57: Mrs Romanoff

"Agent Romanoff?" I looked up from my computer. "Mr Stark is here to see you." "I'll be out in a minute," I say with a smile, I wish from the computer the tablet so I can walk with my work to meet my dad at the front office. 

"Hey, dad." I hugged him my eyes still on my tablet. My team was out in the field and I was making sure they were safe. "How are you feeling?" He asked me. "I'm good, I'll be with you in two minutes, follow me," I say still making a get out for my team. I touch my earpiece. "Agent Shane? Are you copying me?" "Yes, Agent Romanoff." "On your left," I say opening up a portal and they all come running out. "Good job guys." I smiled at them checked them over. "Go to medical get checked and then I want the mission reports on my desk by the end of the day." "You got it." They replied. "Oh, and can I have that hard drive please." "Yeah." I got handed the hard drive they went to retrieve fr their mission. "I'll speak with you all soon, thank you, you did great." 

I lead my father to my office. "Impressive." "Thanks," I say he got the door for me. I uploaded the files and began sorting through it files on the hard drive. I needed some information from it. "How are you coping?" I asked him looking up for a brief second he had sat down in a chair in front of me. "I'm doing good, Princess." I smiled at him. "Good, I'm really proud of you dad." "I'm sorry." "We're not here to talk about that. We're here to go to dinner. So just give me a second to finish this." I say typing quickly and analysing the data and information in front of me. I found what I was looking for. "I'm going to run this to Fury and then get changed and I'll be good to go." "Or you could walk nicely." "Right, yeah. I forget." I say resting my hand on my bump. I was only 4 months so it wasn't so big yet but big enough where I don't fit in my suit's for missions anymore. "I'll take it to Fury's office, you take a second to breathe and get changed and I'll meet you in the parking lot." "Thanks, dad." He pecked my head.

Nat and I got married last year, a year after our engagement and then we decided it was time to start our family. She was going to step down in the Avengers when our baby was born and I was going to take a few months out to recover and be with our baby before returning back to the deputy director role. Nat was ready to retire from the Avengers, she was 30 now she was ready to settle down and be a mum. I was ready to be a mum but I also wanted to work and with Nat being at home full time I could do both. Right now I was on desk duty, I wasn't risking anything to do with this baby I wasn't going into the field not even for intel missions because they're always a possibility of it turning physical and I wasn't risking it. 

I changed into my office and called Nat as I walked to the parking lot. "Hey, baby." "Hey." She said happily through the phone. "I'm just walking to the car now." "Okay, we'll we're all here." "Yeah, I assumed so I had to get the team out pretty last minute they were closing in." "I assumed so... Did you get what you needed?" "Yeah, I did send it to Fury before I got changed." "How the little one?" "They're doing good. No sickness today." I say smiling. "Goodbye Agent Romanoff." I waved and continued to exit the building. "I'll never get used to them calling you that." I chuckled. "We've been married almost a year now." I remind her. "I know it's just weird... You're a Stark." "Well, now I'm a Romanoff." I could just picture her stupid smile spreading across her face right now happy that I said that I belong to her. "Anyway gotta go I'm at the car. I'll be 20 minutes." "Adore you." "Adore you." We hung up and I got in the car. 

"Updated the wife?" "Yeah, she's waiting for us," I say Happy begins to drive and I answer emails whilst we drove. "Don't turn into me, Amelia." He told me, taking my phone. "Pardon?" "Work will consume you and you will lose everything." "I'm answering emails." "It starts with that and then it will turn into answering work calls at dinner, meetings on important dates until it's work and nothing else." "It's an email on a car journey." "Mimi, I'm trying to help you... Look at me and Peppa. I've been there Mimi, I know how it goes and you have a little one on the way." he rested his hand on my belly. "You need to be careful." "You think she'll leave me if I work too much?" "Just don't let it consume you. I know it's my fault I left you with the company and you have big responsibilities at Shield but please don't let it consume you."