Part 39

Astrid's PoV

I woke up to the sound of locks opening. Opening my eyes, I found myself in a room with no windows, made out of hard and thick metal. They really thought of this cell for me and Astrid-proofed it. Smart, but a little obvious on how scared that bastard is.

The door opens and came in men in traditional Asian clothes or robes. One is wearing a dark blue with cranes, waves, and fishes on it, the other is wearing a lighter blue with white and oink flowers, and the last one is wearing a pink robe with flowers and fishes.
The guy in dark blue robe is holding a tray of food. He places the tray on the table at the center of the room and with his head hung low he slowly steps back to rejoin his other pals.

"Eat." He said in a thick accent.

The food includes rice, strips of fish fried and steamed, eggs cut unto flat rectangular strips, some vegetable side dishes, and lastly a pot of what I think is tea and a cup.

"Is it poisoned?" I asked, raising a brow at them.

"Not poisoned, Master Baron is not that evil." Said the man in pink robes. I just noticed how young he is compared to the two other guys. He must be around mine or Aciel's age, while the two are about fifty or sixty years old.

I inhaled the smell of food. I haven't eaten since last night. I faced a battle with my stomach empty, and the thought that Hiccup-my Hiccup is turned into a monster made me sick. Did he turn against us because of me?

Without realising it sooner, I'm already taking a bite of the eggs and strips of fish. I don't taste anything weird or feel anything so I continued, eating down until the last bite. Good thing I know how to use chopsticks or else it'll be a struggle. And gulo down three cups of the delicious tea.

"Thank you." I said, wiping my mouth.

The three men looked happy that I finished everything and took the tray away.

"Lunch will be more delicious." Said the man in light blue robes before closing the door as they left.

I look around the room, noticing that it looks like a bedroom more than a prison cell. The walls indeed are made of thick iron that even a single punch can break my fist, but the furniture and interior is more subtle. There's a sofa at the right side of the room with a lamp and a coffee table. Painting of cranes, fishes, bamboos, and animals are hung on the wall with some kind of adhesive. The bed is made of quality wood with gold engravings on it. There's also a pot on the corner of the room where... I'm supposed to pee...

Disgusting but I like the thoughtfulness. They should've just added a bathroom at least. But then again I'm a prisoner, I should be suffering, and yet I'm given luxury.

I wonder where the others are? Are they kept in the same prison room as mine? Or are they tortured? How about my brother? Sian? Are they even alive??

My thoughts are cut short when the door swung open again. Then came in two large men in uniform, holding guns, and came in a man wearing a red robe. His blue hair clashes with his outfit and his smile is rather odd.

This is the first time I could get a good look on his face. He has cat-like eyes, his double eyelids aren't that deep which makes his eyes look more cold. His mouth is wide, and while smiling he looked like he's struggling or maybe that's just the way he smiles. I have to admit he's quite handsome, and he's young.

"Did you have a good night's rest?" He ask, his voice is different from last night. He sounds gentle despite having a deep voice.

I just stared at him, letting my eyes communicate.

"I see." He smiles again, "I'll send some people to bring you clothes and help you wash yourself. Then we will talk."

He turn around, about to leave. I grabbed the nearest object from me and threw it at him only to be swatted away like a fly. The hourglass flew to the wall, bursting into tiny pieces and sad scattered on the floor.

He tutted, "That was a pretty hourglass, but it looks like you don't like it."

"Where are my comrades?" I demanded.

He turns to me, "They are fine, do not worry." Then he left, the two large men following behind him and closed the door.

A while later, two girls came in to clean the hourglass mess and two other girls come in. They handcuffed me and took me to another room. About six bodyguards surrounded us, all covering my view of what's around me. Probably hiding something and all I can see is the high ceilings. We arrived in a room where there's a large pool of steaming water. Pink flower petals floating over it, and the smell of something sweet hit my nose.

"Would you like to undress yourself or you want help?" Asked one girl.

"N-no...I can do it myself." I said.

I look around, and there's only us in here. The room has a view of a green forest down below and the ocean, but I bet the glass isn't that easy to break. I undress myself, the two girls taking my old clothes away.

This isn't the first time I'm naked with people around, but it's still embarrassing. I immediately went into the pool without even checking the temperature just to get cover.

The petals are the ones giving the sweet scent in the room. Lotus flowers and cherry blossoms if I may be correct.

I haven't had a bath like this before, and it's very refreshing. The warm water hits different along with the mild scent of flowers. It reminded me of the garden we used to have back at the Villa with my Abuelo. The memory of my brother Aciel and me running around catching dragonflies, and making flower crowns, playing pretend that we are the Alphas and second in command of our pack. It was a nice dream as a child, where our imaginations run wild, where simple problems can be fixed by the end of the day. How I wish it could be like that.

My thoughts are interrupted when I heard footsteps coming from the entrance. I turn around, covering my arms over my chest, to find Hiccup, shirtless. He didn't seem to notice my presence, maybe because of the smoke and proceeded to the other side of the pool in just a pair of trunks.

I watch as he stares at the water like he resented it before cupping some in his hands and splash it on his face. I notice he's got tattoos. Dragon scales tattoos covering his left side of the back and left arm. His hair is longer, and kept in a low ponytail. I don't want to admit but he's hot in his new form, but I miss the old Hiccup...my Hiccup.

"You can stop staring now." He suddenly speaks, then turn his head towards my direction.

My hands wrap around me, making sure I'm hiding my chest appropriately.

"You don't have to cover it up, it's like I haven't seen them before." He say walking towards me, and I think I saw a smirk.

"Don't come any closer." I threatened, glaring at him.

He stops, the fog failed to hide his green eyes that I long for so long to see again. He's not the scrawny boy I fell in love with anymore. His presence doesn't feel like it anymore.

I look away, when I realized I was staring at him "What are you doing here? I don't want to see you."

He says, "I didn't even know you're here until now."

His eyes stares at mine, for a moment I thought I saw the old Hiccup, on how he stares at me, I almost gave it that I wanted to hug him, kiss him, and cry to him, but I got called, and said I have to return to my chambers.

"I'll see you around." He said coldly and turn away.