Part 37 (short pt. 1)

Astrid's PoV

I stand in the shadows of a ruined building, clutching on to the dog tag necklace around my neck, running my thumb on the laser print name on the metal as we waited for the moment to come.

Three years. Three exact years since everything fell apart, for Berk and for myself.

I wish you were here...

I squinted my eyes and shake the thought off.

Focus Astrid, you can't get distracted now.

"You don't look fine." I turn around to see Sian, walking towards me.

"I was never fine." I say and turn my back at him. "I will never be."

I felt Sian's hand on my shoulder and he lightly squeeze it. "I know it's hard with what happened, and I'm sorry I wasn't there to give aid."

I shook my head. "No, it was my fault, I let my guard down." I say.

"You wouldn't be like that if Hiccup would be here." He say.

I took a deep breath at the mention of the name. Hiccup. I haven't heard anyone say that name for three years now.

"I'm sorry." Sian say.

"It's fine." I say, trying to sound like it didn't affect me at all.

"I'll go back to my post." Sian say and kissed me on the head and walks away.

I hold back the tears that threatened to come out. I can't be vulnerable now, but even if I deny it I'm still hurt, like nothing else existed but the pain it caused me.

Three years ago, I was having the time of my life with the person I decided to spend my whole life with, with the mate I chose for myself no matter the abnormalities. It was perfect, but like sleep, in the blink of an eye I woke up from reality that he and I wouldn't be together like we planned.

I love you forever. Was his last words. I hold on to it as I live, but it didn't do anything and just hurt me to the core.

"I can sense people coming." Jack say in my communicator who are in the front lines.

"Everyone get ready." I say, boring my claws in my palms.

BANG! BANG! BANG!

I heard a series of gunshots from down below.

"What's going on? I thought no one will fire until they do?" I ask my comrades in my communicator.

"Aciel suddenly shoots without warning," Elsa say. "He said he saw someone... someone that made him lose his concentration."

"Little sis, I think you have to get down here." Aciel say in an unsure tone.

Curious of what's going on I jump off the building and landed on my two feet, my soles making crunching sounds as it landed on small chunks of rubble.
I walk over to the others and to Aciel and Jack's side.

"What's going on?" I ask them. But I get no response, the look on their faces are in shock, like they just saw something unexpected.

I followed where they're looking at and I see a silhouette of a tall man coming towards us.

"Who are you?" I ask out loud.

No response, but the silhouette is getting closer and closer until he finally stopped, the light from the moon showing the lower half of his body while the upper half stayed in the shadows.

I step forward, my hands clenched on my sides, "I repeat, who are you?"

"I could say the same thing to you." Says a voice of a man.

"Come out and fight," I ordered. "Don't be a coward."

He suddenly chuckled, "I like the sharpness of your tongue." He say.

I suddenly felt his presence. A strong scent of an Alpha enters my nostrils, he doesn't smell like the other Alphas from the outside, he smells pleasant yet intimidating, even with his face hidden away I can feel the sharp stares he's giving me. He's a big threat, I can feel it.

"I have no time for nonsense talks," I say. "Come out or I'll have to crush you myself."

He chuckles again and took a step forward. "Be careful what you're saying miss, or you'll regret it later."

He took another step into the light and the first thing I saw was a pair of green eyes looking straight into mine.
My heart almost stopped beating when I see his face.
I can't believe it.
Those green eyes that looked like the forest that always leave me mesmerised, I can't believe I get to see them again.
I inhaled sharply and felt tears forming in my eyes, I can't breathe properly.

I felt a lump on my throat as I tried to speak the words I wanted to say.

"Y-you... you're..." I stammered, unable to finish what I'm saying.

"What's wrong? Haven't seen anyone like me before?" He say, cocking his head to the side with a sly smile.

He has that flare in his smile just like...

"Hiccup."

__________________________

Boring? I know. I'm getting rusty at writing recently.
Tell me what you think, and what do you think will happen in the future of this story.

Lovelots,
Lizzie.