52: Going Dark

AMELIA'S POV

My mind felt free, this past week has been pure bliss, I could recall things easily so quickly not having to think and be trapped in an endless cycle of not knowing what the hell was going on and what people were talking about. Dad was still being dad but I expected as much everyone else has gone back to normal.

I started training again and my evaluation was at the end of next week. Natasha's was today she wasn't to thrilled about it either. "We can go out tonight." I encourage as she brushes her teeth in the door way of the bathroom. "Don't want to." "Natasha, you're making it hard." I sigh. "You're going to pass and we'll be back at work together by the end of the month." "And if I fail again." "Why would you fail? You were upset because I was ill and now I'm not. You'll pass it." She turned back into the bathroom. I tried not to get frustrated with her because I knew she was not feeling herself completely. I think when she gets back to work she'll be okay she's just been sat inside nursing me for far too long and she's unhappy. When she goes back to what makes her happy she'll get back on track. Unless it's bigger than that. 

"Unless you're not telling me something?" I get up and go into the bathroom and lean against the doorframe watching her. "I'm not hiding anything from you." She says moving around the bathroom getting ready for her evaluation. She tried to walk past me into the bedroom but I stopped cupping her face I brush my thumbs across my cheeks. "Baby?" She burst into tears, I was in a shock for a second but wrapped her in my arms. This isn't like her, she doesn't simply break down. Not at something like that.  "What's going on?" She shakes her head she didn't want to talk.

"We're staying home today." I lead her to my bed and sit her down. "I need to go in." "No, not like this. You're stay home and I'm going to take care of you." She wasn't leaving my side today she needed comforting and taking care of. I didn't realise how deep into the dark she had slipped. "I don't need you." She shoved me pretty harshly I fell back onto my hands. We looked at each other. Her eyes went from dark to fear in a split second as she realised what she had done.  "Never do that again," I say as I stand to my feet. "I'll be back." "Amelia." "I'll be back," I say as calmly as I could. 

I go to the office and use the phone that goes directly to Fury. "Hello, whom am I speaking with?" "Amelia Stark." "Lovely to hear from you Agent Stark. How are you feeling?" "I'm good, I need to reschedule Natasha's appointment today." "And why is that?" I didn't think he'd ask why? Um what do I say? "Training injury."  I say. "what?" "Back injury." "Okay, well get her to medical and we can reschedule later." "Okay, thank you. Bye." "Looking forward to having you back next week Agent Stark." "Itching to come back Agent Fury." I smiled, I really couldn't wait to get back on the feild. "That's what I like to hear."

-------

I walked through the door and I was pulled into her chest. "I'm sorry I didn't mean to." I was tensed in her embrace. "I'm sorry." "I canceled your assessment. You have a back injury by the way." She needed to know what I said incase she was asked. "Thank you." I held her back finally relaxing under her touch she was just upset. "Please don't do that again." I tell her softly. "I won't." I nodded. "Peppa and Morgan have been staying here, so we could go to the apartment today? Talk, cook, movies."

"I don't want to talk." "Okay that's fine. Do you want to stay here or the apartment?" I didn't want to push her she was already on the edge as it is. "Apartment." "I'll drive up, we can stay over." She nodded. "Do you still have clothes there?" "Yeah." "Let me just change quickly and we can go." "I'm going to change too." We both changed into comfys and I went looking for Coco, Morgan was at school she can give her up for one night, she was my puppy first.

"You ready baby?" Nat nodded. She was going dark... I knew what was happening the look in her eyes made me realise and that's why I was so set on her not having her evaluation today. She would have failed it and it would have set her back even further than she already was. I drove us to the grocery store first to get some food for the house we also picked some board games up for a change of activity. It'll be entertaining Nat's super competitive. If she gets the energy to participate that is.