Part 40

Astrid's PoV

This guy...I forgotten his name and I don't care, is probably nuts. He kidnapped me, only to be bathe in a pool, and offered to dress me up for a lunch meeting.
When I arrive back in my chambers, I found a white box lying on the bed with my name on it. Inside, is a red tank top, a black coat and pants, and a pair of black designer pumps.

The ladies following me dressed me up, styled my hair in a bun that goes with the semi-formal wear I'm wearing, and handcuffed me afterwards. I look good except the shiny silver bracelets.

They lead me down the hallway once again, this time no bodyguards. We stop in front of a pair of large wooden doors with dragon engravings on it. They told me to stay there for a moment and removed my handcuffs.

"Aren't you afraid that I might escape?" I ask them, massaging my red wrists.

"Guards are roaming everywhere," said the girl walking next to me on the left, "and you wouldn't dare, the Master will punish you bad."

"How bad?" I ask.

The girl on the left motions for her companion at my right. She lift up the sleeve of her blouse and there are purple bruises covering almost her entire  arm.

My heart aches as I watch the bruise gets covered up. This "master" is a lunatic. Acting all nice and bubbly, but deep down he's a monster.

We arrive in front of two large doors with dragons carved on the mahogany wood. It is guarded by two large men, and with a keen eye I can see dust of powder on the collars of their black suits. The guard I'm staring at must've noticed and pretends to scratch his neck to cover it.

The doors open. Inside is that guy and Hiccup sitting at a round table with china plates and gold utensils. There's another table at the far corner filled with food.

"Ah, here she is" says the guy with blue hair, he's dressed in a red suit now, "come come, sit to my left."

The handcuffs are removed and I walk to the table, fixing my coat. I glance at Hiccup who looks dashing in his black coat with a gold chain dangling on his chest pocket and hair slicked back. He glances back but I immediately look away.

"Sit down, please." A maid pulls a chair and ushers me to sit.

As much as I hate sitting next to this psycho, and his imitation of Hiccup, I did anyway, if it's going to make me come out of here alive.

"How was your bath? I heard you and my friend Hiccup here had a "steamy" time together." He wiggle his eyebrows at Hiccup.

I feel goosebumps on my entire body. "Abs by steamy you mean creeping up on me, then yes."

"Baron, I don't think we should talk about that while eating." Says Hiccup, nodding at me, "especially when the lady is uncomfortable."

"Yes," Baron clears his throat, "my apologies, where are my manners, especially when we're talking with Berk's finest Alpha."

Now we're talking, I sweep back my coat and lean towards the table, my elbows resting on my thighs, if my mother sees me right now she would've hit me. "So Baron, what do you need me here for? After you ambushed my squad, destroyed my city, and killed my people, what do you want from me that it had to go through all that?"

Baron rakes his hand through his hair, and I notice a mark on his forehead, about a size of my thumb nail is an X scar.

His face turns serious, his gentle eyes become cold, and his presence changed, he's become a different person just by the change of emotion in his eyes. "You see, there's something I own that your family stole."

Curiosity struck me at the moment, "Baron, what could possibly be that thing that you'd tear down a whole city  just to retrieve it? I could've just handed it over."

He chuckled, leaning back on his chair, glancing at Hiccup who remains sitting with a straight face across me. He's staring at me. But my attention is back on Baron when he spoke again.

"Actually, it's not just any object," he said, fingers drumming on the table, "it's actually you."

My heart skipped a beat—not in a good way, when he pointed a finger at me.

Keeping my composure with my sudden curiosity and confusion, I said: "I beg your pardon? I didn't get the message you're trying to convey."

He smiles, "It's simple actually," he said, leaning back on his chair, "you my dear have the blood of True Alpha, and I need your blood for something I've been working on for years."

"Mind of you tell me?" I ask.

He tutted, putting a finger in front of me, "Not yet, it's halfway done, I'll yell you when I will need your precious blood for it to work."

I look at Hiccup, hoping something inside him still holds a little bit of his old self in him. But all I can see is darkness in his green eyes.

"What do you say?" Baron asks, putting a hand out, "do we have a deal?"

"Elaborate." I say coldly. If I can't get a way out of here back to my city and comrades, I have to dig through the dangers. If this project he's proposing needs my blood in it, I have the right to know what it is.

Baron laughs, "Like I said—if you were listening, I—

"I heard what you said, but if you won't tell me what it is then I'm afraid I am not interested in making a partnership with you," I say, crossing my arms, "like you said, you need me, and in order for your target partner to agree you must prove yourselves, if the data asked is not given out so properly then I am afraid you will have to work hard for it, I'm not a fool that you think I am Baron, you may fool others with your cheeky and charming act, but I won't."

I got up to leave but a guard blocks my way.

"Don't worry, I won't try to escape," I said, aiming it a Baron, "I'm curious what you have in store, and I ought to see it. But please arrange your terms and conditions properly before you propose a project to me. Good day."

Glad I took up the business class my father forced me in summer classes, I have something to lay over to buy me time for this scheme going on. I have to find my brother, and Sian, and fast.