24: Tristan

I shot up in bed breathing heavily holding a hand to my chest trying to steady myself. It was a room, just a dream. I looked to my left and Morgan was sleeping soundly hugging her teddy in a tight embrace. I looked to my right and Peter was laid in his bed asleep spread out in a star shape. He was in a deep sleep his breaths deep. It was just a dream I repeated to myself. 

I slowly climbed out of bed and covered Morgan with the sheets I had kicked off during my bed dream, I tucked her in and pecked her cheek. I tucked her hair behind her ear and slowly left the room. I go next door trying to be as quiet as I could. The cabin was smaller than the compound so we were all closer together meaning we were more likely to be heard, if my dad heard me sneaking around he'd want me to know why I was up and my hands were shaking already I couldn't see him right now I couldn't lie. 

I don't bother knocking on the door next to mine I just push it open and slip in closing it silently. "Nat?" I whispered. I didn't want her to pull her gun out on me if I startled her. "Mhmm?" She mumbled rolling onto her back. She slowly sat up I stayed by the door. "Mila?" She whispered. "What's wrong?" "I had a bad dream... I was just checking on you." I say softly still keeping my voice low. "Do you want to talk about it?" "No. Just checking." I turned to leave again she was okay, Morgan was okay Peter was okay... I could go back to sleep now. "You could stay." "Just because I forgave you doesn't mean we're friends." I snapped and I regretted it the minute I said it. I left quickly not knowing what to say, I went back to my room grabbed some clothes to change into and go into the main bathroom to change quickly. It was 5 AM I could go on a run an hour early it wasn't going to kill me. 

-------

When I was running I typically felt free like I was unattainable no one could get me to catch me. But today I felt like I was so vulnerable he could be anywhere, I felt myself moving my legs fast I was making myself run fast almost like I was being chased what if I was being chased? What if he was right behind me and-"Woah!" "Get off of me!" I shoved the arms from around me away. "Hey, Hey! It's me It's me." His hands-on my shoulders I keep fighting until I register who it is. "You good?" He asked slowly taking his hands off of me. "Sorry." "It's okay, what spooked you?" "Nothing." Bucky jogged next to me I matched his pace not overdoing it like I was before. 

"Heard you in Nat's room." "Just checking on her." "Bad dream?" I nodded looking ahead we were on the outskirts of the woods we had to duck sometimes to avoid the branches hitting our faces. "He's going to come back," I say I was certain of the fact he wasn't just going to let me go. He's come back and I'd be taken and he'd kill me and that will be it. He wouldn't let me live, not after me being out here for so long. He'll rip the stones out of my chest and find another girl to put them in and control her and then we'll never be able to take him down one because I'd be dead so I couldn't do anything anyway meaning I wouldn't be able to protect Morgan and two because he'll have the most dangerous thing in the world he can take out whole populations and that will be it he'd win and he'd take over and he'll ruin the world and he'll keep taking girls and he'll ruin them and break them and crush their spirits until they are nothing until they're empty inside and they'll be nothing, I can do because I'll be dead, I'll be dead. I'll be dead and Morgan won't have me to look after and he'll take and he'll use her I know it. He'll use her and hurt and.

"Amelia sit down, Doll." 

NATASHA'S POV

I felt around for my phone and pushed it against my ear. "This better be good," I mumbled into the speaker. "I don't know what to do... Amelia's freaking out and she's not making sense and I can't get her to sit and" "Where are you?" I cut Bucky off as I got out of bed and pulled a jacket on and my shoes. "By the woods, on the edge of the property. "What are you doing all the way out there?" "We were on a run." He defended. I leave the cabin quickly and quietly to avoid anyone else knowing. Amelia would have to explain this to her dad and he was already worried about her he didn't want her to go with us to find Alisa he was worried she'd go into overdrive and she did, clearly.