18: Mac And Cheese

"Ready?" I asked Amelia. She nodded and I kicked the hotel door in. "You know there's this thing called Knocking, you should try it," Yelena said sarcastically stood there holding a gun at us. "I told you," Amelia said strolling into the room closing the door that wouldn't stay closed anymore. Oops. Amelia was so calm and collected, I thought she'd be a lot more agitated nervous, annoyed. 

"What do you want?" "You know what we want," I say holding my gun out. "I thought I told you to keep her away from me." She says turning to Amelia. "I don't assign the missions," Amelia says picking up a bowl that was on the bed. "This is good mac and cheese." Is this girl for real? "What?" She asked me. "You're eating mac and cheese whilst we're trying to arrest someone." She rolled her eyes. "We're not arresting her. We'll stay here for a while pretend to negotiate with her, she'll kick our asses and then run off and we'll go back empty-handed." She says. "So cool it with the guns, I'm trying to enjoy this." She says casually. 

Yelena looked at me confused. "Amelia no. We're taking her in we discussed this." "You discussed this I stopped listening when I heard. Hey Amelia I was thinking." She mocked. I raised an eyebrow. "Seriously you should try the mac and cheese. Is this hot sauce in it?' She asked Yelena. "Amelia this is it. This is happening." She tells her, putting her gun in her waist band. Amelia has been questioned if she was purposefully letting Yelena go by fury at HQ three times and she's under investigation it has gone too far this time. She will get suspended. I don't think she understands the gravity of the situation. "No, it's not. You're going to find Mason at the dock and he's going to get you out of here." "And go where?" "I don't care as long as it's not in this country go where ever the hell you want." 

The room was quiet. "What did you two think was happening?" She asked confused. "We'd fight to the death. I lose, you guys take my body back, she loses you take me back in handcuffs and Nat's dead worthless body." Ouch. Amelia started to laugh. Like hysterically laugh. "And you thought I'd sit back and let you kill each other?" She asked with a head tilt. "Oh please." She waved her hand and fixed the door. "Wait? How?" Yelena asked. "Wiggly woo's." She replied bored. 

"There's another option," I say. They both looked at me. "You take the offer." "What offer?" "Come back with us, pass the evaluation and work your way up at the compound." "That where you are?" She asked I nodded. "Not a chance. Never happening not in a million years." Yelena says taking her food back from Amelia who pouted. "See so we're back to option one," Amelia says standing up and lowering my gun for me. "She's your sister. Stop." She warned me. I put it away. "Amelia this has to happen today. You're going to get suspended then what are you going to do? Yelena will be alone. Morgan will be alone." "I've taken preparations for both of them. I paid Yelena's tab with Mason she can do as she wishes with his help. And Morgan she has Morgan she was fine without me before she'll be fine without me now. So if they want to suspend me and lock me away let them. I couldn't care less because I don't turn my back on my friends even if you do." She says losing her temper slightly but bringing it back in.

"No. Morgan will not be okay without you. She asks for you every morning. She comes finds you when she's scared after a nightmare." "And she finds Peter too. She'll be fine." She says firmly. "Anyway this isn't about me, this is about Yelena. So." She turns back to my sister who was casually laid on the bed eating her food unbothered. 

I pulled Amelia into the bathroom. "Are you serious right now?" I asked her. "Get off your self righteous horse and just think logically about this. Please. Morgan is Your sister. Leaving her is betraying the trust she has in you to come home after this mission. Yelena is my sister who already hates me so we're doing this." She had a blank look on her face. "Morgan's 7 she doesn't have a clue." "She's more clued up on the world than Sam. So." I shoot back. She rolled her eyes. "I'm not letting your sister hate you the way mine hates me. I won't allow it you've been too good to us for us to let that happen." She still had that Blank look on her face and went to walk past me to the door but I pulled her back. "stop." I tell her firmly. "Letting me do this isn't betraying Yelena's trust. She understands." "I don't care what she understands. I have my own morals." "Then you can stay in here." I pushed her into the tub she looked shocked and got up quickly the door was locked so I couldn't leave. "You just pushed me in the tub. Are you 5?" She asked. "You're not doing this." "what do you care! We aren't getting involved in each other personal life. Work-life only remembers." "And this is work." I raised a brow at her. "And we have a job to do." "I'm not letting you two shoot at each other." "We wouldn't. We love each other. We couldn't hurt each other." She looked conflicted. "My guns not even loaded." I show her the barrel it was empty. "She's my sister. And Morgan is yours and trust me you're going to want to be around."