Part 34

Hiccup's PoV

During Training...

I stood like a stiff doll in the formation Aciel told us to form right after we arrive in the Hofferson mansion. He will be in charge with the training today, because in a few months time, Astrid will be crowned new Alpha and we have a few months away to prove ourselves worth as the next Council. As majestic as it sounds, it's quite scary thinking that I will one day sit in the chairs of power despite being an Omega. But of course no one knows about it, they know I'm an Alpha for which I strive to prove by now showing my weakness.

But something scares me. Only a few people knows about my true identity, but there's one out there who does, an outsider.

The memory of that night flashes in my head again.

I can't forget his face, the blank stare in his dark eyes and...

"Hiccup."

I snap back to reality to see Aciel looking at me skeptically and Astrid giving me an are-you-okay-look. 

"Oh sorry, I was dozing off." I say shaking my head.

"Didn't get a good night's rest, buddy?" asked Aciel with a sly smirk.

I chuckle, "Yeah, something like that."

"Alright everybody, enough slacking off." Aciel claps his hands with a serious and loud tone like a roaring dragon at his prey.

Aciel told us what we should do once we step up in the Council. It is our sole duty to make sure nothing happens to the Alpha no matter what it costs we have to think of her safety and her safety alone, at this point Aciel glanced at me as if he was aiming it at me. Well of course he does, I'm his sister's boyfriend at the same time, so it's one of my duty to make sure she's safe all the time.

"And second, your Alpha is in charge all the times, do not take orders from anyone unless the Alpha approves," Aciel say pacing back and forth in front of us. "And whatever the Alpha wishes must be done, you are not allowed to object, even if you think it's wrong. The Alpha is always on top of the hierarchy."

I glance at Astrid who was just listening at one side. She's not part of this training we have because she will have a different training that only a True Alpha can give her, and her grandfather and father are the ones able to do it.

"Today, we will be joined by someone important." Aciel say which caught everyone's attention.

Everyone around me begins to whisper, intrigued by the sudden announcement.

"Enough with the formalities Aciel." 

Everyone turn around to the direction where a man wearing a simple black shirt and training pants walks towards us. His blue eyes looks familiar, and his stare him look even more intimidating. My eyes then darted towards the two siblings giggling at each other. The man who just arrived is none other than Astrid and Aciel's father, the current Alpha: Vincent Hofferson himself. It's like a treat to see the True Alpha, and his children in one place and smiling at each other like a normal family.

"Well, after what I saw, I think you're almost there." Mr. Hofferson say, smiling at everyone. A smile that I don't really know if it's genuine or not, even his smile looks scary. He walks pass every one of the pack, nodding at them encouragingly, until he arrives in front of me, he suddenly stopped, his body blocking everything in front of me. I met his gaze, and his blue eyes looked more cold and serious this time, his smile is gone and I think I can feel his stare pierce through me like daggers.

I suddenly felt nervous because he didn't move for almost a minute now and we just stand there face to face looking at each other waiting who will break away first.