60: Penelope

"P!" I called out. "We got to go princess," I say as I made sure I had everything I needed for the day in my bag. P walked in holding her doll, Coco following behind her. "Muma help you put your shoes on?" I asked my three year old. She nodded reaching up for me. I placed her on the kitchen counter and slipped her shoes on I already had waiting. It's the same every morning.  

I tied her laces on her boots and helped her into her coat zipping it up. "You ready?" "Ready." She smiled at me. I stuck my thumb up and she copied. "Come on Coco." She says when I placed her down walking to the front door. I grabbed my bag and P's bag too before going to the door and unhooking my key's. I lead the girls out. "Wait, Coco." P instructed and she listened. I locked the house up before taking my daughter's hand and walking her to the car. I strapped her in securely and made sure Coco was okay before climbing in the car and driving to work.

"Morning Agent Romanoff." "Morning." I greeted the front desk signing us before heading to see Nick. "You ready to see Pops?" I asked her as she sat on my hip getting excited. "Yeah!" She started kicking her legs showing me her excitement. "I'm sure he'll be just as happy to see you too," I say with a smile. We get to his floor and she wriggles out of my arms and runs to the door. "Edith open Director Fury's door," I say and it opens, my toddler thinks she has super strength at this point. "Pops!" She cheered I smiled at the sweet encounter that happens twice a week when I come into work. "Penelope!" He cheered picking her up. I closed the door behind me once Coco came in. "I missed you." She says sweetly having only seen him on Monday it was now Thursday. It's the same routine every week and she still says she misses him every time. She was just so adorable it made me melt. 

"How are you doing Mimi?" Nick asked. "Good, we went swimming yesterday," I tell him and he smiled nodding. "You any good?" "I can swim all the way." He looked at me and I shake my head. She thought she was swimming, I was holding her tummy and walking with her whilst she splashed about in the water, she loved it either way. "Wow, that's so cool!" He told her. And she nodded. 

"I'll keep her whilst you go to the meeting." He tells me. "Thank you," I say. "Coco too." "She's easier to tend with than P these days." I chuckled. Coco was the perfect pet, she walks beside me without a leash she doesn't make a mess or bark, she gives the best cuddles and she's well behaved. P is a toddler and she is touching everything, running everywhere and talking none stop which I love but at work, it's hard to concentrate. I hate being away from her that's why she comes with me to work. 

Monday and Thursdays were at HQ which she loves, there are so many people to talk to her and she thinks she's in charge which I found adorable when she bosses the agent's around. Coco is her little sidekick. Everyone loves her here. Then Tuesday and Friday I'm at Stark tower which is her future. She knows it too. On her art desk, it has a name sign that reads CEO in training. Clint got it for her and she thinks it's the best thing. We told her it said, Boss Baby. Because she has no clue what CEO means. Then Wednesday and the weekend are fun days there muma and P day's no work well no work in the offices if there's an emergency I will answer my phone obviously but I avoid it like the plague. It works for us, Penelope is getting the attention she needs all day every day, she has fun and she's always smiling and laughing. 

--------

"Love you 3000," I whispered to P as I kissed her forehead, she fell asleep when I was telling her a bedtime story. I tucked her in switched her lamp off and left for downstairs. I had too much housework to do. I cleaned the lounge and packed P's toys away in the playroom. I'm not strict about where she plays with them she's a kid she's going to want to play and I don't want her to grow up scared to play or feeling like she was restricted to where she was allowed to go. Yes, this makes cleaning up a bigger task but I know my daughter is happy and comfortable in her own home. The only thing we have rules on is messy play that is strictly down in the playroom but she has a good arts and crafts space in there. I didn't fancy trying to pick glue out of my rugs or wipe the paint off the walls every time she plays. Cleaning her down after arts and crafts is a big enough task. She loves painting herself and not paper. She'll have it everywhere. I have so many photos of her covering in various different colours of paint. I turn my back for a second and she's like flash covered in paint it amazes me and amuses me every time she does it.