Part 17

Astrid's PoV

"Aw c'mon Astrid, I'm sure you're glad deep inside someone visited to check on you." He says with a grin.

I roll my eyes, "Don't bother, I don't need your presence anyway."

His grin disappears and suddenly his face becomes serious. He suddenly walks towards me, I was about to step back when he suddenly pulls me and Axcel into his embrace taking me by surprise.

"I was worried when I heard from my Dad about what happened to you last night," he says in low voice. "So I rushed here after classes when I learned Sir Alejandro is taking charge of you for now."

I don't know what to say. I just stand there being in his embrace. He would not have let go of me if Axcel didn't suddenly cried.

Good boy Axcel.

I calmed my brother down and gladly he did so easily, he must've felt suffocated. "You almost killed my brother." I told Sian with a deadly tone.

"I didn't mean to." He said and patted Axcel's head.

He suddenly asked if he could carry him. I look at him hesitant, but he smiles at me like he's pleading. I sigh and carefully handed him my brother.

"Hey little guy." He said to Axcel while taking him.

At first I thought Axcel would cry because an unfamiliar person is carrying him, but he didn't, and stayed calm.

Sian started doing baby talk, replying to Axcel's babbles like having a conversation.

I can't help but smile at the sight. I didn't know Sian's good with kids. He handled my brother so smoothly. He even made that tossing in the air that made Axcel laugh so loud of excitement.

"Look at big sis," he then made Axcel face me. My baby brother suddenly smiled so wide. "Big sis is pretty right? When you grow bigger, you will protect her, okay?"

I look at Sian's happy face. He really looks happy while playing with my brother.

When Axcel finally had a nap after their playtime, Sian and I are quiet while I feed my brother with his formula.

"You look like a young mother with your brother." Says Sian.

I look at him with a stop-joking-with-me look.

"I'm not joking, your brother looks like your son." He chuckled.

"I'm not going to have kids." I told him.

"Why so?" Sian's face went curious.

"Kids are not easy to handle. I'm gonna be busy in the future, and having kids is not my top priority." I told him.

"You can't say what holds in the future, who knows, you might like having kids." He says.

I shrugged, "I'm not focused on that for now."

Silence again.

I didn't say anything. I don't want to talk to him anyway.

"I'm really glad you're all alright." Sian suddenly says. "Whoever those men are working for, I want to kill him."

"You don't have to worry, Dad and the council's working on it." I say. "They won't need our help, not until they tell us to help."

"I know." He says.

Sian didn't stayed for dinner because his Dad wanted him to accompany him in a party. Good though because I don't want to lose my appetite during dinner if I see him.

Abuelo and I are sitting quietly at the dining room while eating. Axcel's still asleep but I didn't left him in hid room, I strap him on his stroller as he sleeps so that I could watch over him while I eat.

"You won't be patrolling tonight." Abuelo says. "You have to sleep early because tomorrow you will have your training."

"Training, Abuelo?" I ask.

"I will be training you for the week you're here, I'll prepare you in case a war is going to happen." He says.

I dropped my spoon, "War?? What do you mean??"

"No one knows what's going to happen if our enemy will not stop, I know it will not stop at the raid in the Manor, and I know he's after you." Abuelo said, finishing his dessert then look at me with serious eyes.

"Who is this guy? Why won't you tell me?" I ask a bit furious now.

"He's Alastair." Abuelo says. "That's all you have to know for now."

He stands up and turn to the door. "Training tomorrow at six." He says before leaving the dining room.

Alastair. So that's his name.

After dinner we returned to our room. Axcel's still asleep and I know he'll wake up a little later from him long nap so I better get some rest.

I put him in his crib that Abuelo prepared and I lay in my bed staring at the ceiling.

Whoever this Alastair is, I won't let him have me. It's a fight that he wants then it's a fight he'll get.