11: Family

I lay on my bed listening to my dad arguing with Fury. I was tired of it, it's been days. "Hey," Natasha said as she came into the room. I haven't spoken to her since I asked about the red room. She always says hello to me when she comes into the room no matter how much I ignore her. I felt bad but I couldn't bring myself to forgive her. 

"I need your help." She sat on my bed. I sat up and pulled my legs to my chest. "I need to borrow your phone." "Yelena doesn't want to talk to you," I tell her already knowing what this was about. "She kept our pictures." "Because you meant something to her," I say clearly. "Not everyone walks away," I say under my breath.

"I'm so over your shit." She snaps. "You're over my shit? I was over your shit before I even saw you again. So just imagine where I'm at with it now." "I did what I did to survive." "At the cost of your sisters life. It was selfish." "Well you stayed and you still couldn't save your sister so." She shrugged. I looked at her in disbelief did she really just say that to me? "At least I tried to save her and protect her, you walked away and let her fall to her death." "But she didn't my sister is alive and yours is dead." "You never change," I say getting out of my bed. "I never change? You're still stick on something that happened when we were kids." "No Natasha. We were kids, you were 18! You knew right from wrong. And none of us were ever fricking kids." I shoot back.

"You've made mistakes too." "Not any that left my sister alone wondering if I ever cared about her." "She knew I cared about her." "Did she?" "Did you even try and save your sister? Or did you stand there watching her get beaten to death." "Of course I tried. I'm not a monster!"

TONY'S POV

I paused from my argument with Fury holding my hand up silencing him. I could have sworn I heard Natasha and Mimi arguing which they haven't done for a long while, not loud enough for us to hear them anyway. The shouting was followed by something breaking. And then something else and then footsteps.

"She's a psycho and I'm going to kick her ass if you don't keep her away from me," Mimi said coming into the kitchen with a cut on her head, blood trickling down the side of her face. "And I'm the dangerous one." She said to Fury before continuing towards the lab. Natasha came down and she was in shock. "I'm sorry." She said when she saw my face. "Where is she?" "No," I tell her. "You go upstairs fix whatever you broke and stay out of my sight," I warned her. I was enraged, she hurt my baby girl. "I don't care what you were arguing about you do not lay your hands on my little girl! Am I clear!" "Tony." "No Natasha! You two argue all the time. I get it stuff happened neither of you want to talk about it! Whatever. But you do not hurt my baby girl! She's been through enough. Get out of my sight before I say something I regret."

She went off upstairs with her head hung low. I turned back to Fury. "You were saying?" I asked him placing my hands on the counter leaning forward. He didn't say anything. "If she was dangerous she would have lost control when she lost her temper. She didn't. Someone whom you respect very much was the one who lost control. So. You were saying?" I asked him again. "I'll bring the paper work over." "I'm glad you reevaluated your decision." "I want update everytime she gets control of a new stone. And everytime she uses them I need it documenting to the highest degree, what she did, how she did it the after-effects on her and whatever she used them on." "That's just not feasible." I tell him. "The mind stone is in use all the time, it's impossible for her to sit and write out every single thought she hears." "The time stone, reality stone, the soul stone and the power stone. I want documenting." "Space?" "And space." "Done." I agreed, that wouldn't be happening but he didn't need to know that.

When he left I went to check on my daughter she was sat with her headphones on laid on the sofa in the lab. "Princess?" I tapped her shoulder and she sat up and took her headphones off looking at me. I brushed her hair off her face and looked at the cut, it looked a lot worse early I guess the blood wasn't helping. "It's just a scratch." She says pushing my hand away. "What were you arguing about?" "Typical Natasha and Amelia things." She says I sit beside her and squeeze her knee. She needed to start opening up. I get she had been through some shit but she can't keep brushing it off. She needed to open up and talk about what she went through.