58: Hi...

"Vitto," I say clearly. "I'm going on this mission Mila it's important." "You're not going," I tell Natasha firmly over the phone. "They need me I'm still their leader." "And your wife is 8 months pregnant you're not going." "Mila you're not being fair." "I'm not being fair? What if you're not back, what if something happens like last time? What if you just vanish. Natasha, I am being fair. What wouldn't be fair is letting you go and missing the birth of your child and missing out on their life and them missing out on you. I swear Natasha if you get on that Jet." "I'll be back, I'm with Bruce." I looked at Peppa. "No!" "Amelia I'm going it's my job." "No your job from now on is to be my wife and a mother!" "I'm going." "I'm ordering you not to as your boss." 

I rest my hand on my bump that is huge by the way, I forgot how big it gets, I could feel the pain start to grow. "Natasha I mean it comes to HQ now." I look at Peppa and she gestures for me to breathe, I was gripping my phone so tight I thought it might fold in half. "Natasha! Natasha." She hung up on me. "Is she serious right now?" I shout squatting to the floor in an attempt to lessen the pain. "Deep breaths it'll pass." I nodded. 

"I need to get to HQ. I need to ground their flight." I say standing up and walking out of Stark tower as if I wasn't in labour. I had time, my contractions were too far apart. "I've told her you're in labour," Peppa says resting a hand on my back. "If she goes on that jet I don't know what I'm going to do. Look what happened last time they went off the earth... Dad was missing for months. "I haven't got the energy to be searching and fixing things. Not with a baby." "She'll be at HQ waiting for you. I'm sure of it." I hope anyway. "Your thoughts are oh so comforting," I say sarcastically.  

"The hospital Mimi?" Happy asked when I slid into the car. "HQ please Happy," I say with a soft smile. "Peppa said you're in labour." "That's a loose term, I'm technically in labour but not active labour so I'm fine not to be at the hospital." "Don't try and argue with her," Peppa says. And Happy nodded pulling off and driving the short distance to HQ. 

Her car wasn't there. No Jet on the roof. I'm going to kick her ass. "Agent Romanoff. You're not meant to be here." Nick said. "Well, my wife is an idiot," I say walking beside him as I go up to my office. "What has happened?" "They need the infinity stones... Thanos is back they're going to retrieve them and I don't want my wife to go." He nodded. And the pain is back. I gripped his arm quickly and he actually responded. "You good?" He asked once it passed just as the elevator doors opened. "Peachy," I say stomping through the hallway to my office. 

I open up the programmes to track the ship. I make contact with them eventually. "Natasha Romanoff I swear to God if you're on that jet." "I told you I was going." "And I ordered you not," I warned her. "It's my job, Mila." "Are we really going to go back through this?" "We said we won't let our relationships interfere with our work." "That was before the baby Nat. We have someone else to think about. You die out there and you're leaving us both, not just me." I snapped at her. "I won't die. We're getting the stones and coming home." "I've heard that one before." I sighed sitting down and tracing my bump. 

"Did you get Peppa's message?" "I turned my phone off when I hung up." "Right...Well, I'm in labour." I couldn't hear her thoughts she wasn't close enough and it was frustrating because the silence was deafening what was she thinking. what was she doing? Was she turning around? "You don't sound like it." "I handle pain pretty well Natasha. I need you. Okay, we need you home. So please. Come home and hold my hand. I can't do this without you." "I'll be home but I'm finishing this first." "Nat." "I adore you." I closed my eyes. I was so pissed at her but I didn't want to stress our baby out. Arguing with her wasn't going to do either of us any good she needed a level head. "You know I could have had this baby and gone and helped with Thanos. You didn't have to do this." "You're three weeks early, we didn't have three weeks." "We don't have spear Natasha parts either. You're not Vision I can't just rebuild you." "I'll come home in one piece." Something in me didn't believe her something bad was going to happen. The time stone took over and there was the cold feeling this was it. "Nat you have to come home. Now. Turn around." "Amelia." "TURN AROUND!" I shout down the speaker. "Mila." "you don't understand right now but you have to come home okay. This is it. This is- Fuck!" I slammed my hands against the desk holding tightly. "Babe?" She sounded concerned. "Ahh. God." I did the breathing exercises Peppa taught me. They're definitely getting closer. Natasha kept getting to get me to reply to her but I couldn't manage it as I breathed through the pain when it settled. "Sound like I'm in labour now?" I asked through gritted teeth. "Space-time is different, I'll be home." She wasn't listening to me and I was growing more frustrated. "You need to come home. I can't believe you're doing this." "Agent Romanoff, Iron-Man Suit 592 has gone online." "What is going on?" I mumbled to myself. My dad's suit hasn't been online in years. "Nat please come home." "I'll see you soon... I promise." I squeezed my eyes shut. I prayed to the heavens above that the time stone is wrong. This isn't the cold feeling, that it's not really happening that I'm too far into the future. "Nat please," I begged tears rolled down my cheeks. "I adore you baby." I sobbed I couldn't help it. "I adore you." I managed out and the signal dropped. I covered my face with my hands.