34: Adulting

TONY'S POV

Watching my daughter train always made me proud, she worked so hard in every aspect of her life. She was alone in here, I had escaped the medical wing in a wheelchair. Steve and Clint were both outside training the rest I haven't seen yet but I assume they were sleeping off the hangover from last nights events.  

My daughter was the only one from the group that went out last night that was up. I observed her for a while as she trained she seemed okay. She rested her head against the boxing bag letting her arms fall to her side as she took some deep breaths and then she went again. She repeated this for a while. "Think you finished him." I joked. "Dad? What are you doing up, you should be resting." She took her gloves off quickly and came over to me. "I snuck out. What can I say I'm a rebel." "So that's where I get it from." She teased. 

"I thought you'd still be in bed." "Got restless, Natasha got annoyed." "Natasha?" I cocked my brows in shock. Please, god please don't let them have had drunk sex. "We didn't have drunk sex." She said with a chuckle before pushing me out of the training room. "Then my question still stands...Natasha?" "We're friends." "I know you've been getting on a little better but not sharing a bed better." "We're doing the whole friends thing. It's working for us, since staying at Natasha's mums we've been a lot better." "Really?" I nodded. "We have rules and they work for us." "What rules." "Like when we're about to argue we pause the conversation. So one of us will just go Pause or I'm no longer participating in the conversation. It gives us time to calm down first." I nodded. "And on bad days we only discuss work-related matters to avoid arguing." "I'm glad you've found a way to work together." She was taking me back to the medical wing. Sneaky.

"You need to rest dad, stop complaining." "Get out of my head." "stop complaining." She sang back, we arrived in my room and she parked the wheelchair up exchanged the IV bag before helping me to my feet and back in bed. "You should be wearing an oxygen mask." "I'm not an old man Amelia." "No, you just got lost in space for weeks and got really badly hurt!" She covered my legs with the thin sheet and then went and got an oxygen mask there was pretty much no point in arguing with her she was a Stark after all. I let her put it on me and it did help me breathe better, there wasn't as much of a strain on my lungs anymore. "Better?" I nodded.

"I'm going to go shower and then I'll bring you breakfast." She pecked my cheek before she left she got Friday to bring up my work tabs for me to see how the business was doing, she's such an angel. "Love you 3000." She exited the room swiftly after.

----------

AMELIA'S POV

I got back to my room and Nat was still asleep I adjusted the blanket so she was actually covered by it and then went to shower. I washed my hair and body before stepping out and wrapping myself in the fluffy towel. I wiped the mirror so I could see my reflection ridding it of condensation. I looked tired. My head hurt a tiny bit but I felt okay other than that. "Shoot," I say looking around the room. I left my clothes. I go back into my room and tried to be quiet, I was already kicked out this morning. 

I changed quickly in the dark to avoid waking Natasha. "I want cuddles." She mumbled I looked over my shoulder as I did my belt on my trousers she was making grabby hands at me. "I have things to do." "You have a week off." "I have a dad to take care of and a sister to feed and an office to run. There's no days off when you're a Stark." I say. "There's aspirin and water on the bedside," I tell her, going back into the bathroom to do my hair seeing as I couldn't switch the light on. 

I blew dried my hair and then added some curls to it to give it some texture. "Nat I need to turn the light on." I was kind of scared of her she was being a grouch this morning. "Okay." She buried her head under the pillows and I switched the lights on doing my make-up quickly.