It made it hard for me to focus but I had no choice right now my daughter's life depended on it so I pushed out the longing thoughts and the heartache and left earth to fight a douche bag alien that looked like he had a ball sack for a chin.