17: Party

I don't know what is worse, arguing with Amelia all hours of the day or being completely ignored by her. She wasn't just doing the normal type of ignoring where she wouldn't answer my questions, she wasn't giving me death glares or the silent treatment she would practically look through me like I was transparent to her. She didn't react to me when I walked into a room, or when I was leading the meetings. She handed in her notes from the meeting as she was meant to be taking them that day and she handed me a piece of paper with flowers drawn on it. Like she hadn't heard a single word I said and on the back was a math equation for something tony mentioned in the meeting.  

It was the day of the party meaning it had been 6 days since I last spoke to her. And we were doing so good. We even said bye to each other and not in a way that was like I'm done with you. It was genuine I'll see you later. And I ruined it. I broke her trust again. 

We were waiting in the lounge for everyone to be ready to leave. Peppa and Tony were here, Wanda and Bucky were and the rest were still getting ready. I know Peter left earlier to go pick his friend up. Amelia walked in and she looked amazing. She wore the heels she was so excited about and a dress that hugged her body perfectly like it was made for her. 

(Dress on Maia (left))

"When did she grow up. I want my little girl back." Tony mumbled to Peppa. "You look so beautiful, sweetie." She told her, she looked down at her feet and blushed a little. "It's not too much? I have a different dress." "No, you look perfect," Bucky told her, they shared a small look. Wait am I missing something? Are they... No. They're just friends. They had to me because if they weren't I really missed something. And Wanda would be crushed completely. 

"You ready to go, Mimi," Tony asked. "I just need to text Matty," she says. "Okay." Tony looked a little on edge. "She's 19 it was bound to happen." "I assumed it would be with someone within these walls, not someone she met sneaking out. Which reminds me, I need to update our security system." "Why bother you know she's smarter than you." Peppa teased. 

"Sir the car's ready." Happy said telling the stark family they could leave now. "Mimi?" "ready." she smiled handing her phone to her hand to put in his blazer pocket for her. I waited for Steve and Sam before we left together in a different car. Clint was with his wife and Bruce was already there having left earlier today for the city for work. 

----------

"Natasha Hi." Mason hugged me. I went stiff. "We don't know each other," I whispered to him. "Right. I've heard so much about you." "You have?" Clint questioned. "You're the chick my friend hates right?" He smirked teasing me. "That would be correct," Clint says. Clint knew everything but the Mason piece to the puzzle. If he worked out that Mason or Matty was the key to how Yelena has been getting away he may report it. He was my friend before he was a team member so I hoped he wouldn't go behind my back after I told him everything but you can never fully trust anyone. Not in this industry, there's always a bad guy and there's always a good guy who turns out to be the bad guy.